It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FFS 7 Remake

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Annnnnnnd there goes any excitement left I had for this game. But you're probably not a sour old lemon like me

It's a hack and slash

It's a combination of FF13's and FF15's battle system

It's only centered around the Midgar stuff (In other words, more titles, more DLC, more $$$$$)

It's going to be a "Press X to Watch Movie" affair.

Sadly, the other game I was very excited about left a similar taste in my mouth after the latest footage. My 2 favorite console games of all time have been turned into a hot mess of electropuke.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I thought I saw at e3 that you could put it in tactical mode and play it turn based like old school.

IF not, I don't think I'd want it.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I thought I saw at e3 that you could put it in tactical mode and play it turn based like old school.

IF not, I don't think I'd want it.

It appears to utilize both button mashes and turn-based style.

edit on 11-6-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
RE: FFS 7 Remake

I've never even played For F Sake 1, and they're up to FFS15 already.

edit on 11-6-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I've never even played For F Sake 1, and they're up to FFS15 already.

They stopped being great once they entered double digits.

But thanks to these wonderful minds in the industry it won't be long before we get Final Fantasy 7-2, Part 3

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I fully share the sourness. I was SO excited to play FFVII again, a legendary treasure of a game, with updated graphics. It's one of the best games ever for a reason. Why would you even think of messing with the mechanics or DLC'ing the story...

If I want to play a hack & slash I'll buy a hack & slash, button mashing is not why this title was so beloved.

Guess I'll go dig up my old CD's again to scratch that itch...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Balans

Why would you even think of messing with the mechanics or DLC'ing the story...

Money.

They're trying to appeal to noobs as well as established fans (hint: that never ever works.) Also the DLC and multiple titles promise ensures they can milk this cow for years upon years to come.

But hey! Don't wait for honest reviews about the game upon its release. Pre-order your Deluxe Edition now cha-ching!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Money.

Sadly enough yes.

I praise myself lucky to have lived through the golden years of gaming. Youth these days grow up getting used to the new model of greed and it's an evil thing, preying on known weaknesses in the brains.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
What do you want it to be turn based?

Even the original was not entirely turn based, as you did have an active time bar. Now though it seems its just used for your specials.

To tell the truth if it was turn based it would be lame. What are you going to wait around while that giant robot shoots lasers and missiles on you. T In fact looking at it, they turned that first boss fight were you fight from something that was lame into something that is way better then the original.

From what I remember of the original, all you had to do is hit it with lightning, a few times and it went down, the rest of the time your fiddleling with the commands for no reason really. Now its a whole more involved process were you have to take cover and you can avoid hits, and what else as that is just the first boss of the game, and not even that a mini boss.

And ya its going to be a two parter, the first part is midgar and the second part the rest of the game. Not what expected, but I'll take it.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Balans
Lol dude. For the time the ATB system was the best, likely because thats all they could do.

You could literally just ductape the input button, and over-level your charter a bit, and walk away from any fight get something to eat, brush your teeth, grab some soda, maybe watch a TV show then come back, and you would win.

Not much strategy in turn based as people like to claim. If it was just like it used to be, were you have charcters on the screen and monster character, and a tab with command menus only just better graphics.

That would be lame. This is way better, you can actually move your character around and do something but sit there and input commands which dont really matter that much. In fact the whole just putting all your commands on an active time buttons is way better. I always hated when you had to go into command mode to input a magic attack or just regular attack, it feels so static and slow and pointless. Like enemies are going to be waiting around for you to decide what to do.

In fact I always didn't like the pause button in any game, feels wrong to. The only time you should get a pause is when your dead. Or not in any action or combat sequence.

But hey, its good they did both a pause attack screen, and the option to put your attacks on buttons for live action.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Exactly my point, but with a different interpretation.

They took something simple, quick, and forgettable and turned it into a big budget movie.

Heck, why not just make the first game all about that first reactor mission, really pad it out and expand it. Final Boss can be that stupid scorpion bot for as big a show as they give it. More titles to come!

That's why we're not even getting a full game. It's just going to be chopped up into parts and it'll become a bloated disappointment. Expect a 20 minute cut-scene for every corner you turn.

What they really should have done is give it the remaster treatment FF8 is getting.

But whatevs. Fanbois gotta fanboi.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hey remember, attack when it's tail is up...

And...

It will hurt...

Us... With it's giant laser.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Final Fantasy 7 sucked, if they want to do a real remake they should remake Final Fantasy 6. Most people missed the game, as 7 was just lucky enough to go mainstream, but 6 was by far the better game.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Balans

I fully share the sourness. I was SO excited to play FFVII again, a legendary treasure of a game, with updated graphics. It's one of the best games ever for a reason. Why would you even think of messing with the mechanics or DLC'ing the story...

If I want to play a hack & slash I'll buy a hack & slash, button mashing is not why this title was so beloved.

Guess I'll go dig up my old CD's again to scratch that itch...

That's if you can get the damn things to run on Win10. I have over 140 games on steam and it seems half of them won't run on Win 10. I wanted to play Divinity Directors cut last night and it took me 45 minutes to just get the damn thing to run.

edit on 11-6-2019 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

They have a full boss fight game play video and it looks amazing. Gonna be tons of fun

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The story is what made the game so if they keep to the story...it will be great no matter what.
Games have changed, and although at first I was against anything other than classic ff7 with greater graphics,
I went and bought the original ff7 for pc and started to replay it,(solved it many many years ago) and I just couldn't get into the system they had set up anymore.

I think the systems they are showing will fit nicely into the storyline, but that is just my opinion.

I actually cried the first time I saw the trailer for ff7 when they first showed Aeris several months back. It is the only game that has ever done anything like that to me.

I will throw money at it once it hits PC.
Bummed that it is a ps exclusive for now.

Not everyone will be happy with the remake, but I for one am looking forward to playing it, and introducing it to my daughter so that she can experience the heart wrenching story and game that still puts tears in my eyes.
And I hope it creates a new generation of final fantasy nuts like me.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If it isnt turn based like the original, I do not want it.........seriously, there is no way they were that stupid to totally change the combat.......right?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Actually I was not even bothered that they were remaking FF7.

I thought they were going to go with what your talking about. At that point seems pointless to remake a game, just play the original. Because thats what its going to be only with updated graphics.

But its called a remake for a reason. Seems they even changed some of the story around, who knows how much. But I dont think it would be by much. From what I heard from the E3 vids, when they were making it. It just turned out to big, even the first part which is going to be all in midgar, is two CDs.

And midgar was maybe a quarter of the game in the original. But considering there going to get rid of the random monster fights and everything is on screen. I see why its so huge. I remeber in the orginal game you could litteraly just tape the up button and square in the world map and have your character just run into a wall or something, and with the random mosnter encounters.

Just leave it like that and come back in a day or so and you leveled up way to much. But anyways if you guys want turn table. Well its a Jrpg, its not like its Dark Souls were most things would one or two shot you if you dont evade, you dont have to move your charter around, since your likley to be a damage spunge like in old school rpgs.

Just dont tough the directional buttons, and your character wont move around, and do everything by menu. There you go problem solved. Just like in the old days.

But anyways. To each there own. The way there doing it is way better then I thought. After all its a "remake" not a update, or a touch up or a definitive edition, as so many other games are, which is just the same thing with minor things updated.

There free to remake things as they see fit. Its in the name.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Ya thas what I am saying. That scorpion was basically a mini boss in the original. You could literally beat it using one hand, while drinking coffee. All you did from what I remember is just open up menu and hit it with lightning and it died in like 5 minutes.

The whole time your just scrolling down the menu with one hand to the lightning attack. Thats literally all it was, open up menu press down two time, and hit square at the lightning, and rinse and repeat, it was a tutorial boss.

The only real challenge was in the later game as the game level cap was 99. Even the end game boss was not that hard, and the Weapons were the real challenge, as even at 99 with everything, they would still kill you. One of them that was one of there attacks, they would bring your partys hp down to 1 no matter what every so offten. And if you didnt have the phoenix materia equipped which triggers after you die and resurrects you, then you were basically dead.

I mean they took a mini tutorial boss and turned into that. Cant wait to see what else they did.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Bad news though is that they're planning on selling the game in two parts

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join