It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People being poisoned in the Dominican Republic?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

It just seems really odd that all these people die in such a similar way, so close together, at the same place. It starts to look like a pattern.

It could just be a stunning coincidence, but the more you find that fit the pattern, the less likely that seems to be.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Yes, agreed. I wonder about the toxicology reports, where are they?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
the deaths are clustered around tourist hotels.... i'm hearing 2 maybe 3 specific places that cater to the deep-pocket westerners

I suspect Voo-Doo cult poisonings that target the fat walleted tourists...and not the service personnel/maids/cooks/etc.

the Satanic cults need victims to pressure the locals into heeding the power-of-the-voo-doo/hoo-doo Cult believers

perhaps some sneaky stuff from neighboring Haiti black-magic Cults that frequent tourist hotels, resorts in the other half of the Island

a guy named Roger, frequents Haiti/Dominican Republic and spends lots of time in the mountains down there, when he gets back to the East Coast Carolina I will ask him whats the word on the tourists dying from unknown causes …
Roger gave me the WWW link to a site called 'Wild Roots', he is into that primal living & zero-carbon-footprint thing

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This permanent A list mostly movie actor who is an Oscar nominee/winner owns a distillery as part of a LLC he established about a decade or so ago. The liquor produced by the distillery is not doing well against one of the most established names in that type of liquor which distributes all over the world and to the country next door. Our actor had several of his employees go to work for the well established rival and randomly put poison in the barrels of liquor. They did so and now people are dying. He is hoping the liquor company will have its reputation ruined and he can swoop in.

(California man died at a Dominican Republic resort after drinking from hotel minibar just weeks before three more Americans died at a luxury property on the other side of the island) (More Stories Coming Out of US Tourist Deaths at Dominican Republic Resorts) (Tourist death count at Dominican Republic resorts rises)

www.agcwebpages.com...

Yes it's a gossip site, but CDAN has a history of getting some of these things right..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Personally, I think the OP is mostly right. We've gotten so soft from having everything pristine around us... er... make that, you've gotten so soft from having things pristine around you... Redneck still drinks from a garden hose attached to the well and eats things no one else will.

The human immunological system is awesome... it can protect against anything, if allowed to grow and strengthen. Growing and strengthening requires some discomfort, though, and Americans don't like discomfort. So, America got weak. Got a headache? Take a pill. Cold? Take this concoction. Infection? Antibiotics. Flu? We gots shots fer that!

There's probably a bug running around loose over there in Punta Cana that Americans are just not generally able to handle. It could be on a batch of liquor bottles, on the napkins (do they use napkins? I guess the tourists do), or about anywhere. Since pulmonary edema has been mentioned as a cause of death, I would assume it's likely airborne; just don't breathe the air and you'll be fine. Not much anyone can do about it except be strong enough to withstand it, like the Dominicans apparently are.

I would go there without too much worry... nothing affects me. My immunity is so strong I'm probably immune to asteroid strikes. I would worry a lot if someone else I knew was there, though. Civilization has a price, and this is it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hmmm... some evidence for alcohol, though...

The Journal Sentinel reported over a year ago that Abbey and Austin Connor both blacked out in a resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico in a shallow pool... Abbey drowned. Both were excellent swimmers according to family members and both were drinking.

It doesn't sound like the same kind of thing that is happening in Punta Cana, but it does raise an eyebrow or two...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Could be, but at the same time, this link on Drudge is about a guy who recounts his experiences of falling seriously ill while swimming ... like the two you mentioned. And he claims he's still not right, too.

Within days of arriving on May 17, Martin reportedly became severely sick with stomach pain while swimming in the pool.

“Fire in the bottom of my stomach. Pain, excruciating pain,” Martin told WTVT. “We were down at the pool when it hit, and I had to go up and just lay down and hold my stomach. It was on fire.”

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
i strongly suspect that these people getting sick is from intentional poisioning. the question is who and why. is it some lone nut? a group of people wanting the tourists gone? especially since most of the poisonings seem to be happening at the hotels and seemingly only hitting tourists and not the general native population.

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.cbsnews.com...
I will say this. I lived overseas and we were warned do not drink the water right away. The locals could guzzle it without any incident but it would. make Americans sick as dogs. They did not use much refrigeration over there either and their stomachs could handle it. I remember seeing raw chickens just hanging outside in 80 degrees. The smell was just terrible, but this is what those people grew up on and they could handle it no problem. I almost think they were immune to salmonella.

It makes you wonder in a SHTF type of scenario would those type of people be more apt to survive? Do Americans eat too clean, too pure, too refrigerated, too processed? Are all those things actually making us much much weaker?

the water issue can be very bad. in the Philippines it's not just foreigners that have issues with the water. but people from other areas, people who can drink the water where they are from. seems there are many bugs and bacteria in the water. but you can and do build resistance to it after awhile. but it's not a major issue since there are all sorts of water filtration/purifier businesses everywhere. and at a reasonable price of under $1 for about 20 liters. and they pick up your empty containers and deliver them back full. pretty much everyone keeps buys the water that way. likely why i have never seen a drinking fountain anywhere, just too dangerous, since you can actually get ill enough to die, if you don't just suffer for a week or two, wishing for death.

the lack of refrigeration is a completely different issue, or should i say non-issue. it may not be refrigerated. but it generally is not out of the ice (another huge business here since many people don't even have a refrigerator at home (or a stove for that matter some having a hotplate, but many cooking on cheap coal or wood since electricity is rather expensive, and many homes not being big enough to have such big appliances), long enough to make a difference. normally the stuff they have out is sold rather quickly. and the fact is there may only be a couple hours between slaughter and being sold all total. i have friends that own chicken booths they slaughter the chickens starting at about 5am. they start selling them at about 6. they may sell through well over 150 chickens before 8am (at which point they close). same with pork. it's killed and sold on the same day. and you have to get there early to get a good choice. things that are expected to be there awhile are kept on ice. like fish and seafood kept on ice on display. or chicken and meat stocks kept in cold strange until needed. in fact the only issue is beef. and that is not due to bacteria, but because it has not been aged, again being normally slaughtered and sold the same day. which means it is tough (also doesn't help that a lot of the beef is from cows and bulls too old to work the fields anymore). so for the most part we try to get Australian or American beef. but all other meat, fish, and seafood come from the same wet markets as everyone else's. the very ones that just have the stuff out in the open. and we have never gotten sick from it.

eggs on the other hand are not kept cold at all. in fact a guy at church brings in a van load of eggs with him every Sunday. and they are just left in the truck outside for a few hours while he is in church. since unlike silly countries they don't need to be kept cold (think about it, how do chickens survive if their eggs go bad in the heat?). the main thing is that if you wash the eggs, they must be kept cold because you have removed the protective coating that keeps out bacteria. and once kept cold they have to stay that way because condensation also removes that coating. in fact eggs can last even in over 100f heat for days. it took a bit of getting used to, to see eggs on normal shelves and not in coolers even in major grocery stores.

and the thing is things like salmonella poisoning and food poisoning are very rare. and when it does happen, it tends to make the evening news. unlike in the US and Canada where the last few years there seem to be huge food recalls almost daily due to things like salmonella and other bacteria that cause food poisoning and sickness, in just ab out every type and source of food, from fresh foods, to prepackaged foods. and by the way this includes foreigners not having any issues. it's not the people's stomachs that are the difference. but the difference in food handling in general. it seems all those "advanced" food handling practices in North America, are likely doing more harm than good. of and just so you know. most people don't even have hot water at all. sure some rich people might have a North American style hot water system, or a major restaurant. but other than that the only hot water some people might have is a inline water heater on their shower, if they are well off and decide they want it. that means almost no hand or dishwashing in non cold water. in fact a friend who worked at a beverage mix plant had an American executive come to check them out. and was absolutely horrified that not only did no one have hot water at home, but there was no hot water for hand and equipment washing at the factory. and immediately insisted they get it. including compulsory showers for the staff. which the employees all loved because they could have hot showers on the company dime, without even having to pay for the water. and yet again no one gets sick from this. it has really made me question if the sanitation practices in "advanced countries" are actually causing more harm than good. since everything i was taught had to be done, or you would get sick, seems to be false when it comes to things like food safety.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
organophosphate poisoning...

It’s a pesticide they use to fumigate hotel rooms may be the culprit, according to a poison expert.

link

Pesticide poisoning is the the most rational theory for some of the recent deaths and illnesses.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
We are built for the environment we live in, if that means kraft for dinner or fish and rice. a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
organophosphate poisoning...

It’s a pesticide they use to fumigate hotel rooms may be the culprit, according to a poison expert.

link

Pesticide poisoning is the the most rational theory for some of the recent deaths and illnesses.

Interesting, because they were fumigating the grounds of the resort I ended up staying at. But no sickness or death while I was there.

But we did speak with a lady at the airport, who also happened to be on one of the same excursions with us down there, who got sick.

edit on 25-6-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join