It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. women's soccer...Damm!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Bloodworth

Of course the media is trying to bash the u.s. team for continuing to celebrate after each goal.

On the one hand, I understand their enthusiasm and excitement... But on the other hand, at some point it's comparable to a grown adult celebrating taking candy from a baby.

Sometimes, self-awareness goes a long way. Sure, they kicked butt... but they can do so with class and grace as well. If there's anything worse than a poor loser, it's a poor winner.

At the world cup level there are no babies...thank you, come again...

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The womens u.s. soccer team Is on another level.

Want a laugh ?

The USA women's football team were convincingly beaten by a team of adolescents in a embarrassing defeat for the world champions. They were roundly outplayed, losing 5-2 against FC Dallas Under-15s academy side who took full advantage of their big day. The players did not appear to allow the display to subdue their spirits and posed with the opposition for photos after the game.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So they lost to American males???
Thank you, come again

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's schoolboy level football.
Not seen a single talented player.

School boy level ? we are taking about girls not boys.
Thank you, come again

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

At the world cup level there are no babies...thank you, come again...

Ahhhh... so metaphors are lost on you... gotcha.

Oh well. Enjoy your Pyrrhic victory. For whatever it's worth.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Blame the rules of the tournament for the score run-up. If teams are tied in the win loss bracket, they go by goal differential's to determine who moves on to the next round.

They subtract the number of goals scored against a team from the number of goals that team has scored.

Knowing that, as a coach I'd have done the same thing.

As for the celebrations,

If you have worked your whole life to get to the world stage, and then managed to score a goal,and get your name in the history books, I would think you too would celebrate that momentous occasion..

Yes the teams were mismatched, don't blame the usa for that, they didn't draw up the brackets.

In a sport where the most heard complaint is..

"Its boring, there is not enough goals."

I find it ironic that people are now complaining,

"There were too many goals, the girls should have just played keep away the entire second half"

Can't have it both ways ....

---

On a side note,

Did any one catch the one Thai players name...

"Rattikan Thongsumbut"
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Ratty can thong some butt...

Lol trust me no one wants to see her in a thong.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think a fair few are missing the point of the criticism here. The USWNT were not wrong to try and score as many goals as possible - there is nothing wrong with that.

But when you are over 5-0 up against a team of complete amateurs you do not need to celebrate every further goal like your numbers have just come in on the mega ball lottery - that is what the criticism is for.

Can you imagine Tom Brady, for example, going absolutely crazy if he had just thrown another touchdown pass to go over 80 points up against an amateur team? As Boudicca so correctly said, there is nothing worse in competitve sport than a sore winner.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Can you imagine a celebration like that after hitting a home run?
Better pay attention during your next at bat cuz a high hard one is coming your way.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Sometimes, self-awareness goes a long way. Sure, they kicked butt... but they can do so with class and grace as well. If there's anything worse than a poor loser, it's a poor winner.

And not just in women's soccer! In Life....

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And not just in women's soccer! In Life....

Yes -- this 1000%!!!

I was thinking the same even as I wrote it.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

No problem at all with “running up the score”

I really don’t have a problem with the celebrations either

Just pointing out this is a team that whines and moaned when the tied in 2016, now celebrating their 11th goal and so in in a game

Pick oneor the other: your a team that doesn’t care what the score is and welcomes evry style of play and celebrating, or you whine and moan the other team are cowards by playing defensively when you tie them and this don’t celebrate when you score ten plus goals

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: alldaylong

The womens u.s. soccer team Is on another level.

Want a laugh ?

The USA women's football team were convincingly beaten by a team of adolescents in a embarrassing defeat for the world champions. They were roundly outplayed, losing 5-2 against FC Dallas Under-15s academy side who took full advantage of their big day. The players did not appear to allow the display to subdue their spirits and posed with the opposition for photos after the game.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So they lost to American males???
Thank you, come again

Err no.

They lost to American CHILDREN.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yeah, I caught that name.

Too funny.

As for the tournament rules, It's so much easier to blame the u.s.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

That was hope solo....

Notice she's not the goalkeeper anymore..

Not arguing bro just pointing it out..

Hope was a very divisive player, I respect her abilities on the pitch, as a fellow former goalkeeper I
Can't say I like the way she ran her mouth off of it..

The management made the correct choice of letting her go..

I think it's a tad unfair to hold the current team accountable for her gaff's though.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Maybe

I guess we will see

Hopefully they win it all, but if not hopefully they are gracious in defeat

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Maybe what?

I too Hope a single Solo player does not tarnish the character of this great team, and I Hope if one Solo player does, they are let go as well..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Lot of disrespect towards the womens game on here, additionally there's some absolutely clueless wonders on football around also. Good to see the womens game get stronger and better in the next few years, and Thailand, considering the investment and player pool of the country, did the best they could. Wouldn't read anything into the US result, they'll get more of a game against some of the other teams they'll face

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

The first thing thailand needs is a better goalkeeper program..

Second thing is they need a goalkeeper over five feet five inches tall..

Third thing they need is a well rounded playmaking mid fielder with the ability to hold the ball while they get numbers forward..

But..on the plus side

This is a young program, and I think it will get better.

They don't have a deep pool of female talent over there.the fact that they qualified for the world cup is almost a miricle in itself(side note- the USA men's nationals failed to qualify for the upcoming world cup).

If they spend a bit of money at the youth level,as the USA women's program has for over 3 decades they can hope to do a lot better.

But the program itself is going to take at least another decade(probably 3) before they are championship contenders..

But what do I know..

I'm just a,
~meathead

edit on 12-6-2019 by Mike Stivic because: Fixed clarified and pontificated

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's schoolboy level football.
Not seen a single talented player.

Which only demonstrates that you haven't watched much womens football. There are many good, talented players these days and a handful of extremely skillful players.

The one area that does seem to be lacking still (sadly) is goalkeeper. Most seem pretty rubbish, which is possibly unfair of me but simply how it appears as an observer. It's the reason i always shout "shoot" when anyone gets within about 30 yards.

Never thought about it before but im wondering if thats the one position that the obvious physiological difference (boobs) actually does make a difference. Im a bloke so this is pure speculation but i imagine that diving onto your boobs can be quite painful......

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

But what do I know.. I'm just a, ~meathead

If you keep telling yourself that, then maybe one day you'll slap your head under a grill

It's good that people are getting interested in the womens game, should've also thrown in a comment about the handball rule, and I'm not just saying that because of the dubious penalty against Scotland. That rule basically gives player license to whack a shot against an opponents arm in the hope of getting something, regardless of whether the body movement was deliberate or not, ludicrous.

And secondly, in relation to the Thai keeper, a good goalkeeper doesn't have to have height in order to be good, but being able to stand up to a shot DOES make a lot of difference

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

It's the size difference..

The average male keeper has a height advantage, as well as bigger hands so not only do they cover more area, they tend to give up less rebounds..

At Tonys camps I met some spectacular female keepers, it's not psychology, it's physicality...

Also most female goalkeepers strap them down under there sports bra.. they are not worried about that at all..

I never wore a cup, it's to restricting on the side shuffle.. I dare say I was in more danger of more pain, and never gave it a second thought on a 50/50 ball...

I am pretty sure the women don't either.

Respectfully,
~meathead

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join