It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Iron Mike" Tyson Developing A Huge Marijuana Holiday Resort In California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I remember taking a Greyhound bus from Rochester, NY, to attend Tyson's fight against Michael Spinks, in Atlantic City, back in 1988. I remember arriving at my seat with anticipation, clutching cold beers for my two buddies and myself, just to witness Tyson knocking out Spinks in a whopping 91 seconds. Needless to say, everyone in the capacity crowd was a little disappointed by the short fight...but I won at blackjack that night!

Now, a little over 30 years later, after a string of set backs, Tyson is "becoming the head of a weed empire." He's in the process of developing "a 418-acre marijuana resort where attendees can learn about cannabis and smoke freely," all while staying at a luxury hotel and riding on "the longest lazy river in the world." Tyson hopes to break ground on another Tyson Ranch, which will be located at the Florida and Georgia border.

The ranch broke ground in December 2017 but is yet to be fully built. It's designed to be a wonderland of weed with tourist attractions, a luxury hotel, glamping tents, a lazy river that will take a full hour to cross, and an ampitheater for music festivals and concerts. There will even be a Tyson University to teach cannabis-cultivation techniques to future farmers.

The ranch, located near Desert Hot Springs and Palm Springs, will include a Tyson University to educate future farmers on how to cultivate marijuana

Attendants will be allowed to smoke anywhere in the park, except for areas where liquor is sold. Weed will not be grown there, only sold, as Tyson partners with big marijuana retail companies.

Though the resort is yet to fully come to life, Tyson has already rolled out music festivals at the site.

LINK

In February he threw the inaugural Kind Festival at the site of the future ranch:

Tyson credits weed for helping him beat a severe substance abuse problem and started his cannabis company in 2016 "to educate and engage the public in the healing properties of Cannabis and CBD." Tyson sells high-grade strains of weed, grown by local farmers and also sells marijuana merchandise.

I hope Tyson succeeds in building his weed empires."Iron Mike" used to knock his opponents out cold. Now, he plans on knocking out tourists with his weed products...a Taco Bell franchise located near this future resort would do a remarkable business I think.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Heard him talking about this on Joe Rogan's podcast a couple months ago. Good for him. It sounds like he has finally found peace and happiness in his life. I'm up for a vacation there.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I would have a hard time supporting a convicted rapist.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I don't blame you. I remember that case very well, since I was a Tyson fan. Tyson admits he was a dick and did many bad things when he was younger, but insists that he had consensual sex with 18 year old Desiree Washington. Then there's this:

Alan Dershowitz later filed an appeal on Tyson’s behalf, claiming that Washington had, on at least one other occasion, made a false accusation of rape and that the trial judge had blocked the testimony of several witnesses who could refute Washington’s claims. Tyson lost the appeal.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You try saying that to his face. (Personally I don't believe the conviction but whatever.) I like Mike.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Mike Tyson.

ETA Back on topic. More weed education centres are needed so I am happy to read that such a celebrity is opening one. If I had money...
edit on 11/6/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Let's rip.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
He explores his mind and has become a better person because of it. He mentions psychadelics and from what I know, you become a better person, sometimes overnight if the experience is profound enough. He might have had issues in the past (I do not support the rape conviction) but he seems like a completely different person.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The restaurants, and snack-bars would would seriously rake in the money.

They could sell Twinkies for $10, and no one would complain.

Win-win

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

He's smart to teach people about MJ first before they try it, but he had better have some good security because some people will definitely have bad trips.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
He's shy on 2 acres. The neighbors are probably trying to price gouge him, if they're good.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Looks a little bit like the shape of an ear. Mike is probably licking his chops.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

He's smart to teach people about MJ first before they try it, but he had better have some good security because some people will definitely have bad trips.

LOL you really don't trip on reefer, nor would it be likely people's first experience be bad in any way. Now think of you and your friends first experience getting drunk? Not just drinking actually drinking too much. My first time drinking to excess I'm lucky I didn't really hurt myself, like extremely lucky. Probably happened dozens of times in my youth drinking, but smoking LOL even though we tried to push limits, it mostly just mellowed you out, and made you laugh.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

LOL you really don't trip on reefer, nor would it be likely people's first experience be bad in any way. Now think of you and your friends first experience getting drunk? Not just drinking actually drinking too much. My first time drinking to excess I'm lucky I didn't really hurt myself, like extremely lucky. Probably happened dozens of times in my youth drinking, but smoking LOL even though we tried to push limits, it mostly just mellowed you out, and made you laugh.

You are so wrong about that. I've seen an anxious person taking certain prescription drugs take a couple of tokes and start freaking out almost immediately. This happened to this person a few times now and he refuses to toke at all. The last time I had to talk him down. People with anxiety or depression usually don't just mellow out and have a chuckle; bad time, bad trip, bad experience...all the same thing.

www.vice.com...
edit on 16CDT07America/Chicago03570730 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

While i agree people with anxiety probably shouldn't indulge... but i highly doubt Mike Tyson will need a security team... lol

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: InTheLight

While i agree people with anxiety probably shouldn't indulge... but i highly doubt Mike Tyson will need a security team... lol

Do you really think it will start and end with just MJ?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You are so wrong about that. I've seen an anxious person taking certain prescription drugs take a couple of tokes and start freaking out almost immediately. This happened to this person a few times now and he refuses to toke at all. The last time I had to talk him down. People with anxiety or depression usually don't just mellow out and have a chuckle; bad time, bad trip, bad experience...all the same thing.

My sister-in-law's entire family (all one big happy diagnosed bi-polar clan) would beg to differ on that, as well as every depressed person I've ever known who toked and refused to take meds for it. The issue is the meds, not the condition itself -- the pharma cocktails don't mix well with much of anything.
edit on 6/11/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
I had a friend that tripped on reefer his first time trying it. Had a massive panic attack due to hearing voices and visual hallucinations, ended up in the hospital due to it. Nobody else that partook of that same reefer had that effect on them. Some people are a lot more sensitive to it than others.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Good for Mike Tyson! Nice to see him doing his own thing!

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

My sister-in-law's entire family (all one big happy diagnosed bi-polar clan) would beg to differ on that, as well as every depressed person I've ever known who toked and refused to take meds for it. The issue is the meds, not the condition itself -- the pharma cocktails don't mix well with much of anything.

Absolutely bang-on!

I used to be on meds for depression and anxiety, and they made me suicidal and self-destructive. Also, the nightmares that I was already having beforehand suddenly became more terrifying (serious end of the world like stuff).

So, I stopped the meds and went to herb, and I honestly think it saved my life.

It's worth pointing out that strain selection, ergo cannabinoid/terpenoid profile, is important. You simply can't compare a fine, aged whiskey, to a bottle of Miller Lite.

Different strokes for different folks,

top topics

join