It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana debates 'Saggy pants' law after man shoots himself

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
I've yet to see a woman walking around in the market or mall in her bathing suit.

Two seconds looking on the internet. Someone get them a burka, the puritans are losing their shizz:

Do you avert your gaze when you pass Victoria's Secret too? God forbid someone sees underwear.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You can be a small gov proponent and still appreciate a country of laws.

Sure. A small government proponent doesn't want more laws telling people what to do, particularly if they have their genesis in puritan butthurt.

Oh, and I posted earlier, Louisiana permits women to go topless in public.....THIS MUST BE STOPPED BECAUSE BEWBS!!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

In 2004, my friends and I went to a night club downtown. It was about 20°F that night and I had a Michigan Wolverines (college sports team) hoodie on and I had to walk several blocks back to my truck and leave it there if I wanted to go in so that's what I did, and all I had on under it was a cotton t-shirt. Had I refused, I would have had to go home or somewhere else so I did as they asked. No big deal to me.

What does a private business and its dress code have to do with the government telling people what to wear?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

If this man was armed and was running from the law what does him wearing saggy pants matter?
He was apparently armed did he trip and fall causing his firearm discharge hitting him in chest?
I personally can not stand sagging pants I recently lost 20 pounds and I do not like belts so if I have a lot of stuff in pockets I spend whole day pulling up britches seriously considering using suspenders.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Asking for a friend ....

How the hell do they keep the pants up.

Why don't the pants obey the laws of gravity and fall down to the ankles.

Do they use bobby pins, Safety pins or zip ties.

As I said, asking for a friend.

P

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Why do you think this law should exist in the first place? What gives any government the right to dictate what their citizens wear?

Because it's indecent. Why do you think people should be able to wear their pants so low that their underwear can be seen?

As much as it saddens me to see grown people let alone teens do something so dumb as to wear their pants in a way that causes them misery and to move like a cripple, I don't think the cloth of their underclothes is nudity. Do we dictate how thick clothing has to be to be decent? Why can woman wear a bra-less low cut clinging dress basically showing as much as or more than their underclothes?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Why do you think this law should exist in the first place? What gives any government the right to dictate what their citizens wear?

The power delegated by the State Constitution to regulate public decency and morals.

The power to regulate 'saggy pants' is just an extension of the law forbidding public nudity.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Not true but I don't expect to encounter facts on this circle jerk of a website. It's cultural, leave it at that. FWIW, I find MAGA hats to be highly offensive but you have the right to wear one because it's your culture.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
He didn’t get shot for simply sagging, or even just for running. He was brandishing a firearm at police while trying to be detained. The police knew who he was. They knew he was dangerous and not allowed to have weapons.

The guy shot himself because he was holding his pants with one hand and holding a gun in the other.

Do you have a link to any kind of official report with these details?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I am amazed that there are people who support the idea of government being able to tell you what to wear!

All because people are offended... lol... must be tiring to be so offended all the time.

You know what offends me? Three quarter pants!!! Is it too much to ask to have the pant leg go all the way down to the ankle? It's obscene!

Less government is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
When I was young (decades ago), Target had a range of pants where the top half of boxer shorts had been sewn to the tops of baggy pants... so you got the "cool" look, without the layering complexities, and potential fatal wardrobe malfunctions.

So where do these trouser typologies fall under Louisiana's laws? They are technically "pulled up" all the time, the designers have just used fabric in creative ways to convey the "dirt-bag" look.

Sagz jeans have boxers built in; Snaps keep pants up, reducing yanking up and falling down
edit on 12-6-2019 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018>>> I see mental defectives dressed like clowns with the droopy drawers and wonder why these simps think they look cool. Like the spray painted Mohawk punks of the 1980s. Yeesh.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
Well you know what they say. If your pants are to low, your crack will show.

And crack kills.

Also its not smart to wave a gun around at the cops, most especially its not smart to get in a gun fight with your pants around your knees.

Personally I thought of making a law were anybody's ass hanging out or showing should be shot on the spot no questions asked.

Though to tell the truth, then there would be no plumbers around. And without plumbers who would plumb? Crack kills people. Everybody should know that by now.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: LSU2018>>> I see mental defectives dressed like clowns with the droopy drawers and wonder why these simps think they look cool. Like the spray painted Mohawk punks of the 1980s. Yeesh.

They look like ducks waddling when they walk. How that ever became cool is beyond me. I’ve had guys look at me like they wanted to kill me because I couldn’t help but laugh watching them waddle when they walk. They knew exactly why I was chuckling, certainly didn’t help when the guy I was working with went quack, quack as they kept walking. It really does look absolutely ridiculous, especially when there’s two of them in a synchronized waddle.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Ah holly # goat balls. Is that in England, I suppose its symptom world wide along among some professions, and also with the sagging thing its getting dangerously low with some people.

But! Somebody needs to warn that guy that crack kills.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yes! The impetus of this outrage is that the perpetrator was armed, wearing saggy pants, and his sidearm discharged, shooting him in the chest. Presumably because it wasn't secured properly in a holster or something. But the really f'd up thing is that now his death is somehow on the cops because if he hadn't have had to run, saggy shorts with pistol in the waist and all, when the cops tried to stop him and ask a question or two, that he wouldn't have died because HIS PISTOL FELL OUT OF HIS PANTS and SHOT HIM IN THE CHEST! Lookit dude, carry; carry concealed if you're licenced to do so in your state. The second the cops say stop, f'n stop! Put your hands on your head, let them know you're armed. I guarantee they will check your piece, verify it's legal, put it back in your baggy pants, and send you on your way. There is no reason to run, and there is even less reason to somehow end up killing yourself when it falls out of your pants and shoots you in the chest. So many missed opportunities to be safe. Sometimes, you gotta just thank Darwin.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

You wrote all that
and did not answer my simple question.

Yes, I agree with your point but ...

How do they keep them up?

P

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Sadly 99% of people dont know where baggy pants started.

In the late 80s, In prison if you were known as a bitch the men would make you where you pants around your ass.

And it slowly grew on to the outside.

Looks stupid and it's a symbol of being a bitch in jail.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Illegal gun?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
"I'm a conservative and support the constitution!"

"If your pants sag and reveal a different pattern of fabric, I don't like that and the police should be able to intervene"

Lol.... Can't make this sh## up.

Ok, I agree on the pants law being BS. So if I am not seeing Butt crack like all those Plumbers give us, I am not worrying that I see other cloth. This thing really is about a person not stopping, when the Po Po tell him to, while running with a gun. He also HAPPENED to be violating a BS law. I think Marijuana laws are BS but I know if I run from the cop with a gun while holding a bag of it, I might get hurt.

Easy, simple answer for him was to stop and put up with the BS from the Po Po like MOST of us have to do when we do something that some idiot in Congress deemed the "Law".

What you want to bet he had rap sheet and was doing something more nefarious that forced him to flee or go to jail?
edit on 13-6-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join