It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Official - Democrats Now Care More About Illegal Immigrants Than They Do For U.S. Citizens.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: chr0naut
But the official policy that turns back asylum seekers at the ports of entry stops them.

You mean the official policy that immediately denies bogus asylum claims?

You know, the 90+% of claims that are denied after months or years of them waiting for their hearing, because they are not valid?

Maybe these people shouldn't be coming at all, if they don't qualify for asylum?

The situation is that they are turned away before their asylum claims are even made. Border security guards have no authority to adjudicate asylum claims. The border guards themselves have expressed their disquiet about the policy that they have to turn away asylum seekers without the asylum claims being considered.

Also, there are quotas that have nothing to do with eligibility for asylum or the numbers that must be evaluated. This is the reason that most claims are denied - because the quota is full.

Then there is also a growing backlog of people who have applied for asylum and are awaiting a decision. Some people have been waiting up to four years, so add another 100,000 new applicants a year when the maximum processing is in the 10,000's and you can see that in real terms, the border is actually now effectively closed to asylum seekers.

Until people without valid claims stop coming and overloading the system, this is how it should be.

The quota is set by the President and has little to do with the actual legitimacy, or otherwise, of asylum claims.

And, if you care to check the figures, deportation numbers currently exceed the number of apprehensions of those who try and cross undocumented. The net migration of the undocumented is currently negative.

If this is true, then hallelujah, and thank you Mr. President!

The President claimed it was a national emergency, to claim more money for the wall, but the actual situation shows no emergency and that the money would be wasted to solve an situation that is already entirely in hand by existing means.

edit on 17/6/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The situation is that they are turned away before their asylum claims are even made. Border security guards have no authority to adjudicate asylum claims. The border guards themselves have expressed their disquiet about the policy that they have to turn away asylum seekers without the asylum claims being considered.

Also, there are quotas that have nothing to do with eligibility for asylum or the numbers that must be evaluated. This is the reason that most claims are denied - because the quota is full.

Interesting... I didn't know this, thanks...

But you will probably not be surprised to hear me say... it makes no difference to me.

The President claimed it was a national emergency, to claim more money for the wall, but the actual situation shows no emergency and that the money would be wasted to solve an situation that is already entirely in hand by existing means.

No emergency. 10,000+ per month. No emergency.

Wow. Just wow.

Glad you aren't in charge.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

But you will probably not be surprised to hear me say... it makes no difference to me.

Wow. Just wow.

Maybe someday he will address the emergency..

Americans buying 2 billion worth of drugs from the cartels who destabilize the countries and cause these migrations.

The wall will help stop the refugees.

It wont stop the bad guys at all. They have found hundreds of tunnels, submarines, drones, catapults, trucks and cars with false chambers, boats, planes, helicopters etc.
And all the drug lords have american family ties now.

Just because there is a problem doesn't make a solution that works in reality. That takes more than political demagoguery. By either side.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Wow. Just wow.

No emergency because they can deal with the 10,000+ per month and then some.

Due to the rate of processing and deportations, the net flow is out of the country. Which means that the current situation is dealing with all the incoming and processing out those who aren't granted asylum.

The situation is in hand with current methodologies and there isn't an emergency.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I can't wait for 2 years of ridiculous liberal rhetoric on immigration and the demagogue president playing extreme politics with people's lives.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
They tried to pull this bs in the 60s for those who don't know;

During the 1960s, at the height of the Civil Rights Movement, the National Origins Formula increasingly came under attack for being racially discriminatory.

Immigration and Nationality Act

U.S. Department of State Office of the Historian the purpose of the 1924 act was "to preserve the ideal of American homogeneity".

These acts were put into place because of the overwhelming number of legal immigrants who needed time to assimilate. Of course there was also the illegal aliens invading as well.

So between legal and illegal, the influx of people was overwhelming to our system.

As it is designed to be, recall ClowardPiven & Alinsky tactics and it all makes sense why the damned flip flopping Dems are pushing for it.

But before they were for it they were against it, and visa versa. Sounds contradictory but that's exactly what the dem party is, contradictory.

Any one recall Operation Wetback? No, well it needs to happen again and on a bigger scale. Seriously, we need to deport every single person who is here illegally not just Mexicans.

As many as 1.3 million people may have been swept up in the Eisenhower-era campaign with a racist name, which was designed to root out undocumented Mexicans from American society.

Operation Wetback

Remember Elián González, Dems just couldn't allow even one child to be here.
Maybe this will sound familiar, it's a Dem go to;

In a pre-dawn raid, armed U.S. federal agents seize Elian Gonzalez from the home of his Miami relatives.

For those of you living under a rock or born yesterday here's link;

A Chronology Of The Elian Gonzalez Saga | Saving Elian | FRONTLINE | PBS

November 25 1999, A five-year-old Cuban boy

Frontline chronology

I'm not saying immigrants are not welcome, they are welcome to come here LEGALLY that's the key.

Illegal aliens aka Invaders are not welcome, yet the flood gates are being opened to them...why?

edit on 18-6-2019 by ADVISOR because: Added image

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Its the dems and the president.

Otherwise a real system would be created.

This one doesnt even address the drug cartels which is the cause of mass migration.

I'm not saying immigrants are not welcome, they are welcome to come here LEGALLY that's the key. 

Part of that is solving the problem and making the right people legal and illegal. People willing to come work without handouts should be the right people...that isn't a system being designed.
edit on 18-6-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Ever heard of Ellis Island?

Legal immigrants are coming here via legal channels, illegal aliens are sneaking in.

Legal immigrants want to come here and assimilate, illegal aliens come here and don't assimilate.

Legal immigrants pay less and don't get separated from their families. Illegal aliens end up paying more and being enslaved all the while being separated from their families.

As for drug cartels, only way to rid the world of them is to create a global joint task force authorized to conduct direct action operations.

Cartels are who run Mexico, proof is seen when looking at how many politicians down there have been murdered.

Also this thread is called "Its Official - Democrats Now Care More About Illegal Immigrants Than They Do For U.S. Citizens." Not cartels and how to resolve the world of their influence.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Most immigrant didnt come through Ellis island.

Also it was legal to work as a guest and go back home. Which many of the illegals would have done if the liberals didnt create a benefit program for them.

It's the mudpit.

The president or the Democrats don't care for the people and neither have a real plan to stop mass migration or handle the fact millenials wont work in the trades even when payed 100k
edit on 18-6-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Guess I don't understand what you're trying to get at, what's your point?

That you want blanket amnesty for illegals regardless of their criminal history and intent?

So let's just allow thousands of drug runners, rapists, human traffickers and other scum of the Earth to come here freely and unopposed?

Yeah that sounds like a plan...for failure.

Or maybe, we enforce standards and accept people who come here to be citizens legally, instead of sneaking in to continue commiting crimes.

As I mentioned before, it's cheaper and safer to come here legally than illegally. How hard is that to understand?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Maybe you should read what I write. Then you can figure out what I am saying rather than assume I am on the other "team" you need to beat.

We need to allow people to come work without benefits by beefing up Visa programs. Take away all benefits unless a crime gets committed against a guest worker and it is court ordered. If they are good workers and willing to work get them a path that is expedited.

We need to address in a serious way the cartels war on America and it may involve force if Mexico can not control the cartels. The drugs kill millions the violence creates mass migration.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Obviously that was a typo, should have read 100,000+ per month - and no, the current system cannot possibly deal with even half that many, obviously, because ... numbers.

Due to the rate of processing and deportations, the net flow is out of the country.

Please provide a link/citation to prove this assertion, or I call BS...

Which means that the current situation is dealing with all the incoming and processing out those who aren't granted asylum.

The situation is in hand with current methodologies and there isn't an emergency.

If you really believe this then you are blind.
edit on 18-6-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

The only emergency is the lack of ideas to solve the root of the problem.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Democrats?
This whole country cares more for illegals than our own.
We have a homeless epidemic going on , meanwhile illegals and people from other countries in general, get a ton of assistance. It's ridiculous. But Americans will do nothing. Ever. No one will ever take action toward any issues anymore. We are all too docile now. Weakened masses soon to be taken over ....

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Trump has outlined what needs to be done. The emergency is due to the refusal of Congress to act.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Nope, I did read it and responded the way i interpret your words in the context I received them.

Illegally in the USofA is criminal, that's a fact.

Nothing to misunderstand about it.

I'm not here to f'n argue with you or debate the fact that illegal aliens are criminals and do not deserve to be rewarded with citizenship over those who came here the legal way. That's retarded as hell.

I'll never support amnesty, I'll never believe illegal is legal and I'll never support those who can't tell the damn difference.

I suggest we agree to disagree and cease conversing.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
All this bickering about 'illegal" immigrants is obviously irrelevant at this point.

Thump already fired off a tweet claiming he was going to deport millions of people who are vital to the US economy... Problem is, the government is generally completely incompetent. So I think it's safe to say that very few actual criminals will be deported in this little cheap vote grab operation.

If he actually does end up going through with his threat to deport millions of illegals, I guarantee the majority will be good hard working people that simply don't have all their papers in order, which be definition will just end up hurting the economy.

But, i guess it's like the saying goes... Give 'em enough rope.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The wheel doesn't need to be reinvented. There are countries with immigration systems that work. Our problem is a lack of WILL and BRAINS by both Republicans and Democrats in Congress over the past 3 decades.

No will to fix the system.
A lack of brains to understand what a booming America would bring.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Obviously that was a typo, should have read 100,000+ per month - and no, the current system cannot possibly deal with even half that many, obviously, because ... numbers.

Due to the rate of processing and deportations, the net flow is out of the country.

Please provide a link/citation to prove this assertion, or I call BS...

Which means that the current situation is dealing with all the incoming and processing out those who aren't granted asylum.

If you really believe this then you are blind.

In the year 2000, estimated to be the highest year ever for illegal immigration into the US, with 1,643,679 apprehensions, there were 1,864,343 deportations and removals.

Department of Homeland Security Immigration Statistics Yearbook 2017, Table 39. Aliens Removed or Returned: Fiscal Years 1892 to 2017

So, in the very worst year ever for illegal entry into the US, the actual net flow was negative. There was no emergency then. There is no emergency now.

Deportation Numbers Unwrapped Raw Statistics Reveal the Real Story of ICE Enforcement in Decline.pdf - Center for Immigration Studies (CIS)

edit on 18/6/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Next week, Democrats and Left-wing Media will further prove their love for illegals over U.S. citizens.

Deportations of U.S. law breakers starts in earnest: www.npr.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join