It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ilhan Omar Ignores Request for Tax Returns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: xuenchen

I like Ilhan Omar. I think she's great.

And you like turtles.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

So she's a hypocrite, what's new?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
First I liked to say yummy. Hippopotamus chicharrons or Hippo-Crispies sounds delightful, but sadly you're all talking about hypocrisy. I was hoping for some new African snack food.

Secondly, Good for her. She should get a right to privacy for her tax returns just like everyone else. I know, I know, she has committed fraud, but all that means is that she should be investigated by the IRS. On the other hand, MY, tax returns can be made available to the media so her should too. How about her and her DNC friends and family network go and pass a bill that allows for some kind of tax privacy to exist. Either that or since the DNC is so hung up on tax return openness, she could lead by example and just let everyone see hers. The two faced behavior we keep seeing from the DNC makes me wish Hippo-Crispies were real just so I wound have something else to eat other then popcorn while watching this crap show.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

there is some question as to wether or not he is her brother, because of the Somali collapse in the 90's the records are burned but there is a marriage certificate ( you have to pay for it) the Person Omar is currently married to was her 1st marriage, ( through her muslim faith, no Marrige certificate) even though she has been married 3 times. She did not get a legal divorce from her "suspected" brother until 2017,she claims she had not seen this guy since 2011, the AP did an investigation but Omar was not very forthcoming, Imagine that.

Her claim was that she had not seen her (brother) ex since 2011, however he "may" have been in in photos with her on a trip to london in 2016, The AP contacted him and he denied Knowing Omar well, even though his name is the same and his linkedin account shows evidence he is the person she married (photo's of Minneapolis in 2012) . It's quite murky and Omar will not help to clear it up.

I would link to all this but it's very difficult to do on an Xbox. but it's easy enough to search for.

Hope that helps you on your reseach..
edit on 12-6-2019 by thedigirati because: Clarity, or claritin, I sneeze too much

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

The following is from Snopes. I do not trust Snopes, but his time I can find no obvious holes in their reporting. Everything should be easily verified, and with so many detractors, I would think any verification that contradicted Snopes on this would expose them quite readily. So take that how you wish.

Ilhan Omar immigrated from Somalia in 1991 along with her siblings. She received asylum based on her situation (which I find appropriate given the situation in Somalia at the time) and became a legal resident of the USA, and later a naturalized citizen. In In 2002, she applied for a marriage license with Ahmed Hirsi which was never officially executed. Her claim is that the couple were married according to their Muslim faith. Someone here can likely explain what that entails and why they would not have formally legalized the marriage.

They also separated under Muslim tradition in 2008. In 2009, she married Ahmed Nur Said Elmi from England, legally. That marriage dissolved in 2017. In 2018, she remarried her first husband. The brother in question was supposed to be Elmi, but that doesn't make a lot of sense, nor is Elmi listed anywhere as her brother. Remember that there are immigration and asylum records for her family.

It sounds to me like she simply made some poor decisions concerning her initial marriage to Hirsi, that now are coming back to bite her. That, if true, is not a major issue to me. I have long said that all legal marriages should be treated as civil unions for the sole purpose of taxation benefits, with marriage limited to religious practice. It does, however, seem to lead to a tax issue which must be resolved, and that is a legitimate reason for voters to demand her tax records... moreso since she has been insistent about our sitting President releasing his tax returns with no legitimate reason to do so. Fair is fair.

I initially hit the roof over the brother story. Omar has made some seriously worrisome statements as a Representative, most quite biased toward those of the Jewish faith and citizens of Israel (who is our ally). This is consistent with a general perception that most Muslims are quite biased against Israel, and is not a popular attitude in the US. However, a little study has shown that the rumor about her brother may indeed be false, and if so, my ire is directed toward the person or persons who spread the rumor. I disagree with Ilhan Omar on almost every issue; I do not think she appropriately conducts herself in her position; I have no faith that her decisions will not be a detriment to the country. But I also will not sit by quietly while anyone is attacked without cause, be that person's last name Trump or Omar, or even Cortez. If they need to be voted out, there should, by definition, be plenty of true stories to attack them on. Rumors are not required.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Such is life and we humans are greedy by nature.

There is nothing 'greedy' about not wanting your hard earned money to be stolen by others who think they have some kind of claim on your life.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Too bad those loopholes are only available to the ones who paid for that particular legislation to be passed, a.k.a. the ultra-rich. They pay their legal experts to draft these loophole ridden laws and then pay politicians to pass them.

It's devolved into a "pay to win" system in America and even globally. If you don't have money then you have no chance.

Super rich? Depends on your definition I guess.

I just initiated a tax strategy that will change my 25% tax rate to 5%, and I earn well under $100k/yr. Yes, it will cost me to set it up, probably around $10k, but I'll recoup that in the first 6 months after getting it set up and operational.

It is 100% legal, and most importantly, 100% ethical. It would be even more ethical if I could find a way to legally reduce the rate to 0%.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
I've heard and read this a lot that 'Omar married her brother'. Is that legal in USA, I mean marrying your brother?

Nope.

Now, hear me out before shooting me down.

Is it also right that you can marry your brother under the religion that Omar follows?

Doesn't matter. Even if it was, it would still be illegal.

Besides, this isn't the only problem. The main problem is she possibly filed false tax returns saying she was married to one person when she was legally married to someone else.

I don't have any proof, but her refusal to even discuss it by deflecting, claiming anyone who even brings it up is an anti-muslim bigoted racist is suspect.
edit on 12-6-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Why should any politician ever comply with a request for tax returns ever again?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Typical lefty: rules for thee and rules for me. Her tax returns may indicate money laundering or donations to terrorist groups. In essence the have more importance than Trump's. Fork 'em over.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I wonder if she will still want Trump to show his tax returns? lol

Omar will respond to AP request for tax returns when President Trump responds to the same request. I bet you anything. lol.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
More heat applied on Congresswoman Ilhan Omar for her tax cheating !!

Apparently she is "ignoring" public requests that she release her tax returns !!

The boomerangs are flying and hitting back hard.

Looks like the Associated Press has info that she filed a joint tax return while married to somebody else 💥🤣💥

Benefit of the doubters might say the return in question was "amended" for purposes of "divorce" 💥🤣💥

AP: Ilhan Omar Ignores Request for Tax Returns, but Demanded Trump’s

The Associated Press (AP) has confirmed that Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) filed a joint tax return with one man while being legally married to another — and adds that she has ignored requests to release her tax returns.
Omar has joined Democrats in demanding that President Donald Trump release his tax returns, even claiming — oddly — that he had to do so because it was “required by law”:

Regarding her taxes...."Something happened."

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The ultimate troll would be for Trump to release his taxes and then wait for Omar to do the same. Trump has nothing to hide, right?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Uh oh, is this being used as a justification for your guy doing the same thing right now or in the future? I hope not.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
1. She's a woman
2. She's a Muslim
3. She's a Democrat

You hit the trifecta in the bigotry/phobia category.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scifi2424
1. She's a woman
2. She's a Muslim
3. She's a Democrat

You hit the trifecta in the bigotry/phobia category.

And therefore virtuous, infallible, and beyond reproach? Interesting.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RetsuUnohana

Omar will respond to AP request for tax returns when President Trump responds to the same request. I bet you anything. lol.

lol, I guess you missed that a court had ordered the IRS to turn over Trump's tax returns.

Her turn.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qboneq
She has learnt from the “cheater-in-chief” in the White House, if anyone wonders!

I hear they make a cream for TDS apply directly to chafed ass cheeks.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Uh oh, is this being used as a justification for your guy doing the same thing right now or in the future? I hope not.

No justification needed. Do you need to justify your use of Constitutional rights? Instead it is pointing out hypocrisy. I don't care she won't turn them over, I care she won't and yet is demanding Trump does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join