It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Fighting Styles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Ran across this and as a martial artist and MMA fan, who also cracks out on utube street fight comps every now and then.. "WORLDSTAR!!!", I always chuckle at how people go about fighting and this guy perfectly sums up the often flamboyant novelty. "The clothes remover," heelarious!
Where you at tinysicktears? This is for you! haha

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Funny video

I’m more of a “eh my friends can take care of it, I need another beer” type fighter

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I prefer the "unique" fighting style...

Unique up on 'em, and hit 'em with a brick.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have always swore by the "Cloths remover" style....do it with the right level of aggressive campness and it terrifies your opponent.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
kind of comical video. I just grab a person by the throat and press on the arteries in the neck. Instinct fighting, they go down to their knees and quit bothering you. Strangely, they don't usually even remember much after the fact.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah I bet they don't poop right for a week after that either.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Nice.

My kiddo was doing the "watches too much TV" with a side of "sound effects" and boasting about how he was going to show everyone his "moves". That was about the time I told him if he really wanted to show everyone some moves, we could find a place for him actually really learn some.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Smart thinking, there's too much to risk to fight on a whim. Maimage, lawsuits, jail time... it generally ain't worth it unless you are defending yourself or loved one.

a reply to: madmac5150
Haha, thanks for the laugh!

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Yea that cracked me up. Just don't get hit when your pants are down, that would be terrible!

a reply to: rickymouse
True dat, even a strike to the throat would end things quick. I like the obtaining a rear naked choke with legs wrapped around or guillotine to just end it quickly and with less destruction.

a reply to: ketsuko
Ha, I was once there! Bruce Lee movies did that to an entire generation! I support enrolling in martial arts training, one of the more traditional softer ones anyway. The full mma training is awesome and challenging but I would not want my child to get involved with that level of intensity. Tae Kwon Do was fun for me and Ju Jitsu is fun and less destructive. One can still gain positive benefits from martial art training with the softer styles. Things like self discipline, optimal shape. camaraderie and of course learning how to defend oneself are all worthy traits imo. There is actual sparring and competing in the softer styles which is of importance also. One needs to actually square up against another individual to be well rounded, but the softer styles are again, less destructive. People have to be really careful engaging in fights because you never know what your opponent can/will do. Taking martial arts can be tough because there is a natural inclination for one's ego to become over inflated while learning martial arts, and people tend to show off or become over confident and they can get themselves in trouble. The best things I learned in the softer styles was never fight unless defending oneself, never underestimate your opponent and be humble,calm and respectful. A good teacher will emphasize these traits.

If my kid wanted asked to get involved with hard styles of mma, it would be similar to granting them a motorcycle if they asked (like I did), they could do that when they are 18 and move out. Is that "18" these days or more like 25? haha I guess I would be a hypocrite too because I am a big mma fan and value the competition and skill display, I also, however know that CTE is a real and dangerous thing and so personally I would try and sway my child from that all together.

new topics

top topics

join