It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart delivers angry speech to congress for lack of attendance to 9/11 first responders bill.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So Jon Stewart goes to speak about the bill for funding to the health costs of the first responders on 9/11. Behind him is a filled room of vets from that day, and he speaks to a empty chair laden congress. It's not his most articulate or composed speaking appearance, but I think that speaks volume.

I can't believe that the nation, and our leaders are mute on this subject. I think it's beyond sad and disheartening that we have one of our satirists filling in the place of much of the "media" and our leaders. It's so utterly disgusting that I have a hard time not being more colorful in my opinion on it... So I'll leave OP to that and let you all make your minds up for yourself.

Edit the bill, link courtousy of waftist
edit on 11-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
just watched this..WOW
good job jon

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Who?
Oh that guy that used to do that funny show?
Seems congress is busy investigating the president for something the special council investigation recommended no charges for.
Congress time is valuable.
You think those first responders will help them get re elected?

edit on 11/6/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
just watched this..WOW
good job jon

I don't know the structure of the bill, maybe it's flawed. But our representatives better show up and explain what needs to happen to find the solution if this bill isn't it.

I don't care if you vote no so long as you propose something that can work.

Absence is a slap in the face to those who sacrificed their health for our citizens.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Who?
Oh that guy that used to do that funny show?

That's the sad part, isn't it?

Any outlet or pundit could have been a voice. But they aren't, Jon is.

Edit: to be fair I'm sure many will run this, but I doubt for long.
edit on 11-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Thank you Jon Stewart. It's always great to have a loud voice on your side. What a damn shame for congress to be absent in such a way.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Good for Jon standing up for these first responders. Congress is a joke. They point fingers at each other while Americans suffer. Congress is supposed to represent the people, but now it's just a stage for partisan hate and childish grandstanding.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

What is sad is that NONE of the congressional group from ny care.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

What is sad is that NONE of the congressional group from ny care.

No arguement here. Once again, constituents prove to be last priority.

Those first responders should have donated more and attended the $10,000 plate dinners. /s

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Seems congress is busy investigating the president for something the special council investigation recommended no charges for.

Exactly. And, they didn't bat an eye giving $40,000,000 toward a phony Witch Hunt...and in record time. And now Congress wants to re-litigate the witch hunt.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The fact that there was barely anybody there in Congress to hear what he had to say speaks volumes...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

The fact that there was barely anybody there in Congress to hear what he had to say speaks volumes...

When I get some time tomorrow, I'm going to find out who was absent and call each of offices and speak my mind. I encourage everyone else to do the same. I'll try to compile a list and get with a mod and see if I can post numbers.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Great job. No excuse.

Hopefully it goes viral and forces someone to act to save face.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

To be fair, Congress is practically empty 90 percent of the time. That's the way it runs. it's not crazy considering the insane amount of legislation they have to be involved with. They just don't have time to sit and listen to everybody who wants to speak. They'll get a briefing on it.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

They just don't have time to sit and listen to everybody who wants to speak.

True. Between the morning capitol gym workouts, meetings with donors, 3-martini lunches with kiss-ups, a quick power nap, and bullspitting with the media whores, who has time to listen to First Responders ask for a little help with their 911-associated health issues.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Just seen this. My question is, which committee is being addressed here, and who are the absent members of this committee? It may be possible that this specific committee does not even have NY reps sitting.

I'm going through tweet this to AOC, although I doubt she will respond to it. Most of the politicians only send out statements to the public, and only reply to other politicians. I'm going to tweet it to Trump as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

To be fair, Congress is practically empty 90 percent of the time. That's the way it runs. it's not crazy considering the insane amount of legislation they have to be involved with. They just don't have time to sit and listen to everybody who wants to speak. They'll get a briefing on it.

So what have they done this year or around this time that is more important than this issue? Voted on funding for studying ant testicles?

The bottom line is that this isn't a priority and the FDNY/Police simply aren't a big enough lobbying group for them to care...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

That would be fair if this was 90% of any other issue.

6~ trillion spent in the Middle East as a response to 9/11. Yet they'll drag their feet on people trying to survive from it now.

That should tell us everything we need to know about the agendas. It has absolutely nothing to do with our saftey or well being.

How many multi million dollar bombs have we dropped on nothing just to show our might? Yet we can't get congress to at least take the financial concern from the suffering of those still effected.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
"Callous indifference and rank hypocrisy" @4.56

nothing more to say than that about ANY politician, I wish the UK had a similar forum for its citizens to take these imbeciles to task

I saw a simialr response to the Manchester bombing and how the emergency services were making there way to the incident without a thought for themselves or their loved ones, they were just doing a job, A job which the government can never do without yet ALL governments take them for granted, police, fire, paramedics should ALL be paid more and supported from work related injuries/illnesses, as to each one of them this is a vocation not a job, they will place themselves in the firing line to protect you and your family each and every day.

Love, thoughts and hope that they get the justice they EARNED

edit on 11-6-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: timestamp

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So how do you distinguish the 911 diseases from the one they get from running into burning building during their 20 year careers?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join