It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: China Fires Back at U.S. Rights Criticisms

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Richard price, this is exactly a case of the kettle caling the pot balck, and it's been getting a lot blacker since the butcherous neocons took over. Nicaragua was a pretty black time for our country even though most people don't know about it, and there in lies the success of our Republican leaders--the ability to control the media. But Nicragua pales in comparison to what's happening today.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I have been to China.

Cool, you're right. China and Every country in the world is Messed up in the head. That's a great arguement for a world wide revolution and if the people won't join in then lets just have anarchy.

It's stupid to argue who is worse. Read this thread, it's all interconnected. NO conspiracy, just human nature. We are an evil people.

The Fractal Nature of Human Culture's Disease

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
"China" and "human rights"? Sorry that does not compute.

China Human Rights Fact Sheet
March 1995

Human rights violations in the People's Republic of China (PRC) remain systematic and widespread. The Chinese government continues to suppress dissenting opinions and maintains political control over the legal system, resulting in an arbitrary and sometimes abusive judicial regime. The lack of accountability of the government and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) means that abuses by officials often go unchecked. This fact sheet identifies the most common types of abuses, including arbitrary detention, torture and ill-treatment of prisoners, severe restrictions on freedom of expression and association and violations specific to women.

Controls on Expressions and Associations
Torture and Ill-Treatment of Prisoners
Lackof Judicial Independance and Due Process
Death Penalty
Tibet
Women
Resource List

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
It was great to hear on the news 3 days ago that China would be unleashing a scathing report against the U.S.'s human rights abuse.

I can't wait until the day people will look at china and say, we were wrong.

China has 55 ethnic minorities. They can have as many babies as they want. And before 1949 many of them were only oral language cultures. China helped the devise a written system of their local languages. How much has the USA helped the minorities since our revolution 1776...that's what I thought. I learned about true freedom when I came to China.

In america we are told we have the most. That's not true. Every country has different freedoms. The freedoms in China are great and I like it better than the freedoms in America. Shoot I can drink a beer in a car in China as long as I'm not driving. I can smoke anywhere I please as long as it's not rude. And this is just the stupid things. I protest in China too. I have free speech against anyone I don't agree with. What you think I'm wrong...well you are wrong.

There are some Hypocritcal Arrogant Americans and I hope you aren't one.

do you live in china???

the way you describe it, hell i want to move there...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

LIES

It's ok that you are ignorant to the true facts of this country. It's ok. You suffer from Forum Transmitted Disease as well PMS Propaganda Machine Syndrome....it's ok it'll all be over soon for you

Really?..... humm, i have done some research into this and posted evidence that back up what I have said in the past. Let's see what human right groups and even the Chinese themselves say.

First about drug trafficking. What happens to drug traffickers.

By LAN XINZHEN

When drug lord Tan Minglin was sentenced to death in Kunming, capital of southwestern Yunnan Province, on May 10, 2004, China’s largest drug smuggling group was smashed. Tan was found guilty of “trafficking, selling and transporting of drugs” as well as “trading in instruments of drug production.” His personal property was confiscated.

Excerpted from.
www.bjreview.com.cn...(A).htm

Death sentence is passed against a woman who was immediately executed with three other people on drugs charges.

"What evidence do you have that you didn’t commit the murder?"
A high court judge in Heilongjiang Province before passing a death sentence despite inadequate evidence. Beijing Youth Daily, 28 April 2002.

Excerpted from.
web.amnesty.org...

About human organs harvesting in China.

As you know, reports of Chinese authorities removing organs from executed prisoners in China, without the consent of the prisoners or their families, are not new. The Hong Kong and London press carried the numerous reports as early as the mid-1980s, when the introduction of the drug Cyclosoporine-A made transplants a newly viable option for patients.

Excerpted from.
www.state.gov...

Now, evidence about human organ harvesting from a site that is not from the government of the US.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- China has denied allegations of harvesting and selling the body parts of executed prisoners, sometimes before the donors were clinically dead.

The allegations were made by a Chinese doctor, Wang Guoqi, during testimony to U.S. lawmakers Wednesday, where he described coordinated procedures between surgeons and Chinese government officials to extract convicts' organs immediately after executions.

Wang, who is seeking political asylum in the U.S., said he worked at execution grounds, helping surgeons operate in ambulances to harvest the organs of executed prisoners, without prior consent.

Excerpted from.
www.buyhard.fsnet.co.uk...

“A Bullet to the Back of the Head”

According to a news release from the Subcommittee on International Operations and Human Rights of the US House of Representatives’ Committee on International Relations, as many as 90% of the transplants performed in China utilize organs harvested from prisoners executed by a bullet to the back of the head. Amnesty International reports that some of these prisoners are executed for crimes no more serious than pro-democracy activism or tax evasion.

Excerpted from.
www.ikidney.com...

---edited for errors---

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

it's ok it'll all be over soon for you

It will be all over for me soon?.......
is that a threat chimp?.........

BTW, you have said it yourself that you are American living in China.... Are you going to come to the states and do something to me?...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

It will be all over for me soon?.......
is that a threat chimp?.........

BTW, you have said it yourself that you are American living in China.... Are you going to come down here and do something to me?...

yes...be careful. just because I left america doesn't mean my army did...careful....eggshells!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

yes...be careful. just because I left america doesn't mean my army did...careful....eggshells!

So avoiding trying to explain what you said before?...

Do tell us our "supposedly well informed friend"....what did you mean by "i'll be over for you soon".....

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Let me see....humm Oops, you have said that you are a born and raised American, that you left the US because of your political beliefs and probably because of your political affiliations. That you left with, what was it you said... $400-$600 dollars, and couldn't say how you make your living over there....

You also made a comment directly towards me saying "it will be over for me soon"....

Humm....if anyone is working for a government i would say all the evidence points at you working for the Chinese... i could be wrong thou...anyways....what did you mean... Or are you scared of letting us know what you know?....

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Actually I would like an explanation of this comment. Is this a threat?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well, either he really works for the Chinese government or he is totally deluded...

But yes, i would like an explanation of his comment towards me...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is not good, not good at all, see people US is in the eyes of the entire world a model of what a free democracy is all about, our laws have been good to us for hundred of years, we still have the same constitution that this country was founded.

But guess what, the scandal of the prisoners is going to hunts us forever, now every time the US as the leader of the free world will come out and tried to enforce freedom and tell other nations how to behave, sadly, the scandals of this administration in Iraq and Guantanamo will be thrown on our face.

I am upset as an American that we are losing respect as a nation for the mistake of one administration.

We are still the greatest nation in the world, its just that we have some leaders that made the wrong choices.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I was talking about the FTD and PMS being over soon...

thats...

Forum Transmitted Disease

and...

Propaganda Machine Syndrome

Soon the truth will be known to all Americans!!

EDIT: Just a joke...Humour is my political weapon of choice...Sorry for confusion.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by 00PS]

p.s. I have bananna bombs

[edit on 3-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That's not what you said. You directly said it will be over for me soon.....and i quote from your post...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Look, before I answer specific posts, my origional post was about the 'pot calling the kettle black' in the story. This is the Chinese saying to the US 'you arent so white and clean yourself', NOT ME. Yes, the US has issues to resolve, but I never intended to say that the US is as bad as China.

So stop calling me on it, k?

Originally posted by FredT
Even in thier quest for the Olympics, they are using force to move people out of homes to build venues.

I like the way you mention this, when in fact Compulsory Purchase Orders are used in the US, UK and many other western countries, indeed theres a battle going on at the moment in the US because the government wants to evict a number of people so they can sell the land to .... a private business. They didnt just move these people out of their homes, they offered to buy them, and many accepted. The rest were given payment and told to leave - some of which havent.

See here news.bbc.co.uk... - the amount this man is being offered is the Compulsory Purchase Price - well below what everyone was offered by the redevelopers. This happens in all western countries - if the land is needed for redevelopment then you can be taken to court and be made to accept a compulsory purchase price, which is often a lot lower than what you would have been offered origionally by the developers.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Soon the truth will be known to all Americans!!

You mean the truth as set forth by Communists?....

Now, that would be truly believing lies...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
much less hint at any democratic ideology...[edit on 3-3-2005 by Muaddib]

LIES

It's ok that you are ignorant to the true facts of this country. It's ok. You suffer from Forum Transmitted Disease as well PMS Propaganda Machine Syndrome....it's ok it'll all be over soon for you

Hmm...well this forum topic is about information coming out 'revealing the truth of the USA' which will totally contradict everything your country says about itself. The propaganda machine isn't going to know what to do, it's going to choke ohhhhhhhhh noooooooo here it comes, some information coming in from there, and some from over there and here and there and suddenly the Popaganda machine can't turn the wheel, oh my god Mary cant burn no more.....What is going on...it's the end of PMS and FMT it's a Paradigmn Shift!!!!!

Hey, take it easy man
I am humourous!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
aaaaaaaand the Americans have the moral authourity to publish a report criticising Chinas human rights record why?

- 44 million Americans live without access to healthcare
- About 15 million children -- one out of every four -- live below the official poverty line.
- Everyday 2,660 children are born into poverty; 27 die because of it.
- Children and families are the fastest growing group in the homeless population, representing 40%.
- Among the 21 most affluent nations, the United States has the highest percentage of poor children.
- While your children die your Government spends $417.4 BILLION on its military in 2003 alone. That makes me physically ill

- 2,030,000 Americans in prison currently (Compared to Chinas 1.51 million) accounting for 22% of the Worlds prison population
- United States is the Worlds number 1 when it comes to private gun ownership where 60% of homocides are gun related.
- Between 16/18,000 civilians killed in Iraq by American Soldiers
- 3,800 Afghan civilians killed between 7 October and 7 December 2001

How many countries did China invade in the last 2 years?

Shine O ye beacon of human rights and the righteous country of the free

How any of you can defend your countries human rights record as "not that bad" are deluded. You should be ashamed, VERY ashamed.

more facts to ponder
Child Poverty Sources
American Military Budget figure
Sources Prison Population
Iraq body count
BBC News: Afghan Death Toll

[edit on 3/3/05 by subz]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
aaaaaaaand the Americans have the moral authourity to publish a report criticising Chinas human rights record why?

Plenty of moral ground to publish a report (a book is more like it)about China's abuses:

Cover-up of Child Labor Deaths in Hebei
(News Broke despits attempt by the government to supress)

Human Rights in China (HRIC) has been informed by a source in China of a cover-up in the workplace deaths of five child and juvenile workers.

According to sources in China, a man named Wang Wei, the owner of a private company in Luancheng County, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province, illegally employed a number of child laborers. Due to substandard conditions in the factory dormitory, five girls were found unconscious from inhaling charcoal fumes at the end of last year. Sources say that without checking if the girls were actually dead, Wang put them into coffins for cremation, with the result that two of the girls who were apparently still alive died of asphyxiation.
Death Cover Up

One of but many. China's human rights record reads like used toilet paper. You can spout all the statistics about how evil the US is, but you cannot hide the fact of the millions summarily executed under the pedofile Moa, nor can you erase the massacres at Tienniman nor in Tibet.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Who's denying Chinas human rights abuses? Im not

Its odd that Americans get all defensive when some one shows facts that America commits human rights abuses but are totally fine with highlighting other countries abuses.

Im hightlighting the USA's vast human rights abuses with the same aim as the report critical of China.

Both countries are repeat, prolific human rights abusers. If that sits uncomfortably with you then thats not my fault. Maybe you should try fixing your own country before whinging about a country thats doing the same thing

[edit on 3/3/05 by subz]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join