It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are against the border wall and for illegal immigration you are supporting slavery. How the

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyFox

I sat on a Federal Grand jury that dealt with Central American women that were the victims of human traffickers. What you say is true. Some of the women were forced to be sex workers in order to pay off their debt. The ones that refused were made to do work that paid so little that they could never repay the debt in addition to what they were being charged for room and board.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The government as usual is a part of the problem, currently there are plenty of laws on the books to make it clear that they are at least trying to curtail the problem. If our resources were not being used frivolously we might be able to supply the manpower to enforce them. Perhaps if we did not waste taxpayer $$$$ on a non-crime that was not even a factor and then more in regards to obstruction of the same non-crime we would have $$$$ to curtail this epidemic.

Perhaps if we were to remove payment to our legislators who are wasting our tax dollars until they do the job they were paid (way to much) to do the issue instead of wasting time and $$$$ on what some might actually consider an act of war (yes falsely accusing another government can be perceived as an act of war) it might be resolved as well. We are not at war with Russia at this time but my god they are still pushing it (Surrounded by Nato) even though they folded and are no longer the big bad communists we were programmed to fear.

Common sense get in my way of what speaking against the myth that the civil war ended slavery when in fact it is still rampant in our country? How mind boggling? The big picture is that currently we are divided more than ever, we have a Senator from Mexico threatening us with war, big business oppression of the working class, taxation without representation, fake hate crimes that go unpunished for political connections, a President who unthinkably wants to fulfill his campaign promises who has had his hands tied by those that want to keep reality dormant. It's called the American Dream because we live in a fantasy world where we are good and none of our vile oppressing actions against other countries are recognized for what they are.

Common sense tells me that building a wall will not only help against part of the problem discussed it also will serve as a deterring factor in case some of the South American countries we have abused and ravaged for decades to think twice before attempting to exact their revenge.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

There was more but it was cut off. I did not even vote for Trump and I support the wall and until he was elected many from the opposition did as well (not a part of that either.) My title was not if you are against the wall you are for illegal immigration but if you are against the wall and are for illegal immigration.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Truly terrible.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Not only is it supporting slavery, but it is also supporting people trafficking, drug trafficking, exploitation and child endangerment and abuse.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Only $.03? Yeah, I don’t think so, not sure where you got that number but it’s not close to the truth.

We won’t mention the fact that they also cost US taxpayers $135 billion a year.

Who’s a slave to who may I ask?

Illegal immigrants residing in the U.S. send $50 billion in remittances to their home countries each year, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. The World Bank estimates that number is even higher, closer to $120 billion. To put that figure into context, $50 billion is the same amount as the U.S. government’s annual foreign aid budget, notes the New York Times. It’s the operating budget of a midsize country, or in America’s case, enough to fund North Carolina and Maine for an entire year.

www.immigrationreform.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I’ve worked along side and the exact same job these so called slaves have for about 40 yrs. I’m not saying there isn’t some truth to the “slave” title with some, just saying. If your going to call them slaves you better include a large portion of American workers with them.

Even at a low wage they make more money then they did in their own country. If they don’t like it they can go back back home, really tired of supporting these people and their poor me attitudes. If it’s so bad here why are they coming here? Go back home.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

The .03 was an metaphor for the slave wages they receive.

How many must be in our country for that # to be so high? Imagine how much more our foreign aid would be if they did not send it home? Who is sending that amount home the traffickers, the coyotes those profiting on the slave trade it has or those living in tents, cardboard boxes in shanty towns? Where does the bulk of that $$$$ come from the cartels, and human traffickers, or the one slaving away in the fields, canning factories, cleaning houses for peanuts? Yes they cost us a lot which is terrible, horrible, utterly reprehensible. Wouldn't they cost us less if they were not here illegally? This hopefully will be the first in a series of threads regarding the prominence of slavery still existent in the USA today.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am just getting started on the slave labor in the USA currently this one is the starting point if I were to do a thread on all at once it would be way to large for 1 thread. I want to start here and then follow up with the next group that are treated as slaves, then the next and the next. Trust me I am well aware of the plight of many and I will be making more threads expounding on the how the slave culture has been tearing our country to shreds. "Freedom isn't Free" but it should be!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Everyone does it so that makes it ok...pretty sure there are countries were rape is common...does that make it ok? Lot of places where theft is common is that ok too? I bet they are happy, they get to skip the line and any cost and move right on in. They get to take advantage of tax payer funded benefits without paying for them but no worries right. I bet those farmers are happy too...they get to pay cents on the dollar compared to what legal labor would cost. What a joke your rebuttle is...you should be ashamed of the culture in your "neck of the woods" and this is Why we can't have nice things....
edit on 11-6-2019 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyFox

The .03 was an metaphor for the slave wages they receive.

How many must be in our country for that # to be so high? Imagine how much more our foreign aid would be if they did not send it home? Who is sending that amount home the traffickers, the coyotes those profiting on the slave trade it has or those living in tents, cardboard boxes in shanty towns? Where does the bulk of that $$$$ come from the cartels, and human traffickers, or the one slaving away in the fields, canning factories, cleaning houses for peanuts? Yes they cost us a lot which is terrible, horrible, utterly reprehensible. Wouldn't they cost us less if they were not here illegally? This hopefully will be the first in a series of threads regarding the prominence of slavery still existent in the USA today.

Well your metaphor is a gross misrepresentation of reality as is much of your post. There’s greater consequences to the issue than what you’ve laid out, such as our sovereignty, education, medical, housing, state, city and community resources, natural resources, etc........ I also don’t think I have to tell how this country would vote with another 100 million Latino voters by 2050, yes, that’s the estimate I’ve heard. Seems your post is more about open borders and amnesty than the “poor illegal slaves” mantra your trying to sell.

Like I said, if they think their slaves and they don’t like the conditions here, they can go back home. Let the US population deal with it or go hungry from being lazy. We need to thin the heard anyways.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Everyone does it so that makes it ok...pretty sure there are countries were rape is common...does that make it ok? Lot of places where theft is common is that ok too? I bet they are happy, they get to skip the line and any cost and move right on in. They get to take advantage of tax payer funded benefits without paying for them but no worries right. I bet those farmers are happy too...they get to pay cents on the dollar compared to what legal labor would cost. What a joke your rebuttle is...you should be ashamed of the culture in your "neck of the woods" and this is Why we can't have nice things....

It's not my neck of the woods. It's the entire country. Most farm labor is illegal.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Yea sure it is...I'll just take your word for it. Again...by your logic I guess all the rapes in Africa are ok cause it happens over the majority of the country. Surely all the murders in ghettos across the US are fine too cause well all of them are like that.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You are entitled to your comprehension of my post. I am entitled to know what my meaning behind it is. I am not arguing that there are many costs to the illegal immigrant problem at all. I am pointing out that they are treated as sub human. Your mentality of if they do not like it they can go home is great except for those who are not here by choice, as there are plenty who are rounded up and taken against their will to a place far from home where they work in subhuman conditions for minimal wages. I personally think Texas is too hot to survive daily but that is just my preference. In regards to your comment about votes do you think they are going to vote for the one's who have kept them as oppressed servants or the ones that let them come in and make a decent wage without fear of being thrown into a camp. As far as open borders go do you know what is written on the statue of liberty? Are you aware that the majority of those that live here are descended from migrants? Are you gonna move back to where your grandparents are from? No I do not support open borders but I do support legal migration. Are you 100% Native American because if not you are here because someone in your family tree migrated here after settlers either slaughtered the native population or rounded them up and herded them into "Reservations."

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Yea sure it is...I'll just take your word for it. Again...by your logic I guess all the rapes in Africa are ok cause it happens over the majority of the country. Surely all the murders in ghettos across the US are fine too cause well all of them are like that.

I can't believe you're comparing the crime of farming without a work visa or social security number to rape and murder. In the state of Missouri, blowjobs are illegal. I am a repeat offender (on the receiving end). It's common, and it's a crime. Is that as bad as murder and rape? You all love laws a little too much.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Slavery is against one's will. Border crossing for work is voluntary. It's also still more money than they can make back home, or they wouldn't be here.

That said, one of them that I know pretty well works for a big time chicken farmer. He gets a single wide trailer on the farmer's property (shared utilities with the house, farmer pays), 3 meals a day with the family, and $1500 cash a month. That's better living than an upper middle class American.

Plantations also had living quarters for the slaves on the premises..

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

I can't believe you're comparing the crime of farming without a work visa or social security number to rape and murder. In the state of Missouri, blowjobs are illegal. I am a repeat offender (on the receiving end). It's common, and it's a crime. Is that as bad as murder and rape? You all love laws a little too much.

If we made our children work these farms for the summer/fall, maybe we wouldn't have "millennials"

Illegal immigrant farm workers stole character development!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

If you are against the border wall and for illegal immigration you are supporting slavery.

UN mandated slavery

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyFox

You are entitled to your comprehension of my post. I am entitled to know what my meaning behind it is. I am not arguing that there are many costs to the illegal immigrant problem at all. I am pointing out that they are treated as sub human. Your mentality of if they do not like it they can go home is great except for those who are not here by choice, as there are plenty who are rounded up and taken against their will to a place far from home where they work in subhuman conditions for minimal wages. I personally think Texas is too hot to survive daily but that is just my preference. In regards to your comment about votes do you think they are going to vote for the one's who have kept them as oppressed servants or the ones that let them come in and make a decent wage without fear of being thrown into a camp. As far as open borders go do you know what is written on the statue of liberty? Are you aware that the majority of those that live here are descended from migrants? Are you gonna move back to where your grandparents are from? No I do not support open borders but I do support legal migration. Are you 100% Native American because if not you are here because someone in your family tree migrated here after settlers either slaughtered the native population or rounded them up and herded them into "Reservations."

You got a proven link that shows a stat of all these people you say are being rounded up, kidnapped from other countries and brought over here’s as slaves against their will and being forced to live in sub-human conditions?

You really think this is a common occurrence and practice?

For the record a lot of these poor enslaved and abused humans are living and eating a lot better than I am. I’ve been working with the very people your talking about for 40 yrs. Stop trying to blow smoke up my arse and everyone else’s about a subject you obviously know little about.

<< 1    3 >>

join