It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: China Fires Back at U.S. Rights Criticisms

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
China leveled some criticism of its own against the United States following its release of a report issued about the formers human rights record. The report issued once a year in response to the U.S. State Department's global human rights survey was sharply critical of human rights in China. The Chinese report accused the U.S. of killing thousands of civilians, and accused U.S. troops of committing atrocities. The report also mention a Chinese national who was pepper sprayed by a border officer. The officer in question had been charged with battery.

story.news.yahoo.com
BEIJING - China fired back Thursday at U.S. criticism of its human rights record, issuing a report that denounced the United States for offenses ranging from allowing crime and poverty at home to abuses at the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq.

The report — issued annually in response to the U.S. State Department's global human rights survey — accused the American military of committing "wanton slaughters," killing thousands of foreign civilians and torturing detainees.

"The atrocity of U.S. troops abusing Iraqi POWs exposed the infringement of human rights of foreign nationals by the United States," said the report released by the press office of China's Cabinet.

The State Department survey released Monday accused China's communist government of persecuting dissidents and religious activists and said prison inmates were tortured and mistreated.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. While the scandal at Abu Ghraib has no doubt been a black eye for the U.S., China's human rights record is something a Pol Pot or Stalin would be proud of. From prison slave labor to the brutal; repression in Tibet, hand down China seems to have cornered the market on Human Rights violations.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I dont think this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, I think its a case of 'you aint so white and clean yourself' and they have a perfectly valid point.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It was great to hear on the news 3 days ago that China would be unleashing a scathing report against the U.S.'s human rights abuse.

I can't wait until the day people will look at china and say, we were wrong.

China has 55 ethnic minorities. They can have as many babies as they want. And before 1949 many of them were only oral language cultures. China helped the devise a written system of their local languages. How much has the USA helped the minorities since our revolution 1776...that's what I thought. I learned about true freedom when I came to China.

In america we are told we have the most. That's not true. Every country has different freedoms. The freedoms in China are great and I like it better than the freedoms in America. Shoot I can drink a beer in a car in China as long as I'm not driving. I can smoke anywhere I please as long as it's not rude. And this is just the stupid things. I protest in China too. I have free speech against anyone I don't agree with. What you think I'm wrong...well you are wrong.

There are some Hypocritcal Arrogant Americans and I hope you aren't one.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You may have a slight point there RichardPrice, but please, please present where the US does this, ok?
This goes for you, too, OOPS.

*WARNING: Brutal and graphic*
Torture Methods

seekerof

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice
I dont think this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, I think its a case of 'you aint so white and clean yourself' and they have a perfectly valid point.

Hmmmm, yes, the Abu Ghraib incident is appalling, and I have spoken out about the lack of charges and the detention of Gitmo combatants. However, its really small time compared to the millions of deaths that can be layed at the feet of the brutal Communist leadership in China. Even in thier quest for the Olympics, they are using force to move people out of homes to build venues. While the actions of a few soilders ina prison are not right, its hardly a concerted government tactic as used by the Chinese to keep the Communist party in power eh?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
From prison slave labor to the brutal; repression in Tibet, hand down China seems to have cornered the market on Human Rights violations.

Hardy Har Har Frederick T Douglas...what the heck is that bull donkey poo poo doing on this site. Don't you know I'll get taken to jain and killed for reading those words

ROFL HAHAHAHA

Those words make Americans feel better? Don't you really know what's going on. I forgot I did my freshman year project in 1998 on the Propaganda Machine...Big wheel a keep on turning Proud Mary keep on burning...Burning the truth and turning the lies...

FredT if you come to China you can stay with me. We can go walk around and I'll show the nice prisons...Really comfy. We can go nap in the synagogue or sing in the church. We can go visit the office for family planning (you can get free condoms!! -- what the one child policy turned into..LATEX) You really just don't know so it's ok..Come out here, we'll kick it!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
America's "SOA, frequently dubbed the "School of Assassins," has left a trail of blood and suffering in every country where its graduates have returned."

School of the Americas

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I can see you are on point soficrow...please see the mumia posting I made and also admit the tanks crying is a scam.

The SOA is so awful I wan't to take a baseball bat and beat any member of the armed services (edit
who attended the SOA of any country until their eyebals sqeeze out of their rectal cavity.

The SOA is so bad. I wish Che were still alive. Man I gotta take a break from this...

Fredrick T. Douglas, don't believe America is the best, we suck a lot too. If you have to believe it you will be a FTD that's a Forum Transmited Disease

[edit on 3-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Again, soficrow, please, please provide "a" source showing or detailing or indicating that the US does anything remotely what is reported in the above link that I gave in my initial post. Got any sourcing from SOA Watch that indicate what I have asked?

seekerof

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Can you clarify? What information do you want examples of? I can give examples of many things...please be specific and I'll give it to you speedily as to pick this apart piece by piece like when I pull nose hairs out of my nose...

notice humor is my political weapon of choice...Smile

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Didn't the US get booted off the UN human rights commission not too long ago? Not that the UN has any credibility, but frankly, neither do we.

oops
China isn't all roses, but in general it isn't a bad place to live. Just don't get too political. The people are very friendly, much more open to outsiders than other Asian countries.

Sofi
It's scary stuff isn't it? The mercs are doing the dirty work because they're getting paid 3k a day. Hell, I might even pull a few fingernails for that kind of money. (Not really, but I'm sure you see what I'm getting at.)

FredT
China has not cornered the market. There are several other countries who could teach China a thing or two about abusing citizens. Rwanda comes to mind, DPRK, Cambodia, (you mentioned Stalin - he was much worse in terms of manpower devoted to quelling dissent if not the methods used), Nicaragua has so many skeletons in their closet it's not even funny, same with Iran during the Shah, Iraq under Hussein, Columbia currently, Israel when they used Lebanon as a training ground for Mistravim. If there is a market for human rights abuse, there are practically inumberable vendors. It all started a long time ago, when the first monkey picked up a stick to beat his neighbor and steal his girl...

It's just what we do. We're reptillian monkeys.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Sorry seekerof - don't have a lot of time. Here are 3 more links showing the USA's cavalier attitude to human rights abuses.

US Human Rights Network

Summary of Human Rights Record of the US in 2002

Human Rights in the U.S.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

as posted by WyrdeOne
Didn't the US get booted off the UN human rights commission not too long ago? Not that the UN has any credibility, but frankly, neither do we.

Old news...2001.

According to this (as linked below), that is not the case anymore?
The United Nations Commission on Human Rights, composed of 53 States
US Delegation to the 60th Commission on Human Rights

seekerof

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, soficrow, after reading your links and comparing what is described and detailed as humanrights abuses and then comparing them to the link I provided, seems to be that China is not only violating Human Rights but is and are committing crimes against humanity? I guess severity of actions, is of no consequence or matter, huh? A sin is a sin, no matter the severity or degree of the violation?

Might want to hit that one link I provided again and see which of the human rights violations you prefer and from which country.

China? Hmph!

seekerof

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yep...the Chinese better don't get political in China...much less hint at any democratic ideology...or those Chinese people might find themselves be sent to prison, which means being shot and harvested to sell organs to rich people....

Their prisons are clean huh?....perhaps it is because the prisons are rarely used.....they shoot people in the head right after the sentence of those who are found guilty, and then they charge the family of the person shot for using a bullet....

Or what about the house arrest of people who have been whistleblowers of some of the things the Chinese government has done... or because they are pro-democratic... Well house arrests have been done to really old people, but being democratic sends you to their prisons, and if found guilty of being pro-democratic... executed....

Ahhh, the freedoms the Chinese people have.... who cannot envy them....

Oh hey, people in here protest for what the US does to people who use drugs....you want to find out what happens to drug dealers and those who use illegal drugs in China?.....Well, if found gulty of course... Yep...the freedoms these people have...

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

see which of the human rights violations you prefer and from which country.

f

Surely you jest?!

It's ALL bad. ...I feel like I'm back in play school with my kid.

"He started it!"

"But he did THAT, and it's way worse!"

"I only did it cuz he did it first."

"Look what he's doing!"

"I only did this, but he did THAT!"

...Good thing we have adults running the country.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The Yahoo story is a little short on details of the report.

Xinhua has a much better article:

xinhuanet

American citizens are threatened by rampant violent crimes and severe infringement of civil rights by law enforcement departments. "Violent crimes pose a serious threat to people's lives," said therecord.

The record quoted the Department of Justice of the United States on Nov. 29, 2004 as saying that in 2003 residents aged 12 and above in the United States came across about 24 million cases of crimes, including 1.38 million violent crimes like murders and robberies, averaging 475 cases per 100,000 people.

"Police violence and infringement of human rights by law enforcement agencies also constitute a serious problem," the record said.

Chinese citizen Zhao Yan was handcuffed and severely beaten onJul. 21, 2004 while she was in the United States on a normal business trip. She suffered injuries in many parts of her body and serious mental harm, according to the record.

Boasted as "a paragon of democracy," the United States' democracy is actually manipulated by the rich and malpractice, said the record.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
much less hint at any democratic ideology...[edit on 3-3-2005 by Muaddib]

LIES

It's ok that you are ignorant to the true facts of this country. It's ok. You suffer from Forum Transmitted Disease as well PMS Propaganda Machine Syndrome....it's ok it'll all be over soon for you

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
FredT if you come to China you can stay with me. We can go walk around and I'll show the nice prisons...Really comfy. We can go nap in the synagogue or sing in the church.

I have been to China. No doubt we would see the highlights that China has to offer and there are many. However, that does not hide the fact that Chinas record on rights is appaling. No doubt the world will see a clearn friendly vibrant China for the Olympic games in 2008, but scratch the surface and it seems to be a whole different story:

For a sample:
www.hrw.org...

Also note, we have a few ex pat Chinese citzens on the medical staff and the conditions and treatment of dissidents told first hand is appaling.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

That was a political move to by other countires. They gave the chair to a Lybian representative for christ sake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join