It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.2 Lake Erie earthquake strikes Cleveland area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Anyone from Cleveland who felt this earthquake this morning?

An earthquake registering 4.2 was detected in Lake Erie, a half-mile north of Eastlake, shortly before 11 a.m. Monday morning.

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources said an aftershock of 2.2 was detected eight minutes later at 10:58 a.m. Both recordings are considered preliminary, said Eric Heis, a spokesman for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.

ODNR initially reported the quake at 4.4, then revised it down to a still preliminary 4.2. If confirmed at 4.2, it would mark just the sixth Ohio earthquake of at least 4.0 since 1950. Also, the U.S. Geological Survey reported the quake at 4.0.

Reaction was swift on social media, with reports of people feeling the earthquake mainly from throughout Lake County and parts of Cuyahoga County. Mapping by the U.S. Geological Survey showed reports concentrated across the lakeshore from Ashtabula to Cuyahoga counties, and south to Summit and Medina counties.

www.cleveland.com...

Here's a video clip showing the shaking on several highway video cameras:

edit on 6/10/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I've been in Cleveland during a previous earthquake over 10 years ago...It shook the office and was likely larger than this one.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I remember one back in the 70's. I was in school and the gym roof shook and made some wild noises. Suburb of Cleveland.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It's only going to get worse if the Browns don't make the playoffs!

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It's only going to get worse if the Browns don't make the playoffs!

Cleveland's toast if they are relying on the Browns.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Must be some fracking going on in Lake Erie. That's what causes these earthquakes and AGW ya know.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Not an OH resident, but my brother in Sterling Heights (MI) said he felt light shaking at work. I definitely didn't feel anything over in W MI here in the Grand Rapids area.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Huge underground salt mines are mined for table and road salt along the shoreline. Canadians extract Natural Gas on their side with on water drilling. Huge fault runs through Cleveland into Buffalo into Canada.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There are a lot of these mines all over that region. Trying to find a video from the 50-60s documenting one of these mines.

I'm in PA (but far away and across a fault) so didn't feel a thing.
edit on 10-6-2019 by dubiousatworst because: staying on target.

found the video I was thinking of. (or is it film?)

edit on 10-6-2019 by dubiousatworst because: vid

an interactive USGS map of mine locations
mrdata.usgs.gov...
and another one with slightly more information on data points (mines) but not as many listed
skytruth-org.carto.com...
edit on 10-6-2019 by dubiousatworst because: mine locations

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That's our northern fault lines giving some room for the New Madrid fault line to have a go. A precursor EQ on the outer fault lines of the big one.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

I'm from PA as well. We've had our share of tremorstoo.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I was thinking about the salt mines too, I bet people in there were moving fast.

new topics

top topics

join