It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pimping aint easy. . . . but it soon might be legal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: strongfp
Just gonna point out every comment is directed towards women being the prostitute. You do know theres plenty if not just as many Male prostitutes as well right?

Just goes to show how the tone towards women when it comes to sex related subjects.

I knew that within the first page of the thread someone would virtue signal about this.

Fact is that the vast majority of prostitutes are women.

There is a simple reason and it is called nature.

If I need a guy over for the night I make a call.

I'm sure as hell not going to be paying for the night.

There isn't any reason for me to.

I also demand being made a decent breakfast the next day or no more calls for you!

Simple supply and demand...

The only reason I can think of where a woman would need a gigolo is when mediocre sex just won't do.

Hah!

Pick your friends well and your lovers wisely...

I imagine a career woman who has lots of men ready for a booty call but she can't go all out 'crazy on you' because of her reputation, so hiring a gigolo and having him do exactly as she asks would be the answer.

I can see your point and would agree that some women probably go that route to protect their social standing and reputation.

I have none of those worries, thank God.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Uhh its not just for women to get sex. It's for males mostly. Theres gay men out there you know.

I'm aware of that puddin, but there are a whole lot less gay males out there then there are hetero males.

So no, the majority of prostitutes are female.

Go to Vegas, check out the menu and you can see for yourself.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

That was the point of my first post. To show when it comes to subjects that involve sex women are seen in a certain light compared to men. In this case Male prostitution is very real and common, it's not just women. Sex and women seem to really trigger people.

I don't think most of us here are sexist, I certainly know I'm not.

My view is that if I dance around a topic purely because fill in the blank is different than me, than I am in fact discriminating.

Prostitution is a thing, mostly men solicit it, and most men are straight.

It's not my thing, I don't think I could ever seek it... but it is what it is.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

New York lawmakers introduced legislation to legalize sex work in the state of New York on Monday.
The legislation, titled Stop Violence in the Sex Trade Acts, covers a variety of topics related to sex work. Lawmakers say that the bill would decriminalize sex work and guard against human trafficking within the sex working industry, according to The Hill.

dailycaller.com...

Now I think this is a good idea. I mean, "My body, my choice" amirite?

This is the perfect example of individuality. If women (and men) want to use their own bodies to make money, then why shouldn't they?

I think this is one topic that we can all agree on, but it's in the 'Pit because people are people, after all. . . . .

Well how about that... Freedom of expression I keep hearing. Maybe the gay men can sag, and sag legally, to let the other men know their schedule is open. NY is a # state so it'll look perfectly normal.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

New York lawmakers introduced legislation to legalize sex work in the state of New York on Monday.
The legislation, titled Stop Violence in the Sex Trade Acts, covers a variety of topics related to sex work. Lawmakers say that the bill would decriminalize sex work and guard against human trafficking within the sex working industry, according to The Hill.

dailycaller.com...

Now I think this is a good idea. I mean, "My body, my choice" amirite?

This is the perfect example of individuality. If women (and men) want to use their own bodies to make money, then why shouldn't they?

I think this is one topic that we can all agree on, but it's in the 'Pit because people are people, after all. . . . .

Well how about that... Freedom of expression I keep hearing. Maybe the gay men can sag, and sag legally, to let the other men know their schedule is open. NY is a # state so it'll look perfectly normal.

The far right goes after expression and the far left goes after speech. Neither give a flying f# about liberty IMO.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Just gonna point out every comment is directed towards women being the prostitute. You do know theres plenty if not just as many Male prostitutes as well right?

Just goes to show how the tone towards women when it comes to sex related subjects.

I knew that within the first page of the thread someone would virtue signal about this.

Fact is that the vast majority of prostitutes are women.

There is a simple reason and it is called nature.

If I need a guy over for the night I make a call.

I'm sure as hell not going to be paying for the night.

There isn't any reason for me to.

I also demand being made a decent breakfast the next day or no more calls for you!

Simple supply and demand...

The only reason I can think of where a woman would need a gigolo is when mediocre sex just won't do.

Hah!

Pick your friends well and your lovers wisely...

I imagine a career woman who has lots of men ready for a booty call but she can't go all out 'crazy on you' because of her reputation, so hiring a gigolo and having him do exactly as she asks would be the answer.

I can see your point and would agree that some women probably go that route to protect their social standing and reputation.

I have none of those worries, thank God.

My point in all this, is that there is a sex (or whatever ruffles your panties) supply and demand aspect for all genders and/or gender identities or odd situations? The problem is that all types of people can be hurt and are hurt these days, so having a legal outlet for whatever you need sexually and where safety is guaranteed, then I am all for it.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
To be fair, once prostitution goes legal it tends to cut pimps out of the equation.

Yeah, maybe. But who'll keep the Ho's in line?

There will be a union of course and the union boss will have gold teeth, drive a "pimped out" Cadillac and have a lot of union members hanging off his arm. Oh, he'll pay taxes too.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

To be fair, once prostitution goes legal it tends to cut pimps out of the equation.

There will be a union of course and the union boss will have gold teeth, drive a "pimped out" Cadillac and have a lot of union members hanging off his arm. Oh, he'll pay taxes too.

Why can't it be a she?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: DBCowboy

What two consenting adults do with their meat vehicles isn't really the business of anyone else.... Except the IRS, which is why there is an issue. Enact the taint tax.

Leaglize it and the IRS becomes the biggest pimp of all.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The case for making it against the law to buy sex begins with the premise that it’s base and exploitative and demeaning to sex workers. Legalizing prostitution expands it, the argument goes, and also helps pimps, fails to protect women, and leads to more back-alley violence, not less.

In 2004, the federal government expressed its position: “The United States government takes a firm stance against proposals to legalize prostitution because prostitution directly contributes to the modern-day slave trade and is inherently demeaning.” The government also claims that legalizing or tolerating prostitution creates “greater demand for human trafficking victims.”

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

There's that thing about the child involved in the abortion. At that point, it's not just the one person's body. There's the hangup about there being two people involved - mother and child - and one wants to arbitrarily kill the other. Usually, the law calls that murder.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Why can't it be a she?

Yup, it sure can. After all, we've come a long way baby!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
"Controlled environment" my @ss! To be a prostitute, you're still talking about taking on random clients you know nothing about for money.

Sure. You're going to have some girls who'll be able to set themselves up nice working conditions who can command enough of a price to do a reasonable degree of vetting for them, but still ... random clients.

And then, you're still going to have the "Ugly Betty" street girls whose job really isn't going to change much.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
California and New York in a race to the bottom!

California: I have piles of used needles, homeless everywhere, and human feces in the streets!

New York: Oh yeah? Well I made it legal to kill your unborn right up until the last second before birth!

California: So? I let the power companies shut off the electricity for hours rather than modernize the grid to avoid fires.

New York: Hold my beer ... Hey Cuomo! About legalizing those prostitutes ...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I found an interesting 'pro' and 'con' article for your consideration. It seems nobody can get it right, either way.

prostitution.procon.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Prostitution seems to work mighty fine in many countries.
Sure, it doesn't eliminate all associated crime, but it certainly reduces it.

Like I say, some people just want to impose their own moral code on others.

One things certain, current policy is failing miserably but sure, let's just keep things as they are.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Why can't it be a she?

Yup, it sure can. After all, we've come a long way baby!

BHWAAA! Good one.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It fails miserably at murder, rape, theft, and a host of other social ills too. I'm sure that if we legalized those, we could also reduce crimes related to them though by default.

At some point, you have to draw the line at what you will and won't legalize just to keep people out of prison.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Illegal prostitution is simply a minority imposing their moral standards on others.

Legalise prostitution.
Reduce sex crimes.
Take people off benefits and turn into tax payers.
Regular check up's = less sexually transmitted diseases.
And it reduces associated crime like pimping and also reduces policing costs that can be diverted towards fighting other crimes.
Fewer people going to jail, less of a burden on the judicial system and less of a burden to the tax payer.

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would oppose such a move other than a desire to impose their own morals on others.

But people, do not forget your country!
Reduce sex crimes = Bored officers, bad for feminism, (on the rise if you have not noticed)
Take people off benefits+tax payers = We need the poor and unemployed , they are the blood of the system.
Regular check ups less disease = What? Did you forget that we are under population control?
Reduces associated crime = Well that is going to be a problem for all the corrupted ones that gets a piece of that cake.
Fewer people going to jail = Again, what?! In case you have not noticed, we are trying our best to max out prison populations with petty criminals even, how else are they going to learn how to create chaos and disorder?

I understand your HU-MAN perspective, but we exist for the system, not the other way around.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join