It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA request Assanges extradition

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sorry if it's already posted

www.rt.com...

Hoping it has to do witiQ anon and He is used to lock Hillary up and drain the swamp
(Or bring other pertinent information to the table)

I'm not a republican or Democrat
I'm an American who's soul cries for justice
edit on 11-6-2019 by Kindnessandkisses because: Misspelling

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't think he should be extradited. Putting whistle-blowers in prison is NOT justice.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kindnessandkisses

Assange is about to get weaponized and he'll be lethal.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

lethal to everyone currently in and in the past 20 or so years of govt, he imo is a dead man walking

pneumonia, heart attack, embolism,
has he had adequate check ups while a guest of the embassy?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Trueman

lethal to everyone currently in and in the past 20 or so years of govt, he imo is a dead man walking
pneumonia, heart attack, embolism,
has he had adequate check ups while a guest of the embassy?

So he has nothing to lose, He can go down in a blaze of glory.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sorry, but you don't get to use the whistle blower excuse to leak secret and classified state information.

Also, I don't think he has any "ace up his sleeve" or groundbreaking information saved for a rainy day.

The dead man's switch is a myth.

If he had anything good he would have already released it.

It seems to me they called his bluff and he folded.
edit on 11-6-2019 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

he can indeed
i think we will see if the "dead man switch" threat was real

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Sorry, but you don't get to use the whistle blower excuse to leak secret and classified state information.

I believe you do.

As I recall, the Whistleblower Protection Act protects people if the activity they expose is illegal or against company policy. That's how Fox News won a Florida Supreme Court case of wrongful termination; by claiming that lying to the public is not illegal nor is it against their company policy.

Anyhoo, exposing illegal activity by the government does qualify as whistleblowing, and is therefore protected by the Whistleblower Protection Act. As I remember, the remainder of the 18 charges against Assange consisted mostly of conspiracy, which would be impossible to prove unless they had video. For instance, he's charged with helping Manning crack codes. Who saw them sitting a computer together trying to crack codes? "He said, he said" isn't proof of anything in a court of law.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I don't think he should be extradited. Putting whistle-blowers in prison is NOT justice.

I tend to agree, the guy stand's to be made into a scapegoat and an example to threaten and warn others to keep there mouth's shut much as a gestapo unit dragging random victims in front of a firing squad was used by the NAZI's of WW2.

The intelligence agency's of the world have a long history of silencing reporters and other whistle-blowers or making examples of them, what this will turn Assange into is something called a Political prisoner or prisoner of Conscience.

That said you also have to remember his disclosures probably cost the lives of Agent's from ALL nations whose files he uploaded to the net.
BUT with that said I agree with him that an HONEST world is probably a safer and more peaceful one - if not so lucrative for war mongering corporations.

So on Balance he should neither be extradited NOR should he face any charges at all except and only were it can be proven that he did indeed break laws to which HE was subject as a citizen and as far as I can see that is simply not the case hence the trumped up rape charge.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I'm on the fence over this. If Assange had any part in the gathering of the information then he needs to go to jail, if he was just a receiver and then distribute the info I would say most likely not.

You use the term whistle-blower, so can you give me even one example of a "whistle-blower" level of information he released? The person who actually gathered the information should go to jail for very long time, but that didn't happen. I think people are mixing up what a real whistle-blower would be with people who just illegally released secret and sensitive information that they should not have done.

edit on 12-6-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I believe they did already jail several sources whom provided information to wicki leak's and in doing so they mostly acted lawfully and ethically as it could be argued those people were not simply whistle blowers but in some of the information they disclosed also actually traitors - it is a thin grey line though and if those people such as manning actually believed they were doing what they did to expose criminality on the part of there employer in the public interest then?.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
According to the source, this information is coming from a Wikileaks editor.
Past history suggests that Assange's people have a regular strategy of drumming up public anxiety about what might be about to happen to him, in order to rally popular support pre-emptively.
If they are following that pattern now, the statement is probably premature.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
There is no guarantee Assange will be extradited from the UK. There is a legal process to go through, plus the inevitable appeals et al. Even if he is extradited he'll be in an American court.

Not sure about the US side, but in the UK extradition hearings are public and the arguements are published.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

In USA a bought federal judge . A rigged federal defender, phone fake evidence against.. all evidence for home not used . Family hurt extortion..
It's beyond rigged.. oh and a sealed Court room to frame him
That's how USA federal courts work against whistleblowers.
Personal experience

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kindnessandkisses
In USA a bought federal judge . A rigged federal defender, phone fake evidence against.. all evidence for home not used . Family hurt extortion..
It's beyond rigged.. oh and a sealed Court room to frame him
That's how USA federal courts work against whistleblowers.

Well, I am sure if Assange does end up in a US court he will have an army of lawyers to expose the fact the judge has been "bought" and the evidence is rigged. It will also be in the public domain, will it not?

Part of me wants Assange to be extradited to the US to get all this myth put into the public domain.

edit on 12/6/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Also, I don't think he has any "ace up his sleeve" or groundbreaking information saved for a rainy day.

The dead man's switch is a myth.

If he had anything good he would have already released it.

It seems to me they called his bluff and he folded.

The info has already been released, it just requires a second key to get it unencrypted.

Regardless though, there is already enough dirt attached to the scum floating at the at top that it will take very little for them to sink. The straw that broke the camels back as it were. Wikileaks is an organisation, if anyone thinks it’s all down to one man and it will go away with one man they need their heads checking.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Dbl
edit on 12-6-2019 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Any criminal charges against Assange will, in my opinion, be motivated more by a desire to protect government secrecy than by the desire to impose justice on an Australian citzen.

Government secrecy is what should be on trial here, not freedom of the press.

Does not the First Amendment to the Americian Constitution say “Congress shall make no law… limiting the freedom of the press?

In my opinion, Wikileaks is "the intelligence agency of the people” and Julian Assange is a brave hero and deserves a .

Julian Assange is Australian not American so its not treasonous for him to publish American secrets. By definition treason can only be committed against ones own country.
Surely the American people know they cannot be a traitor to Russia, China, North Korea, Australia, Iran etc by revealing those countries secrets?
The American government consists of the American people does it not and does the American Constitution say the American people rule via the Congress?

Don't citizens of all so called 'free' countries have every right to know what policies and practices their own government follows? Surely it would be insane to claim otherwise?

In my opinion, Wikileaks has been "the intelligence agency of the people” and Julian Assange is a brave hero and deserves a .

I would not be surprised to learn that Julian Assange has died in goal or after being rushed to hospital. I think it would likely be done by “angry inmates” (meaning, agents of the powers that be, in other words, the government.)

As I understand, this happened to Albert DeSalvo, James Earl Ray, and recently Whitey Bulger. Should this eventually prove to be the case, what does it say about the thuggery and cruelty of the American régime?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Some are saying that the UK doesn't help in extradition cases of this nature. They most likely would have for the original charge, but the second you slap the espionage act into the charges, the case can be perceived as political seeing as espionage is supposed to happen between two foreign entities who likely have a different relationship than the country who is to extradite. Many people get asylum under these circumstances.

So one has to as, what was the point of the DOJ adding charges they likely knew would prevent them from getting a hold of him? And I think that's to send a message.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Well, I am sure if Assange does end up in a US court he will have an army of lawyers to expose the fact the judge has been "bought" and the evidence is rigged. It will also be in the public domain, will it not?

By appearances only.

The espionage act is a weaponized archaic and irrelevant act the Obama admin got creative with to circumvent the rights of whistle blowers and journalists.

The worse part is, the defense cannot argue motive or intent, which is one of the biggest factors between a guilty and not guilty. Was your intention to harm the country, if so that can be considered espionage. Was your motive to inform the people and give them the tools they need to make informed decisions with their vote, if so that is considered journalism.

But what I can't understand is why so many will complain about the quality of news these days while celebrating locking up the sources of the rare truths we get.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join