It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

google streetview - update schedule ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
hi - i encountered a google streetview car . so is wondering - " on average " how long from imagining - does all the data processing and upgrade process take

my vehicle is instantly identifiable - and i know where i was - so when should i look to see if i appear ?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I got snapped once by one of their cars and it took about 3-4 months before it popped up.

Probably they do an area and bulk process it and check random bits to ensure things that need to get blured out get done along with requests for removal of house details etc and at regular points push out the new photos so that if theres problems the o-sh!!7 teams are primed and ready to roll.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Like Maxatoria said, when I saw a Google car on the street it took some 3 or 4 months for the images to appear on Street View.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My husband drove past one going to work. It was probably 3 months or so before the images for that road were updated and I noticed our car. Lol, he drove by the damn thing and was still surprised to be on Streetview. Those dots just didn't connect, I guess.

Heh, that makes me remember, years ago, one went by my late grandmother's apartment complex and she was in the image, butt up in the air cleaning out her car. We laughed about that for a long time, even she found it very funny, "If I'd known they were going by, I'd have mooned them!" "GRANDMA." "What? I'm old, not lacking a sense of mischief."

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I remember I applied for a job to drive one of those cars a couple years back. Never heard back from Google on that though, would have been an interesting job to just continuously drive every major road in an area.

As others have said it takes 3-4 months for them to skim through the images and stitch them together for street view, and in my area google seems to come by every 2years to update everything.

top topics

join