It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Resistance, You're Not The Resistance, You're The Establishment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yep - Hillary was handed a humiliating defeat when middle America said "NO" to eight more years of democrat business as usual so it suddenly becomes the Resistance. I literally laughed out loud the first time I heard it.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

If you believe that the Kochs promote slave labor, then wouldn't you also have to believe that they are evil? And if that's the case, were they really ever vilified?

I put evil in quotes, not because I disagree, but because it was literally a quote. Over and over they've been called evil by lefties.

I'm not sure you understand the words you're using. You can vilify a villain, you know. So whether they are evil or not they can still be vilified.

Myself, I have been against open borders and their slave labor policy since I was a teen.

Here's you back in 2013 when you were buying into the Tea Party bull# and pretending to care about balanced budgets:

I still believe all of that. The only difference now would be my faith in republicans to champion the cause of a balanced budget. The biggest failure of the 2014-2018 republican led congress is that they didn't cut spending.

Sounds like now you're just butt hurt because the oligarchs who convinced a lot of you back in 2008 that you were anti-establishment — when they basically created the Tea Party — aren't big fans of Trump.

What? Where did that even come from. The quoted text and my OP are in no way in-congruent. Since long before the tea party days we knew that the republicans weren't a small government, balanced budget party when they got to washington. This is something you guys on the left don't seem to understand, we haven't trusted the republican party for as long as I can remember. They always say all of the right things to get elected, then go to washington and do democrat things. Where do you think the term RINO came from?????

As for the list, LMAO. It's just a loose collection of half-assed low info opinions. Let's start with Facebook. Facebook was the primary vehicle for Trump's propaganda in 2016. Don't take my word for it though.

Bwahahaha, you think that's a rebuttal to facebook being in the tank for the left? Good one! and in all of that list that's the one you chose to rebut?

It really just sounds like you're butt hurt that I ruined your "resist" mirage you'd built in your head. Imagine parroting the talking points of the HR department at every major corporation and thinking you're a revolutionary. You've imagined the "resist" folks.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Dfairlite

To be fair, wouldn't the Libertarian argument be that border states should be able to set their own immigration laws?

So by getting the Feds out of the equation, doesn't that sound like a more traditionally Conservative position?

Libertarians are supposed to believe in the constitution. That means the supremacy clause in in place, and immigration is legally the purview of the Federal government, the executive branch in particular.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

in their defense, most of them are just doing what the news told them to do, and think how they are told to think. You can tell when all they do is parrot the MSM.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Personally, I think this is a glimpse into a pretty damn serious problem. Its the new shape of propaganda, and even "war."

Plenty will call out the "resistance" as stupid, but the problem is that it affects all intelligences roughly equally. The determining factors tend to be behavioral.

Essentially every hot topic in this new religion is preceded by an abnormal and significant rise in media mentions. Lexis nexis has some interesting data on this, somewhat consolidated here.

We are seeing the new face of social engineering.

The "problem" is some of the typical, standard vectors of influence are falling out of favor (such as the colloquial MSM). We can probably expect to see proxies of some of these large conglomerates continue to decimate (specifically NOT destroy) many "alternative" media platforms. Enter: someone like carlos maza and the recent NYT article.

Projection is a very, very common human tendency. What happens when we turn it into an ideological foundation? A clusterduck of cultural von Neumann-esque replication and escalation.

They effectively subverted the type of mindset that precipitates change and novelty in society. Not only the shape the focus of the animus on very specific subjects, but also shape the form that change should take exactly. This also shapes the form of the conversation overall, effectively eliminating different approaches other than the "approved solution."

In a time where we are on the cusp of massive, massive change (due to our tools).. extreme measures were required in order to retain the same paradigm.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

To be fair, wouldn't the Libertarian argument be that border states should be able to set their own immigration laws?

So by getting the Feds out of the equation, doesn't that sound like a more traditionally Conservative position?

Libertarians are supposed to believe in the constitution. That means the supremacy clause in in place, and immigration is legally the purview of the Federal government, the executive branch in particular.

You beat me to it. It's amazing that people don't know what Libertarians are, or think that "States rights" mean the states should decide everything. Per the Constitution, the Federal government has authority over some specific matters, and the States have the rest. Immigration is one of the matters that's under the authority of the Federal government. Immigration and "sanctuary" policies isn't a State's rights issue. States that defy the Federal government on that are defying the Constitution.

This # isn't hard.
edit on 10 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You are the establishment.

Keep telling yourself that. Keep believing in the myth of a "liberal" media. That you think an elite NYC billionaire and the Republican party are anti-establishment should speak for itself for anyone that still has half a brain.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Anyone that thinks the DNC or GOP rank and file are the "Resistance" is an idiot. For the most part both parties are the same. And the elected officials of those parties have more in common with each other than the people they represent.

Regardless of if the Kochs back a Dem, they still represent one of the largest problems in this country. A 1% that ultimately has more power than the other 99%.

BTW: Since the Kochs have a long history of wanting the smallest government possible, using your own logic, doesn't this mean that the GOP are no longer the party that wants a limited government? I guess a large portion of Republican and Libertarian voters are now going to be voting D.

I agree. We have one party in this country. And it's NOT in favor of the American worker making the median wage.

So the essence of the thread is love the Koch brothers because......oh wait, no reason given.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

in their defense, most of them are just doing what the news told them to do, and think how they are told to think. You can tell when all they do is parrot the MSM.

Fox News conditioned you to say that.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I don't think the OP said anything like that. He's just pointing out that the democrats trying to lay claim to "the resistance" is a F#n joke.
edit on 6 10 2019 by underpass61 because: sp

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I don't think the OP said anything like that. He's just pointing out that the democrats trying to lay claim to "the resistance" is an F#n joke.

Some folks can't be bothered to actually read the OP.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

So let me get your logic straight. Having over one billion dollars AND being from NYC makes a person automatically part of "the establishment?" Which establishment is this person a part of?

Also, no I don't think the Republican party is anti-establishment. However, there are far more republicans that are anti-establishment than there are democrats, which was not the case 15 years ago.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Everyone taking part in the totalitarian tip toe is part of the establishment.

Left Right Left Right Left Right

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Yep. Fidelity to the constitution is the only, truly anti-establishment position.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

So let me get your logic straight. Having over one billion dollars AND being from NYC makes a person automatically part of "the establishment?"

Is that something that even has to be said?

YES. A resounding yes.

Good lord.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It all comes down to this,

"Great men do not seek power, they have power thrust upon them"

-KahLess, the Unforgettable.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I don't think the OP said anything like that. He's just pointing out that the democrats trying to lay claim to "the resistance" is an F#n joke.

The simple fact of the matter is that Republicans and conservatives by definition have always been the "establishment".

They represent the will to not change. The establishment doesn't want radical change. They want things to stay the same, which is why they are called the establishment.

es·tab·lish·ment
/əˈstabliSHmənt/
noun

the action of establishing something or being established.
a business organization, public institution, or household.
a group in a society exercising power and influence over matters of policy or taste, and seen as resisting change.
the ecclesiastical system organized by law

Link

As long as Republicans are the ones who fight a changing society, they will always be the establishment.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The simple fact of the matter is that Republicans and conservatives by definition have always been the "establishment".

Republicans are roughly half of the establishment. Democrats the other half. You'd be incredibly naive or delusional to think otherwise.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

So the fact that I don't want to conserve the current order makes me not a conservative then, right? I mean we're going with kindergarten understandings of words now, so I need you to recognize that I'm not what you think is a conservative.
edit on 10-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

a group in a society exercising power and influence over matters of policy or taste, and seen as resisting change. the ecclesiastical system organized by law

So the establishment is all of the organizations I listed in the OP... got it. So I guess you made my point for me. Thanks. You're not the resistance, you're the establishment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join