It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Leader's Slain Brother Was Reportedly Working With the CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of the North Korean leader who was killed in a nerve-agent attack allegedly ordered by Pyongyang, had been working with the CIA prior to his death, according to The Wall Street Journal and a new book by a Washington Post reporter.

The Journal, in a story published Monday, cites "a person knowledgeable about the matter" as saying that Kim Jong Nam, who was living in the semi-autonomous Chinese territory of Macau in the years before his death, had "met on several occasions with [CIA] operatives."

North Korean Leader's Slain Brother Was Reportedly Working With the CIA

Haven't seen this posted already so forgive me if I'm late. In a hurry right now but there's more details in the article.

It's all unnamed sources and rumors, but this may very well be true.

What are your thoughts, ATS?
edit on 11/6/2019 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Thoughts?

Well, I can say this much; having lived in Malaysia for several years, I can definitely attest to the fact that Malaysia really is what we used to call "Spy-Central". That place is crawling with foreign operatives from many different countries! Malaysia is like what Casablanca, Morocco used to be back in the 1940's.

The only part of this incident which doesn't compute to me is, why at the airport of all places???? There would have been so many other less conspicuous places which provided much better cover and anonymity.

ETA - And the cover story stinks to high heaven! Why would anyone believe a story that two girls went to the airport to play a TV prank show??? Anyone with an IQ above that of a salad fork knows you don't play pranks in airports! So, that dog doesn't hunt at all. Purely a cover story, and a laughable one at that!

edit on 6/11/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: vinifalou

Thoughts?

Well, I can say this much; having lived in Malaysia for several years, I can definitely attest to the fact that Malaysia really is what we used to call "Spy-Central". That place is crawling with foreign operatives from many different countries! Malaysia is like what Casablanca, Morocco used to be back in the 1940's.

The only part of this incident which doesn't compute to me is, why at the airport of all places???? There would have been so many other less conspicuous places which provided much better cover and anonymity.

ETA - And the cover story stinks to high heaven! Why would anyone believe a story that two girls went to the airport to play a TV prank show??? Anyone with an IQ above that of a salad fork knows you don't play pranks in airports! So, that dog doesn't hunt at all. Purely a cover story, and a laughable one at that!

Public place - airport - because it was sending a message.

Anyone can kill anyone else in a private space. It takes balls and the knowledge you'll most likely get a way with it to do it in a place with extensive surveillance.

At least that's what I've heard....
edit on 11/6/19 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It was at the airport IMO to send a message. He wanted the video seen by the world and he wanted to kick back and enjoy it.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Anyone he would have been working with would have known his whereabouts and status just about 24x7.

So, who was the message for?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Plus, the CIA angle doesn't make sense really. The dude was already exiled. Anything he could give up would have been known 10x over long ago. It's not like he's connected somehow, and he certainly wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

I think lil' kimmy just wanted to off him because he cut into kimmy's Captain Crunch cereal too often as a kid.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Anyone he would have been working with would have known his whereabouts and status just about 24x7.

So, who was the message for?

While I think there may have been a specific individual or individuals for whom the message was intended, it works as a warning to any who would go against him and his regime.

He strikes me as that kind of guy. If you play the crazy despotic dictator role, this type of stuff is fairly effective.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Unless he told his brother the CIA had asked him about getting rid of Kim Jong-Un. The CIA found out and had him killed to look like a North Korean hit.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

take this all a grain of salt, lol cia has a lot more than what you to have to offer.... so sad what this site has become, you don't know #.............

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
CIA could have been creating a plan to replace Kim with his brother or create chaos in NK. Who knows but, that is what the CIA does; chaos then install puppet. This happened a while back and it seemed like NK was having some internal problems.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

Brilliant, helpful and insightful post.

Thanks.

top topics

join