It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana debates 'Saggy pants' law after man shoots himself

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Baggy pants people should be arrested for no other reason than they're horribly out of fashion by at least 20 years. This ain't 1998, you backwards hillbillies!

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Why? We're a country of laws. There has to be a little bit of government.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

New Orleans is more than 5 hours south, and classless, and very blue which is why it's equivalent to a third world country. Next time you go to New Orleans, I just hope you don't get drugged and de-organed.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

you didn't read my words or i wasn't clear enough but i said that words on clothing are protected, but i also said that how you wear clothes are not, especially if it violates public decency. i don't want to be seeing peoples underwear or dangling bits and neither do most other sane people in America.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
So I assume you have no problem with people wearing maga hats wherever they feel like it.

Why would I care what hat someone wears?

Also, where do rules from the workplace about appropriate attire fit in here ?

I also don't care what a private business does, no one forces you to work for them. The government shouldn't be telling people what to wear.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Why? We're a country of laws. There has to be a little bit of government.

Passing laws on what people can wear is not a little bit of government, it's a lot of bit of government.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
New Orleans is more than 5 hours south, and classless, and very blue which is why it's equivalent to a third world country. Next time you go to New Orleans, I just hope you don't get drugged and de-organed.

That does nothing to address the toplessness in your state is legal.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
...but i also said that how you wear clothes are not, especially if it violates public decency.

Cite the case law.

i don't want to be seeing peoples underwear or dangling bits and neither do most other sane people in America.

Who cares if you don't want to see underwear? You aren't the morality police. You have a problem with bikinis too? They're less material in those than most undergarments.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
a reply to: LSU2018

Haha... contradictions in the same sentence... you're all for less gov, but happy to legislate "class"?

Comedy gold!

It's not all or nothing. There have to be some laws. If you prefer no laws, go live in the jungle. If you prefer no freedom, go to prison. If you prefer a balance then you'll understand we have to have the government involved in some things.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

They're not offended, lol. They're grossed out.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The dictionary meaning of "gross-out" is literally "to offend".

Doesn't change the fact that you want a lot of government if you want dress-code legislated.

You still haven't commented on the social level of acceptability set by our media (ie. music videos), in which baggy pants (and underwear, and butt cheeks, and lingerie, and a whole lot more) are common.

How do you reconcile the double standard set by making clothing, or how clothing is worn, illegal that can be seen readily in all of our media, daily? People are just following fashion.
edit on 14-6-2019 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Baggy pants people should be arrested for no other reason than they're horribly out of fashion by at least 20 years. This ain't 1998, you backwards hillbillies!

Oh hell!

What should I do with my flairs!

On top of everything else that is wrong, the fashion police are coming.

Oh my.

I still don't understand how they keep their pants from falling around their ankles.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join