It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama passes chemical castration law for sex offenders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

I don't see it working because it's just a medication that takes away sex drive and is reversed if they stop taking it .

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
I used to think this would be a great deterrent and punishment. Now im not sure.

That's good, because it has never been proven to work. Even actual physical castration doesn't stop hardcore molesters. They just get more creative.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

No, they can charge anyone. Alabama does have some Romeo and Juliet laws in place to help safeguard against this, but they are somewhat ripe for abuse.

One stipulation is that there can only be a two year age gap when one of the parties is underage; so a 15 year old can date a 13 year old, 16 can date a 14, etc. However, you go a day past that 2 year mark, and you're a registered sex offender.

Additionally within the law, is the implication that the law only applies to heterosexual couples; pair that with the crazy south, and there could potentially be bad things on the horizon.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I think it's primarily a overcrowding issue, simply a way to justify cutting some of these guys loose

edit on 12-6-2019 by tayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
How many trips around the sun is required...

We set such nice societal rules.

Without rules you get bullies, Infringing their will on the weaker.

Where did your morals come from?

No biggie ...... just plain fairness, and common decency, and doing unto others

as you would they should do unto you.

If you impose a choice on another,

*Impose* interesting word thats what bullies do? and thats why we need

laws and rules for justice to prevail.

But why?

So that the weak can receive equal justice surely!!

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Similar to your statement, when my son was in 8th grade, I got a call from the school shortly after dismissal to pick him up and that he was being suspended for the rest of the week for slapping another girls butt while they were entering the school bus. I get to the school and the girl was in the office with her parents there as well. “apparently she slapped his ass first, then it turned into a game of teenage “ass grab” Anyway, our county school system is set up to where any disciplinary from the school system always results in a visit to the county court house and go before the judge. The principal handed me and the other parents a paper with the court date for the following morning. I was a little nervous about this visit because I was just their the week before over my boy wearing a pair of jeans with a small hole in the leg (dress code compliance offender) The judge threatened to have me jailed over that. (I have no criminal record so I’m not a familiar face in his court room as he his the criminal justice court judge) Although, nothing came of the two kids playing ass grab at school dismissal other than being suspended from school the rest of the week and having to report to an office next to the judges chambers in place of school doing homework, that judge threatened those 2 kids with pressing criminal sex offender charges on both of them and letting them both know that they’d have to register as sex offenders for the rest of their lives if he was to press the charges. Another thing to think about is how easy for an “accused” to be convicted. The way the system is set up, most accused are almost always convicted. Think about this on a scale...

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Doubt it. How can it be cruel when it is their choice?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

And the girl is under 13? How is that two teenagers?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

If they get castrated, they'll find another evil to do. This is going to get out of hands.
edit on 12-6-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Seems to me you're trying to invent excuses for paedophiles and those who commit sex crimes.
I hope I'm wrong.

I'm no god botherer with a religious dogma to further.
I just know some things are inherently wrong.
And paedophiles and rapists are very much wrong and no amount of smoke in mirrors can change that.

Paedophiles and rapists have a choice, to act upon their 'urges' or not to.
Their victims don't have that option, they just have to suffer the consequences.

Either kill them or lock them away from society for life....and life mean life.
They don't deserve a second chance....their victims won't have one.

I'd bet a penny to a pound that if we made the sentence fit the crime and emphasised punishment instead of rehabilitation that deterrent would see a reduction in the number of sex related crimes.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

I don't see it working because it's just a medication that takes away sex drive and is reversed if they stop taking it .

I recommend the chopped off penis. Hard to reverse that. In the case of serious crimes such as rape, murder, even aggravated assault, Im all for removal of body parts in the interest of making it impossible for the perpetrator to ever commit the crime again. It’s really difficult to hurt of kill someone - even if you’re a sick sadistic blood-thirsty maniac - if you have no arms or legs.
edit on 12-6-2019 by BiffWellington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

I recommend the chopped-off penis. Hard to reverse that. In the case of serious crimes such as rape, murder, even aggravated assault, Im all for removal of body parts in the interest of making it impossible for the perpetrator to ever commit the crime again. It’s really difficult to hurt of kill someone - even if you’re a sick sadistic blood-thirsty maniac - if you have no arms or legs.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Little bit late to the party, but here goes my 2 cents.

I use to be/still am in favor of castration, chemical or otherwise in cases of sexual predators.
The problem is that even if castrated there are still many other ways the person can abuse a child, or adult for that matter.
Now you send someone into the world, after being castrated, that is still basically a sexual predator by nature, but you ad in the anger and frustration of their normal release being taken away and you create a murderer. And what is to stop the guy just dissapearing and not continuing his medication (unless its a one time thing, I have no idea how that works)

And why have a age limit attached to the victim, what is the difference between 12 and 14? For that matter what is the difference between 12 and 45? Rape is rape and should always be treated as the worst crime, perhaps even worse than murder.

Perhaps both castration and life in prison would send a clearer message that this act will not be tolerated.
Of course, I would not be oppose to the death penalty in such cases either. The world has become far to PC and concerned with the rights of criminals which IMO they have none of once they choose to violate someone elses.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

this kind of thing has been used before in europe, but they used it on homosexuals too

Why the hell would they use it on homosexuals? Never heard this before. You have a link on that?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Brian4real
I used to think this would be a great deterrent and punishment. Now im not sure.

That's good, because it has never been proven to work. Even actual physical castration doesn't stop hardcore molesters. They just get more creative.

To be honest, do not know much about this, but I think there is a country in Europe doing this to sex offenders, and they have had very good results with a high percentage not reoffending.

Will have to find a link to this.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

this kind of thing has been used before in europe, but they used it on homosexuals too

Why the hell would they use it on homosexuals? Never heard this before. You have a link on that?

It does not work. People who abuse children are already crazy/mental in the mind. That is why Christians will never be clean. Not even Jesus will help. God is merely protecting the planet. In before Christians cults are going have its own hands in hell for force conversion causing fake crusades all over the world to build their own little empire. The devil can enter churches so be aware of that. Force castration is a no go unless the person really wants it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join