It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ilhan Omar Ignores Request for Tax Returns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Politicians don't have to show anyone their tax returns.
Trump hasn't, so how's this any different?

Because the people screaming "if you don't show your tax returns then you are a criminal" refuse to show their tax returns.

It just highlights their hypocrisy.

You are assuming they recognize the concept of hypocrisy.

They don't, so they are always "in the right".

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Unless you're directly harming somebody in the process, I'd like to think that everyone including their grandma would take a loophole if they could.

I know I would. Sue me.

Such is life and we humans are greedy by nature.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qboneq
She has learnt from the “cheater-in-chief” in the White House, if anyone wonders!

Nobody is wondering but now that you mention it, cheating is one of the prerequisites to be in the Dem party.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Unless you're directly harming somebody in the process, I'd like to think that everyone including their grandma would take a loophole if they could.

I know I would. Sue me.

Such is life and we humans are greedy by nature.

Funny that what people call "loopholes" are actually you following the tax laws.

Which is bad if you have money, but quite OK if you take your standard deduction.

The people that are upset about that (and are fine with higher taxes) should put their money where their mouth is and just not take the standard deduction.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Qboneq
She has learnt from the “cheater-in-chief” in the White House, if anyone wonders!

Nobody is wondering but now that you mention it, cheating is one of the prerequisites to be in the Dem party.

I'd disagree to some extent, I think cheating is a prerequisite to most political/higher capitalist circles. The more apt comment would be that the "blatant' and more "hypocritical" level is reserved for the democrats.

It's nuance and separating crooks from dirty crooks might be a start to getting them all their deserved place on the gallows.
edit on 11-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Because the people screaming "if you don't show your tax returns then you are a criminal" refuse to show their tax returns.

I would disagree with you here.

They are quite aware of what hypocrisy is.

They have no problem with lying, morality is relative and the ends justify the means.

To them hypocrisy is a super power.

It allows them to get away with things that they otherwise could not do in a polite society.

edit on 11-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I would disagree with you here.

They are quite aware of what hypocrisy is.

They have no problem with lying, morality is relative and the ends justify the means.

To them hypocrisy is a super power.

It allows them to get away with things that they otherwise could not do in a civilized polite society.

I don't know, I've run into a lot of stupid people that seem to harbor the "intelligence" required for their deception.

Often times, at the end of the day, I realize I've misplaced my interpretation to be nothing more than general stupidity and their lack of intelligence.

That's the beauty of it, it seems cold and calculated, but often times it just boils down to mental inferiority(like it should). Atleast that's what I choose to attribute to the bulk of those looking out for self enrichment.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Probably because she has some "donations" she doesn't want made public. That's usually why politicians refuse to release their tax returns. If you claim to represent the people on a public platform then your financials should be public as well, no exceptions. Transparency should be at the forefront when it comes to running for public office.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Probably because she has some "donations" she doesn't want made public. That's usually why politicians refuse to release their tax returns. If you claim to represent the people on a public platform then your financials should be public as well, no exceptions. Transparency should be at the forefront when it comes to running for public office.

I actually agree, within reason. 10 or 20 years ago it's less important, but given all the offshore money that flows into us politics it's worth a look, especially for a candidate like Omar that is more likely to receive contributions from "dark" entities(middle eastern money).

It would be nice if candidates took NO outside the US money for their US bid for office.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Too bad those loopholes are only available to the ones who paid for that particular legislation to be passed, a.k.a. the ultra-rich. They pay their legal experts to draft these loophole ridden laws and then pay politicians to pass them.

It's devolved into a "pay to win" system in America and even globally. If you don't have money then you have no chance.
edit on 6/11/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Also, after Ill Omar married her brother, he kept filing as "Single", and she filed "Married Jointly".

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I like Ilhan Omar. I think she's great.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I think the quote is " never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance " or something.

Omar just wants to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight, or not.

I think she is a Japanese brother lover. maybe I watch to much animé, or not enough.

Queens blade anyone?

At least Talib wants to pay me for being Otaku!!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

You literally post the same thing in AOC threads(just names interchanged).

You need to up your troll game, it's poor.

Even entrenched dems don't even go that far. Unless you are going far left of the far left. Which is possible. But I think you might have a hard time finding some commies in the US to help you dig your mass graves.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Color no one surprised

It's pretty much your MO on ATS

You are welcome to explain why but I doubt you will

It wouldn't be trollish enough. Plus, you might have to defend it.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I wonder if she will still want Trump to show his tax returns? lol

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Of course she will and her defense for not showing hers will be "I'm not the president"

That has been the standard Dem reply since 2016

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Like AOC, she's ignorant and lacks the "tact" of entrenched politicians.

She walks through the door and thinks she can openly play the game like those that have been in it for 30+ years without having to have acquired the subtly or skills required to rip off the taxpayers.

Ironically, it insults even the lifelong crooks in politics, her brazen disregard for the "game".

The main problem is her handlers cant vet every word and every communicae or “thought” she has that she expresses. Compounded by her background and reality is a horrible ly difficukt reality to handle, and she was the best option out of wickedly bad selection pool

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I stuttered again.

Well, you've only been here like 4 years, so like any newbie you just keep hitting that post button even though it's within the 25 to 35 hourly window of delay.

We don't, openly, blame you for being an idiot.....

We just do it behind your back......

ATS drunken rule number 3
If it's :25 to :35, clickit and go out for a piss or grab another beer(pour another glass of bourbon). It will work itself out in the end(like humanity).

But on a mobile you'll find that 20 mins later when nothing happened that you in fact didn't actually hit the send button... Caught me on my tablet once and the next time I thought agha you won't fool me this time, I hiccupped 4 times and gave my brain a hernia.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Also, after Ill Omar married her brother, he kept filing as "Single", and she filed "Married Jointly".

I've heard and read this a lot that 'Omar married her brother'. Is that legal in USA, I mean marrying your brother?

Now, hear me out before shooting me down.

Is it also right that you can marry your brother under the religion that Omar follows?

Is there a marriage certificate to prove this? If so post it. Give me some ammunition or proof. At this point I haven't seen it. If this is fair dinkum then surely she would've been outed as a fake years ago.

My thoughts,

bally - I don't like Omar, watched her on video but if you want to sink her then lay your cards down. Put it out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join