It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Helicopter Crashes Into NYC High-Rise

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Double
edit on 11-6-2019 by BlackIbanez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: IAMTAT

Being reported as a hard landing with one injury.
So far no fatalities.

Helicopter traffic has been banned from landing on rooftops in the city since the seventies.
This guy was probably flying over the river and got into some kind of trouble.

If it wasn't for that ban then a lot of people could have been saved from the WTC in 2011.

I think you mean 2001.

I hate to be one those hardcore anal dudes when comes to grammar... but seriously! That was really sloppy.

What can I say, the years fly by so quickly.

It still seems like yesterday. The day my view of the world was shattered completely...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The pilot was not instrument rated, flying in instrument conditions.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
You wonder why it's flooding your YouTube feeds? News networks want clicks, and fear mongering off of 911 pts has to amount to quite a few clicks.a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

As well as flying through restricted airspace. in poor weather conditions, with a 500-600 foot ceiling - which is below the tops of many of the buildings in area

Guy was an idiot ……..

Luck did not smack into building (aka 1945 B 25 into Empire State Building) an cause a major disaster

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The pilot waited two hours for weather to clear. He was departing from the East 34th St heliport. He told the ground crew he saw a 20 minute window to get out through the weather, when he departed. He flew over the East River, before turning North and subsequently requesting to return to the heliport. He got within 500 feet of the port, before turning and flying erratically until impact with the building. Weather at the time reported as overcast at 500 feet, with a 1 1/4 mile visibility.

www.avweb.com...
edit on 9/24/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join