It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposition cardinals go on with declaration of "truths" against pope Francis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

It's kind of implied and part and package of the parcel im afraid.

en.wikipedia.org... Papal infallibility

en.wikipedia.org... Infallibility of the Church

He's just a dude mate, just like Jesus was if he existed.

It's the religion that's corrupt beyond repair, just like all the rest of the organized religious practices doing the rounds.

You see if you are going to tell lies and promote intolerance towards your fellow Man, fallibility is pretty much a guarantee.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: InTheLight
How do you think he should deal with a he/he he/she said situation where there is no evidence?

Multiple sources from within the inner machinations of the Church and the Vatican, itself, have stated that there was a lot of evidence and it was known to Francis well before he attempted to throw victims under the bus. I mean seriously, what human being in the 21st Century question whether the Church has sexual abused children? What manner of flat Earthery is that?

He has a difficult job dealing with this issue, and he is dealing with it albiet slowly and methodically. Again, he said he erred and apologized. I am sure he won't make that same mistake again.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

He should not be making any errors.

Infallibility is, according to the New Catholic Encyclopedia, "more than a simple, de facto absence of error. It is a positive perfection, ruling out the possibility of error".

Logically something does not quite fit.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

He should not be making any errors.

Infallibility is, according to the New Catholic Encyclopedia, "more than a simple, de facto absence of error. It is a positive perfection, ruling out the possibility of error".

Logically something does not quite fit.

Logically, that type of dogma is not being followed by this Pope - who is trying to change certain traditions. And, in my opinion, those certain traditions should be changed or forgotten. Namely, putting someone so far on a pedestal that they are beyond accountability. He accepts accountability and isn't hiding in that golden palace hoping problems will solves themselves through a miracle.
edit on 16CDT03America/Chicago01830330 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Are you Catholic?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Are you Catholic?

What type of Catholic are you asking about? The blind faith old school Catholic or the newly reformed Catholic following Pope Francis' lead? Why can't I be an objective observer?
edit on 16CDT03America/Chicago02130330 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

So he's not following the same script or reading off the same page as the rest of them?

You must see the problem mate, he canny start shifting the cards around and changing the rules now without incurring the wrath of the bastards the profit from all that other people's misery.

No wonder the wean beasting, mass genocide promoting, money grabbing bastards noses are bent out of shape?

Great Pope indeed, don't see him lasting long all the same with that attitude.

When do we get the new, new testament is my thinking on the matter.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

So he's not following the same script or reading off the same page as the rest of them?

You must see the problem mate, he canny start shifting the cards around and changing the rules now without incurring the wrath of the bastards the profit from all that other people's misery.

No wonder the wean beasting, mass genocide promoting, money grabbing bastards noses are bent out of shape?

Great Pope indeed, don't see him lasting long all the same with that attitude.

When do we get the new, new testament is my thinking on the matter.

Whatever the outcome, Pope Francis should just throw all the cards into the air and let them land where they will.

I think a shakeup and shakedown is in order and I have thought so for a very long time.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

But then it's not Catholicism!

It's a bloody ""New Age Religion""

Those bastards cannot be shakeup nor shaken down without being held to account.

And if they ever actually were held to account for the multitude of sins perpetrated in the name of God the whole darn thing would never survive the scrutiny.

Which is why it will never bloody happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

But then it's not Catholicism!

It's a bloody ""New Age Religion""

Those bastards cannot be shakeup nor shaken down without being held to account.

And if they ever actually were held to account for the multitude of sins perpetrated in the name of God the whole darn thing would never survive the scrutiny.

Which is why it will never bloody happen.

It never was Jesus' true teachings, whatever you call it.

Well, it is happening in the form of resignations. I know, it's not enough.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Parables are your problem there I'm afraid.

Truth is after all rather subjective and based on perspective.

Resignations won't change the power structure.

Enough would be an end to the madness, and redistribution of there amassed wealth they accumulated over the centuries through outright lies, deception, and murder amongst our respective populations, nevermind opening their secret vaults and allowing us to see what they have hidden, after all, its everyone's, history, art, and literature, not just there's.

Unless of course "They" have something to hide?

edit on 11-6-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

That wasn't a complicated question, it required only a "yes" or a "no," but all I got from you was a non answer.

So, again I ask, are you a Catholic? As in are you a member of the Catholic Church?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

That wasn't a complicated question, it required only a "yes" or a "no," but all I got from you was a non answer.

So, again I ask, are you a Catholic? As in are you a member of the Catholic Church?

We are not discussing my religion, we are discussing Pope Francis' deeds. Keep on topic.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Parables are your problem there I'm afraid.

Truth is after all rather subjective and based on perspective.

Resignations won't change the power structure.

Enough would be an end to the madness, and redistribution of there amassed wealth they accumulated over the centuries through outright lies, deception, and murder amongst our respective populations, nevermind opening their secret vaults and allowing us to see what they have hidden, after all, its everyone's, history, art, and literature, not just there's.

Unless of course "They" have something to hide?

Resignations are shaking up the power structure and don't think it isn't. He's got many in that hierarchy running for cover.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

It's simply a question, you either are, or you are not, a Catholic.

Why avoid it if you were baptised as such?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Ah, so it will be his way now and not the old way?

Good luck with that as absolute power corrupts absolutely, especially so when everything that surrounds you already corrupt and perverted beyond redemption.

It will take more than holy superglue to put that monstrosity of St Peter back together, that's a given.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

To be fair, where is the relevance?

Are only Catholics allowed to post in Catholic themed threads?

I think InTheLight's personal beliefs were made more or less clear earlier in the thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

It's a valid question to the topic. Particularly in light of your comment of "The blind faith old school Catholic" which, if you are a Catholic, you are presently displaying a strong base in exactly the type of blind faith you seemingly decry. It seems that you're intent on defending this Pope at all costs, excusing his many failures while trumpeting his few successes... strikes me as being very much in lock step with everything that's been wrong with Catholicism for the past thousand years or so.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well, you either are or you are not, at least that my understanding of the matter, not that it means much, unless you are into that kind of thing.

I mean I'm a Protestant, or at least i was christened so, someone asks me that, i don't see the point in avoiding the answer.

Everyone can post where ever they wish, think as they choose to do so, its not me that's up for retarding that privilege, the Holy Roman Church of St Peter on the other hand, well it not like they don't have previous for such.
edit on 11-6-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

It's a valid question to the topic. Particularly in light of your comment of "The blind faith old school Catholic" which, if you are a Catholic, you are presently displaying a strong base in exactly the type of blind faith you seemingly decry. It seems that you're intent on defending this Pope at all costs, excusing his many failures while trumpeting his few successes... strikes me as being very much in lock step with everything that's been wrong with Catholicism for the past thousand years or so.

It is not a valid question to the topic - why don't you take a poll and ask everyone else responding then?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join