It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Dogs Legion - E3 gameplay walkthrough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I liked the first Watch Dogs but didn't like Watch Dogs 2 , if this lives up to its promise it could be the game Watch Dogs deserves .... out this time next year.

Here's ten minutes of gameplay shown a few minutes ago at the Ubisoft conference , the granny is priceless.

So many promising games next year.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Says the video isn't available in my country.

I really liked Watch Dogs as well, never played 2nd one. This one looks pretty cool. The multiple characters and permadeath is going to make for very interesting gameplay this time around. Hopefully it looks as good as the trailer at release and they don't downgrade it again like they did with the first one.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It is as the French would say.. meh

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
"Le meh!"

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

The developer appears to be trying to do something different with the structure of the game , I quite fancy building my own revolution so if the game can deliver what it offers I see no reason for ... meh.

It's also set in London which is also a bonus.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The developer appears to be trying to do something different with the structure of the game , I quite fancy building my own revolution so if the game can deliver what it offers I see no reason for ... meh.

It's also set in London which is also a bonus.

It does seem to offer something different in terms of playing as different characters, each obviously has their own skill set etc. but really just copy pasting. GTA V offered us the option to play as different characters, the graphics and scenery appear to be very similar to the original watchdogs... If I want to start a revolution then Homefront is usually the go-to, although I was very disappointed with Homefront: The Revolution.

I'm just looking for something original... have you ever noticed how all their games now contain the same mechanics? Assassins creed, far cry, ghost recon... They all started sharing the same gameplay mechanics, which I find to be very lazy.

It takes a lot to impress me, all I'm looking forward to at this point is Cyberpunk, we all know there will only be a huge graphical leap once there's a new gen of consoles. Not holding my breath.

In terms of originality my opinion still stands.. Meh

PS. Ubi's driving mechanics feels like piloting a rock, doesn't really matter which form of transportation you choose.
Really hoping they'll improve that.
edit on 12-6-2019 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

GTA V offered 3 predetermined characters which at story points had to be played as the game wanted where Watch Dogs Legion offers a city of NPCs of which any can be recruited into your team and played , each has different skill sets to help in missions and they are unique to the individual playthrough , like real world people they are also afflicted by permadeath so the loss of a character you've invested time in could have a real effect on the game.

Watch Dogs: Legion E3 2019 Trailer Breakdown.

In my opinion Watch Dogs 1 had huge potential which it failed to live up to and Watch Dogs 2 was a misstep so I hope this time Ubi can deliver on the promise Legion offers , I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk as well and it's on my day one list (a list of one) but Legion could turn out to be nearly as exciting and if they get it right an essential purchase for a conspiracy minded revolutionary like myself.

top topics

join