It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Thread for NHS discussion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Must be a celtic supporter as from what I remember they where usually the ones who needed the NHS after a fitba match. Nae botha jimmy.

I would love to hear ya spouting that pish in a pup down the gorbals....just see how long you last.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Best you look up definition of hater in urban dictionary.

What are you 80.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Must be a celtic supporter as from what I remember they where usually the ones who needed the NHS after a fitba match. Nae botha jimmy.

I would love to hear ya spouting that pish in a pup down the gorbals....just see how long you last.

Been there and still got a virgin straight nose and all my teeth. Unlike most who try it sunshine.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

So you wait a little- so what. Your problems not with your health care service its with immigration for overpopulating the system. Isn't it.

If anything is " overpopulating the system" it is simply the fact that the UK has many, many more elderly people these days who obviously require a lot more in the way of healthcare.

Immigration is not causing any of this, in fact the NHS does rely on a lot of "immigrant" workers of many descriptions.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Been there and still got a virgin straight nose and all my teeth. Unlike most who try it sunshine.

Probably because like most online cowards your not going to walk into a Celtic supporters club and spout that kind of pish.

Also you're about as Scottish as Mel Gibson.
edit on 11-6-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

See where you are coming from and thanks for the full explanation of the locums, seems are pretty expensive thing for the NHS to be paying for. Maybe we should just bring in loads more docs from the Commonwealth countries and fill the gaps to keep the costs down and channel the aved dosh into areas of the NHS that need it

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Probably because like most online cowards your not going to walk into a Celtic supporters club and spout that kind of pish.

Coward! - awae ya go ya mug yae.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

So you wait a little- so what. Your problems not with your health care service its with immigration for overpopulating the system. Isn't it.

If anything is " overpopulating the system" it is simply the fact that the UK has many, many more elderly people these days who obviously require a lot more in the way of healthcare.

Immigration is not causing any of this, in fact the NHS does rely on a lot of "immigrant" workers of many descriptions.

Fair enough.

Im out before i say something that'll get me banned. Not at you.
edit on 11-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Up yer clunge!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Coward! - awae ya go ya mug yae.

You're fake Scottish patter needs some work ya absolute foosty minge sniffer.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

What, there is not more elderly people in the UK now? The NHS does not rely on immigrant labour? You disagree with any of that?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Fair enough.

Im out before i say something that'll get me banned. Not at you.

Thanks for the clarification. Calm down, we've all had a drink..........

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

What are you 80.

No, but my balls have dropped.

If you think that is hatred my friend then I think you are in for a hell of a rude awakening if you ever venture out of your parents basement and into the big bad world out there.

If snowflakes are truly representative of the kind of people we are producing nowadays I really do despair for the future.

That's my say on things....trading primary school insults whilst initially mildly entertaining it does bore me after about a minute and really isn't becoming and certainly isn't of the standard ATS used to insist on.

I like the NHS, it should be better...it certainly could be better.
Due to the difficulties in getting training and our poor education system we do rely on foreigners to fill positions in the NHS.
It's my experience they are just as diligent as those working in the NHS who were born in Britain.

The NHS is still better than most other country's alternatives.

Over to you.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

British as we all know tried to concour the world - so in reality all threads are uk threads after all we're all descendants of british tyranny and occupation from way back.

That’s possibly one of the most idiotic things I’ve read on this site, and that’s really saying something.

Why?

How many countries in this world not flying the union jack on their flag are doing so without paying for their independence monetarily or with blood for running them out. You could count em on two hands.

Best you go back to your tennants lager and your fitba so you can really punish your mental health and then wait your turn for your overwhelmed NHS to medicate you back to normal.

You have no idea.

Did the British concour (correctly spelt conquer)the South American countries? Did the British conquer the many European countries who also had their own colonies and aspirations of empire? Such as Spain, France, Holland, Germany and Portugal? What about Russia and it’s satalites? So much for your statement about counting the countries on two hands. Also if Britain didn’t build its empire another country would have in its place.

If you consider yourself the definition of normal I’ll be staying well away from those NHS medications. Learn some history and grow up.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
We spend way too little on health care in this country.

If we want a better healthcare system we have to pay for it.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Far too much money is in the hands of far too few people.
Address that then we'll be able to start addressing many of our other issues.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ScepticScot

Far too much money is in the hands of far too few people.
Address that then we'll be able to start addressing many of our other issues.

No argument there from me.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

"A woman goes into labor with her child. The doctor says that they have invented a new device to transfer the pain of childbirth to the father.

He asks if it is ok to use the new device. The couple agrees and so he turns the pain to the father to 10%.

The man feels nothing.

They then bump it up to 20%.

He still feels nothing.

They keep doing this until they have the machine up to 100%. The man still felt nothing so they go home happy until they find the milkman dead on the porch."

I thought the odd doctor joke would not go amiss in this thread.
edit on 11-6-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I get discounts too and work for a State not for profit hospital. The for profit hospital next door pays more and actually charges a lot less on most things.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Love it. Millenials and up probably won't get it though, which makes me sad.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join