It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration will boost U.S. population by 100 million in 45 years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'm moving to canada

I'm sure they appreciate you speeding up the process even more.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm moving to canada

OMG - our borders are closed.

But that's inhumane.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm moving to canada

I'm sure they appreciate you speeding up the process even more.

Oh dont worry about it.
With Fukushima killing us.
Global warming killing us.
The coming economic collapse.

We will all be dead before 2040...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Not me, 4 out of 5 doctors say we're all gonna die at some point but I use the other guy.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Scapegrace
Progressives, I have a question for you: How do you reconcile your support for immigration with your fear of anthropogenic global warming (which I, too, believe is real and dangerous)?

Having public policies preventing immigration in the first place is a much better way than just using the immigration issue for scapegoating in order to score cheap political points like the way most popular Republican politicians do.

Interesting. Do you favor reduced immigration, or believe it’s only somewhat better than scapegoating immigrants? The lesser of two evils in other words.

link   

edit on 10-6-2019 by Scapegrace because: quadruple post

link   

edit on 10-6-2019 by Scapegrace because: quadruple post

link   

edit on 10-6-2019 by Scapegrace because: Quadruple post

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
@Blunt...Interesting isn't it, that one's perspective does a complete 180 when it becomes personal?
edit on 16CDT10America/Chicago035101030 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 16CDT10America/Chicago035101030 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Understand that at the current rate of migrant inflow to the US from third world countries, which is One Million a year, the US will cease to be.

The Chicoms and the Russians must be having a good laugh at US expense as they see wave after wave of diseased and hostile third worlders overwhelm US authorities. This is the surest way to destroy the US by far. And of course, its not just the Chicoms and the Russians who are laughing, so are the Minnesota Somali's and ther burka wearing Representative.

If you are in the US its a good time to be 65 and over...........you will die before the worst and most violent part of the ultimate collapse.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Hrmm... well I've seen other studies showing population shrinkage.

We may need those immigrants in order to maintain population levels. How else is the government gonna collect taxes?

www.brookings.edu...

This was emphasized this week as the U.S. Census Bureau released its population change estimates for the year ending in July 2018. Their data show that the national rate of population growth is at its lowest since 1937, a result of declines in the number of births, gains in the number of deaths, and that the nation’s under age 18 population has declined since the 2010 census. This is on the heels of recently released data showing geographic mobility within the U.S. is at a historic low. And while some states—particularly in the Mountain West—are growing rapidly, nearly a fifth of all states displayed absolute population losses over the past two years.

I would welcome a population decline, though I doubt that’s gonna happen. We’re already the third most populous nation in the world. In 1960, when I was 4 years old, we had 180 million people. Now we have 326 million. How many do you think would be ideal? Remember, Americans consume more resources and create more greenhouse gases per capita than anyone.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
These groups are known for having way more children. Then they can handle or what society can handle.

It's a major factor why the are leaving their countries.
Its over populated.

And the study is off they will bread much more the being projected

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

my family came here from Italy, I tend to have a much more positive view on legal immigrants and their beneficial impact on the country.

I grew up in Italy; its one of the most beautiful and civilized places on earth, second maybe only to Switzerland.

So how is that decison by your family to leave Italy looking now?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
These groups are known for having way more children. Then they can handle or what society can handle.

It's a major factor why the are leaving their countries.
Its over populated.

And the study is off they will bread much more the being projected

It has been proven time and time again that women with access to education, birth control and prosperity have less children.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I can tell you a few facts for 45 years from now.

1. I'll be dead.
2. Zombie Apocalypse for sure within that 45 years. Or Plague. Or Bird Flu. So population won't be an issue.
3. Flying cars.

And I always imagined that PEW Research was the study of flatulence.

Robert Zemeckis thought the same thing. The flying cars were replaced by over advanced cars that break too easy because the only manual thing you have to do is climb inside and push a button.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Abstinence? I haven't heard that word in at least a decade. All I hear about is irresponsibly getting pregnant and being able to choose killing the result up to and during birth.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I live in West U.S. The Guatemala drought that provides the immigration impetus is projected to spread North. Mexico will be in drought, then California's San Joaquin Valley, and upward. I might need Saskatchewan for my daily bread. I certainly hope there are no oil sands under the wheat fields.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
hmmm immigrants…??????? name one white who issent an (former) immigrant

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

The U.S. economy was built upon the notion of growth is king; bigger, better, more, up, up, up.

More products require more consumers. More jobs requires more employees. Stock market up means more value. Up, up, up. Sustainability is therefore anathema to market increases. It's as simple as that.

Throw in some good old time religion: "The God requires humans to procreate and fill the World to overflowing. Break wild nature; control, control, tame or kill."

Demonize birth control. That's the answer.

The truth is: Our economic fetish for growth is killing us. USA! USA! USA!

I agree with most of your points, perhaps even all of them, and yet I consider myself a conservative.

I have long believed our future depends on getting firmly established in outer space and exploiting the immense resources of near earth objects. It would be a natural progression for the U.S. economy and our society, which isn’t long removed from the Robber Barons and Manifest Destiny. Fortunately, our aerospace industry is far and away the best on Earth, and our business people are good at calculated risk taking. I apologize for getting so off topic.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: InTheLight

I live in West U.S. The Guatemala drought that provides the immigration impetus is projected to spread North. Mexico will be in drought, then California's San Joaquin Valley, and upward. I might need Saskatchewan for my daily bread. I certainly hope there are no oil sands under the wheat fields.

There are oil sands in specific locations in Saskatchewan but 80% are too deep to get at...for now.
edit on 16CDT11America/Chicago004111130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join