It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana debates 'Saggy pants' law after man shoots himself

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't agree with saggy pants laws. My ass fell off at about 40, so keeping pants up is a daily challenge. I'm not even trying to be fashionable, I'm just trying to get through the day.

I think the intentional look is stupid, and makes the wearer look like a fool. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't agree with saggy pants laws. My ass fell off at about 40, so keeping pants up is a daily challenge. I'm not even trying to be fashionable, I'm just trying to get through the day.

I don't know whether to laugh my ass off (pun intended) or view that as a depressing statement.

I'm laughing my ass off

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That's silly.
There are denim shorts that are shorter than most boxer shorts.
There are stretch pants that are thinner than underwear.

Are we going to start policing (with force, in some cases) tank tops next?
Speedo's?
Should we arrest fat people in spandex?
Halter tops? Fish net?

I find it absolutely DISGUSTING when I see someones deodorant in their armpits.
Should we ticket people for that?
Whats next?

The gov't should not have the power to tell people how to dress

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

The Saggy Pants Law is an ordinance making it illegal for any person to appear in a public place wearing pants below the waist and exposing the skin or undergarments.

It's only a $50.00 fine for a first offense and $100.00 fine for the second offense and every subsequent offense thereafter.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

When your pants are sagging, it's very easy to detect without suspicion. He was also armed and considered dangerous.

Open carry state, yeah?
So if your gun shows 'cuz your pants sag then you are "armed and considered dangerous."

He brandished the weapon and started running. Not sure how you'd take it, but I would consider him armed and dangerous since he started running from the law.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: dfnj2015

If someone is running away from police they are NOT obeying the law.

So that means they should die?

If they shoot themselves, that sometimes happens.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Wrong. He equated banning MAGA hats (in certain segments of society) since wearing pants down to the bottom of your cheeks was banned (in certain segments of society), so I told him what already happens to people who wear MAGA hats (in certain segments of society) and asked if that's the road he wanted this to go down. I didn't move the goalposts.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

If they shoot themselves, that sometimes happens.

Yeah, think I've covered that.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's only a fine for $50 bucks though. In my opinion, it's not too much to ask for someone to wear their shorts or jeans without exposing underwear. And it's a 12 year old law that's only being fought because the Shreveport liberals think it's there to target black people since he shot himself while running from a $50 fine. He wouldn't have even been arrested or searched, he would have been told to pull his pants up first, and if he didn't he'd get fined.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It's against the law, plain and simple. Who is victimized by my expired inspection sticker? Nobody, but it's still against the law to let it lapse and I'm quite sure my truck would pass inspection with or without a sticker since it's only a couple years old.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Why would anyone attempt to make yoga pants illegal?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think sagging looks stupid. That said, I've never seen anyone's butt crack due to sagging, and they're not exposing anything but underwear. I do not find it offwnssive, and there absolutely should be no law against it. I've seen a lot of butt crack from overweight rednecks. Let's ban that.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It certainly looks stupid but it's not obscene.

Guess I just dislike one set of people telling other sets of people what they can or can not do.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Obscene?..get f'ing real, dumb..yes!

Obscene - disgusting by accepted standards of morality and decency.

You might find that wearing your pants below your ass is an accepted standard of morality or decency, but many people do not.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why would anyone attempt to make yoga pants illegal?

Yoga pants are tights, tights used to be considered underwear until it became fashionable. I don't remember any girls walking in tights without a skirt or dress up until a few years back.

The point is, this law is clearly targeting. Do you think a woman in a bikini with a see through slip will get in trouble because people can see their underwear?

It's not the underwear that bugs people, it's the culture. And while the rest of us will say from a "style" angle, it's silly or dumb, others are willing to take it as far to say the police should be able to stop and ticket them. This gives them the opportunity to ask "Got anything on you I should know about.... Mind if I take a look?", If answered no the officer can say they smell weed and legally search them under probable cause.

No one is kidding anyone with this law but themselves... It's really that easy.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I think sagging looks stupid. That said, I've never seen anyone's butt crack due to sagging, and they're not exposing anything but underwear. I do not find it offwnssive, and there absolutely should be no law against it. I've seen a lot of butt crack from overweight rednecks. Let's ban that.
rednecks don't hold a monopoly on obesity. Stop being racist. Rednecks are people too.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Do you think the plumbers in that part of Louisiana even profit any more after their citations?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

rednecks don't hold a monopoly on obesity. Stop being racist. Rednecks are people too.

Redneck isn't a race.

Obesity by State

Looks pretty rednecky dude. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: network dude

Redneck isn't a race.

Obesity by State

Looks pretty rednecky dude. Sorry.

HA!!!! NICE TRY DUDE!!!!

Alaska is super north and west... Check and mate.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
These saggy pants laws effectively target a specific group of people, young urban teens. And man o man is that a good thing.

I've never met someone who wears there pants hanging off their ass who was actually a benefit to society. They're all trashy-talk gangbangers or wannabe gangbangers.

I live near an especially hard-hit area of saggy pants syndrome and it sucks.

Nigga this, Nigga that. That's all we hear from them. Trashy garbage people who would be better off learning how to be a productive members of society, or in jail.

Pull your pants up, dang it!

I'll be honest, I confront these scumbags if my children are with me. It's perfectly acceptable to ask them to pull their pants up!

Depending on the location, you can even get private and public owners involved if you have to.

This "culture" of gang worship needs to be eradicated.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join