It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32 tips for navigating a society full of propaganda and manipulation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

edit on 12-6-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
#33 Never mind, you're all screwed.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Very good list. Thanks.
Every item could be a discussion in and of itself.

Okay, number 1: Let me tell you a story... LoL.

There may not be any truth, but there appears to be a never-ending supply of liars.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Tip #1 -Ignore everything and flip a coin at every fork in the road.

In a way: your answer is just as brilliant as any other.
It frees one from any attempted BS and/or shenanigans.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: kwakakev
If you are superstitious and you know it, then take mental health breaks. Test the limits of your superstitions in your own way and in your own time. Internet audiences are counter-indicated for such exercises in my opinion.

Hello Pthena. Hope you are well today!

If you're happy and you know it: stomp yer feet.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

If you're happy and you know it: stomp yer feet.

You caught that hah!
I didn't make the effort to match the second part of the line.

It's been a very long time since I listened to Stevie Wonder. Fits quite appropriately. Thanks

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

That's fine my friend.
Your incomplete efforts, are still way more interesting than most peoples full efforts.
Well: for me, anyways.

Your half-moon, one-cheeked, half-ass, half-donkey, part-silly, semi-saucy, partially-facetious, demi-cracked, fanacy-dancy-schmantsy-pantsy, thing: that, uhmm, where were we going with this, that have already forgotten about it.

Perhaps a sense of humour is another good defense against the lies and deceptions of this insane society?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
There are several logical fallacies evident in some of the points, and several conflict with one another.

Specifically some of them make appeals to authority, while others specifically call out appeals to authority. A few "Genetic Fallacies" are also present. Furthermore it is instilled in many of the points that morality and or ethics are fluid, which in and of itself negates several of the points given as objective truth can not exist in such circumstances.

Otherwise there are some good points to mull over in the list, in spite of some internal inconsistencies and fallacies.
edit on 13-6-2019 by dubiousatworst because: sp

(post by digitalhikes removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Just what kind of hidden agenda are you pushing?

Situational Awareness

It sucks being in a culture of screw ups, incompetence and back stabbing morons. Sure these things have their place and they have had for a long time. From my experiences, life can be a bit better with out some certain influences going on. But you have to be smart or it is easy to fall into that old evolutionary mud pit.

I agree with most posters here that the list could do with a bit more work, there is a good foundation there. Some cultures in this world start with a strong foundation in deception at an early age, some a little. I expect everyone has lied and stolen something at least once growing up.

With a site like ATS, I do put these kind of topics down as essential reading. In general it is important for everyone to have a fair go.

I could of said that it is all about the truth, but who want to go to gitmo and get a sex change?

It is about each of us better understanding our place in reality. From there we can better deal with it.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This is a good link to a lot of different Youtube channels that have been trying to get a more accurate picture of reality.

HERE'S YOUR RED PILL

<< 1   >>

join