It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two more tankers have been attacked in the Strait of Hormuz

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This is being reported by several news agencies. I wonder if this is some stupid idea of Iran (who will no doubt be blamed) or is it someone else who shall remain unnamed who is doing this to create more tension and war plans on Iran..

Sorry to many false flags to believe what is going on is really transparent on the "who did it".

1 of 10
This undated photograph from the United Arab Emirates' Mission to the United Nations released Thursday, June 6, 2019, shows the damage done to the Emirati-owned oil tanker A. Michel off the coast of Fujairah, United Arab Emirates. A joint statement released Thursday by Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Norway said the damage done to the four oil tankers off the UAE likely came from limpet mines placed by a "state actor" amid U.S. and Saudi allegations Iran carried out the sabotage. Iran has denied being involved amid heightened tensions between Tehran and Washington. (United Arab Emirates' Mission to the United Nations via AP)

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman, near the strategic Strait of Hormuz, were reportedly attacked on Thursday, the U.S. Navy said, with one adrift and on fire amid heightened tensions between Washington and Tehran and a high-stakes visit by the Japanese prime minister to Iran.

Benchmark Brent crude spiked 4% in trading following the reported attack, to over $62 a barrel, according to early market figures Thursday.

The latest incident comes after the U.S. alleged that Iran used mines to attack four oil tankers off the nearby Emirati port of Fujairah last month. Iran has denied being involved, but it comes as Iranian-backed rebels in Yemen also have launched missile and drone attacks on Saudi Arabia.

Cmdr. Joshua Frey, a 5th Fleet spokesman, said the U.S. Navy was assisting the two vessels. He did not say how the ships were attacked or who was suspected of being behind the assault.

www.apnews.com...

www.reuters.com...

sputniknews.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia, right? Is that who shall go unnamed? If that's the case, why in the hell are we selling them weapons?
edit on 6/13/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
If Iran is at fault, assassinate the leader(s), and let the people elect replacements. Simple. Saves many lives.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why would Iran go out of its way to basically commit suicide? Because let's be honest, if it is Iran then they just committed suicide. You really believe they would do that? Why?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Here's an exclusive video from the United State's war room formulating a response by the US military:

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Saudi Arabia, right? Is that who shall go unnamed? If that's the case, why in the hell are we selling them weapons?

Anyone's guess besides Iran.. We are selling arms to Saudi Arabia and the Yemeni Houthi rebels who just hit the Abha airport in southern Saudi Arabia; 26 wounded could have a hand in this but I can not understand the angle if they are the ones as they are backed by Iran...

Or Saudi Arabia due to the whole religious B.S. between the Sunni and Shiite which will evidently not come to any kind of peaceful resolution in my life time... Tankers hit Blame Iran

Then we have Israel which Iran continues to make threats to wipe from the map...it would not be their first rodeo if they are the ones responsible... The Liberty ship strike comes to mind so we would blame Egypt and kick their butt.... Tankers hit Blame Iran...

I honestly do not know who is doing this but I really do believe there will be some big announcement with proof (like babies thrown from incubators or some bigger better lie) Iran or one of its' proxies is responsible.. The grand 5 year plan to take out all those countries is running behind schedule for the MIC.

Or Iran in a fit of total stupidity is the real culprit.. Take a pick or maybe someone else I have not considered ?
newsletter.thaivisa.com...

A Houthi military spokesman said the attack on Abha airport was a response to the coalition's crimes against Yemen. "The most modern American systems could not intercept the missile," he said in comments carried by the group's media centre.

The coalition spokesman did not immediately respond when asked if the projectile had been intercepted by the kingdom's Patriot missiles before hitting the airport.

The Houthis have previously targeted Saudi cities with drones and missiles, most of which have been intercepted. In March 2018 an Egyptian was killed in Riyadh by missile shrapnel.

The nearest Patriot battery to Abha airport is about 20 km to the north, said Jeremy Binnie, Middle East & Africa editor of Jane's Defence Weekly. "A cruise missile might be able to come in at a sufficiently low altitude that it could not be engaged before reaching its target," he said.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Maybe ANOTHER country is acting stupid and not Iran as you keep repeating!?

Warmest regards

Lags

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Unlikely, since there were four similar tanker explosions on May 12th where two tankers belonged to Saudi Arabia, one to Norway, and the 4th to the Emirates.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Why would Iran go out of its way to basically commit suicide? Because let's be honest, if it is Iran then they just committed suicide. You really believe they would do that? Why?
Iran commits suicide every day by getting on the wrong side of Israel through its export of terror which in turn pisses off the leadership of the greatest power the world has ever seen the USA. I can hear the sounds of Iraqification on the way

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

BBC reporting it too here in the UK. They said crude prices rising..................... Maybe Vlad's in on it

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

MSN news ( i know, i know) are reporting this as a possible torpedo strike? Or at least they were ten minutes ago. Page seems to have vanished now?

In which case that means a state actor which really reduces the options as to who is responsible. Not looking good if any truth to it

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Iran has not attacked any other country in over 200 years.

Whats in it for Iran to take on the US as an agressor?

whats far more likely is that Iran is being provoked into retaliating to provocations by a major power so they can them claim to the world that they have been attacked therefore they can use that as an excuse to bomb Iran back to the stone age like Iraq., Afghanistan, and now Syria have.

What exactly has Iran done wrong in the world such that it can be credibly called a threat to other countries ?????

Why would Iran who can physically see with their own two eyes what the US does to any country that runs foul of them can do in retaliation.

Would it be the case that Iran is being provoked into a war it undoubtedly does not want so that a major superpower can plunder Irans vast oil resources just like it would appear they have done to other countries in recent and not so recent past?

Is it the case that this major power is taking orders from a very small but very powerful country in the mid east and is provoking a war with Iran even though they know its an insane thing to do?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Why do Muslims tend to strap themselves with a bombvest then blow themselves up?

eta* not saying all Muslims, but the only people you hear about blowing themself and others up are Muslims.

edit on 13-6-2019 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why would Iran go out of its way to basically commit suicide?

Because the mullahs are bat sh__ insane ?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

What exactly has Iran done wrong in the world such that it can be credibly called a threat to other countries ?????

other than being a MASSIVE sponsor of terrorism throughout the region?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

whats far more likely is that Iran is being provoked into retaliating to provocations by a major power so they can them claim to the world that they have been attacked therefore they can use that as an excuse to bomb Iran back to the stone age like Iraq., Afghanistan, and now Syria have.

The Iranians are being forced into being 'Pearl Harboured' through the strangulation of their economy. Was checking out the cars their main producers are stockpiling the other day as they haven't got essential imported parts for finishing them. 300,000 from just the two main producers sitting in storage as can't finish due to the strangulation

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The crude oil price spike as we have just seen could very well be a reason for this..

But lets be honest, the Tanker was hit with a Torpedo, now that is very much open to debate as regards to what type but it certainly had to be launched from somewhere. Obviously the big world players know who fired it and from what/where. Either come out with a "official announcement" or they are allowing this situation to come to fruition from whatever the rhetoric is.

Whilst I know some people will call nonsense to this statement but I have a few friends working in this region and I have been hearing the last few years that the oil industry is hitting the panic button as major western countries start to move away from the type of demand that we have seen previous with the need for fossil fuels. I fully expect in the next 5 years we will see all sorts of shenanigans being played out...

One does not just wake up and decide to smash a war head into a bloody big boat that could in turn cause massive natural disaster scenarios that will plague it's coast for years. (Luckily I hear the Cargo is secure?)..

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Petra137

JPost reporting the torpedoe too

"The alleged attack on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman occurred just forty miles off the coast of a secretive Iranian naval base where submarine-launched anti-ship missiles were tested in February. The Jask base was established in 2008. According to reports it is initially under the control of the Iranian navy, while the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps run other bases in the Persian Gulf.

The base gave Iran an easy way to threaten the Straits of Hormuz and potentially cut off a fifth of the world’s oil supply. It appears the IRGC set down roots in Jask ask well, after it was expanded. Initially the port is a center for the Islamic Republic of Iran Navy’s 2nd Naval District headquarters."

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
To me this and the attacks last month have the feel of Bibi trying to push Trump into attacking Iran.

Israeli spec ops/drone mini subs attack tankers,blame Iran,and watch the US fireworks ensue.

Whomever is responsible,you just know Iran will get the blame and possibly be on the recieving end of some US forced "freedom."

Thats what it looks like to me-Bibi is sensing now is the time to push the US into more war for Israeli interests.

Lets hope I am way off the truth,because this is some dangerous s##t.
Iran are far more dangerous than Syria and Iraq.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Not likely. Two of the tankers that were attacked last month belonged to Saudi Arabia and Israel relies on them heavily to deter Iran throughout the region.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join