It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Locked The Border Fence Gate Open

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Watch Video

streamable.com...

Seems stupid to me, I guess border patrol can station a vehicle there.
At least close it at night.

Thoughts ?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Looks like a set-up for a CNN exclusive !!!!!!

Watch for a story any day 🤣🚬🤣

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Here's a link:

www.ibwc.gov...

It's stated that a private organization, We Build the Wall, built a gate on federal land in Sunland Park NM near El Paso, Texas without authority and then locked the gate closed on June 6, 2019.

Snip

US International border and water Commission (USIBWC)

Further more, paraphrase:

The USIBWC removed the lock and opened the gate so USIBWC employees can conduct maintenance and operations at American Dam. They didn't authorize the construction of the private gate on federal property.

Sounds like this will be along drawn out court battle. It appears strange that a construction project of that magnitude would be done without proper permission and permits. It also didn't happen overnight so a little foul play may be at hand here.

edit on 11-6-2019 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Something doesn't pass the smell test here. This is a US government agency, and they require unfettered access to Mexican lands? Does Mexico know a foreign government agency is operating on Mexican soil? Are we invading Mexico?

Can't watch the video right now, but maybe it'll clear it up... or someone can tell me why the above is incorrect.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Apparently the border post is a historical national monument that tourists need unfettered access to.....and it offends the Mexicans that are coming to see it too.

Like that is the reason they are coming to that spot, get real.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The American Diversion Dam (or simply the American Dam) is a diversion dam on the Rio Grande in El Paso, Texas. It is about 140 feet (43 m) north of the point where the west bank of the river enters Mexico, 3.5 miles (5.6 km) from the business center.

The dam is operated by the International Boundary and Water Commission. It started operation in 1938

en.wikipedia.org...

I think they are saying the wall stopped access to the dam area by the IBWC.

edit:

"about 140 feet (43 m) north of the point where the west bank of the river enters Mexico"

So the land past the fence is still in the USA.
edit on 6/11/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The gate is now closed. Agreement has been reached.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
The gate is now closed. Agreement has been reached.

That's good. Seemed like an easy issue to resolved.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Whoever made that video is another dramaticized social media justice warrior tard looking for something to get recognition, views, and to stir the pot.

The ignorance level is astounding. Like they couldn't keep a simple night patrol at that one little opening? The Mexican invaders are gonna streamline right through this here gate! Please, miss me with the internet soap opera material.

I'll bet 72 or sum of them gang members and drug smugglers with backpacks full of fentanyl got through. Smh.. we need militia there since border patrol is overwhelmed.
edit on 6/12/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The American Diversion Dam (or simply the American Dam) is a diversion dam on the Rio Grande in El Paso, Texas. It is about 140 feet (43 m) north of the point where the west bank of the river enters Mexico, 3.5 miles (5.6 km) from the business center.

The dam is operated by the International Boundary and Water Commission. It started operation in 1938

en.wikipedia.org...

I think they are saying the wall stopped access to the dam area by the IBWC.

edit:

"about 140 feet (43 m) north of the point where the west bank of the river enters Mexico"

So the land past the fence is still in the USA.

How could the wall stop access to anything...especially the Feds considering Democrats say walls don't work.

Makes you think doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

My understanding was that the fence was on the border (or within a few feet for construction purposes). Perhaps I was wrong, but it seems to me that with the current border situation, anyone in the US government, in any department, would be concerned with helping an overwhelmed CBP as much as they reasonably can.

Anyway, I think the issue is resolved. Good. Thanks for the research.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

join