It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Studying Freemasons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have delved into studying the Freemasons. I'm not sure what I will get out of it or what will come of it. I am starting with the book The Builders then I am going to continue reading the history of Freemasonry in my city. I hope to learn something interesting and new going about this. I've heard a lot about being a Freemason, some good... and some supposedly bad. I don't know how much the Freemasons are aloud to talk about their craft and what they have to keep secret. What are the perks of being a Freemason? Are there any downfalls to being one? What does my future look like if I do become one? Will they forgive me of my sins once I confess? Any input is greatly appreciated.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FrictionalForces

Go to your local Lodge and ask. They will let you in and answer every question they can.

As a former active member and Officer of Muskegon Lodge #140 , and Commandery #22, I can attest to and say there is nothing to hide.

Other than the obligations of the fraternity, we have no vast agenda that is conspiracy based.

There's a lot of members here at ATS whom are or have been brothers. Or at least there were when I was more active years ago.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

no downside as far as I can see. Dues are cheap, $100 a year. When you join a side group, it almost always comes with a hat, so there is that.

You will meet the most amazing people, the kind you want to be friends with. I don't know what you have heard, but if you ask specific questions, most here can answer. We just can't tell you the handshakes and passwords, and if you ever plan to join, it's best if you don't know what the ritual entails. Not because it's bad, but because it's best to experience it with a sense of wonder and excitement.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FrictionalForces
What are the perks of being a Freemason?

Almost none in the material sense with the possible exception being that Masons in New Jersey get to have beer after Lodge during their post-meeting dinner. Most states dont let you have adult beverages.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: FrictionalForces
What are the perks of being a Freemason?

Almost none in the material sense with the possible exception being that Masons in New Jersey get to have beer after Lodge during their post-meeting dinner. Most states dont let you have adult beverages.

Wait, they get regulated even though it's a private club?

Either way, some rules are meant to be broken, and boy is that a dumb one.

Plus it would be an easy way to find out if there are any loose lips trying to sink ships. Rule #1, don't talk about the booze, lines, and hookers.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It's self-regulated. Many states don't allow it and actually have it codified in their Masonic Constitution and By-Laws.

But I laugh at those states....mostly from a drunken state and lying in a pool of my own vomit.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR

Go to your local Lodge and ask. They will let you in and answer every question they can.
So you guys are dialing back on the old 'tongue torn out by the root' thang? Pity.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

It's self-regulated. Many states don't allow it and actually have it codified in their Masonic Constitution and By-Laws.

But I laugh at those states....mostly from a drunken state and lying in a pool of my own vomit.

Man brother, we need to hang out!

In all honesty I love being a freemason, best decision ever!

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

My brother speaks the truth. In North Carolina, it's in our by-laws that we won't have alcohol in the Blue Lodge. Everyone says "that's what the shrine is for". We aren't the wild drunken masons of New Jersey. We have sweet tea.

But one day I hope to find out if their bourbon selection is up to the standards of rumor.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: ADVISOR

So you guys are dialing back on the old 'tongue torn out by the root' thang? Pity.

oh no, we do that all the time. You can tell by how many bodies show up with those injuries. A Vulture gotta eat right?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Non-Mason here. Yes. It's apparently all true what the brothers here are telling you. Probably the beer and hookers thing too.
Lots of fun I'm sure.

However, there are deeper mysteries that some are drawn to and pursue. Although you might have to look real hard and not at your local hall.

After that its gets a little hazy. Then there was that P2 Lodge bidness.

Just say yes to the beer and maybe no to the deeper mysteries?
edit on 12-6-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

What does my future look like if I do become one? Will they forgive me of my sins once I confess? Any input is greatly appreciated.

I think wanna be Masons need to pass muster in the "Order of DeMolay".... my rich uncle pressured me to join when I was just a lad, but drugs, alcohol and fast women led me astray. So I joined a hedonistic sect of worthless artists instead. We also wore goofy hats from time to time and sang folk songs.

edit on 12-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I think that every organization based on hierarchy depending on the level you are different things matter.

So the plebs will be about booze, lines, hookers and friendship. but I'm pretty sure the higher-ups have completely different priority's. Not to say they don't enjoy the stuff mentioned before.

Maybe you want to read some of the stuff Albert Pike wrote. It might give you some insight.

How many of you guys that are Mason's have actually red Pike's work's?

Honestly No Clue

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

However, there are deeper mysteries that some are drawn to and pursue. Although you might have to look real hard and not at your local hall.

After that its gets a little hazy. Then there was that P2 Lodge bidness.

I will say, I was drawn to it by the esoteric side of it. That being said, you only learn and get from Freemasonry what you put into it. Morals and Dogma was a very hard read. I suggest you read Manly P Hall's book The Secret Teachings of All Ages.

ETA. A quote from Albert Pike is in my signature....if you understand that, you will LOVE Freemasonry
edit on 12-6-2019 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

To read Pike is to beat oneself over the head with one of the greatest affronts to clarity and the English language ever published.

I got through maybe a third. Just enough to make sure he was talking ancient mystery school and he was.

The brothers don't really recognize that aspect of Pike as having much revelance past or present.

I'm quite fond of the brothers here and my friends in rl I should add. But, hey, they be some mysteries stuff with some members that much is true, right Freemasons?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I don't know anything at all about the masons.
They make really great jars.
They do pretty great work with stones and bricks too.
One of them was a great tv lawyer.

I probably know more about mesons.

ganjoa

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Look in to the history of art associated with this subject.

Stone "cutters" haha,

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Then there was that P2 Lodge bidness.

We forget about that, don't we? Seems to me that came down about the same time I discovered RAW (Robert Anton Wilson for the uninitiated) and Foucault's Pendulum. Probably the forces that started me lurking around these-here parts. All hail Discordia!

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Please help a needy fellow out with some spare links. I'm very hungry sir, and if you could just spare me a few links, I'll be on my way.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue
but I'm pretty sure the higher-ups have completely different priority's.

What qualifies as a higher up?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join