It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exquisite Koi Pond

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh how lovely! I love flowers, they just add to the beauty of the fish pond! Sorry you lost your little fish to a predator though. Thank you for sharing your pics!

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I was surprised Ketsuko was a Grandmother too! Looks so young and she is a beautiful lady.

Hugs for you too Sweetie!

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

Sounds so beautiful! Why don't you have it anymore? The bullfrog must have been cool to see. Lol!

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh no, I'm not a grandmother! Not yet. Hopefully not for a long while since my kiddo is 8. LOL.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Oooops, sorry, I meant CynCocepts. LOL

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

the only thing I can't believe, if thats you in the first pic, is that you are a grandmother..

Haha! That was 9 years ago but I started family life young at 19 years of age. Definitely best thing I ever did. Able to enjoy life after children grown and have the energy to play with all 3 of my active grandsons, ages 9,8, and 6!

As far as pond project, google and DIY videos were my friend in finding thrifty ways to make my vision come true. Plants and trees all absconded from ditches or family lakes. They really expand and easy to divide to plant in other areas or give to others.

I actually had folks who wanted to pay me to make their ponds, but it was a lot of hard physical work and time. I would find it too stressful to make for others.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I hope to have a koi pond one day. They are beautiful and they can live a lot longer than other fish. And in cool temperatures apparently.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I keep forgetting to tell you how much I love your avatar! Awesome!!!!!

DIY vids are very informative and helpful. You learn a lot by watching them.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I hope you do get one Lone!

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Beautiful pics, Cyn. I miss the forest and nature, as I live in a city these days. Beatific flowers.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Oh no......I had to turn off the video, the gold fish were watching. That is all I need is to have them bugging me about building them a place like that.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Bahaha! You can do it, I know you can.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Thank you. Most probably don't realize that my actual face is photoshopped into my avatars to personalize them for myself. Your elfen avatar would be a perfect one for doing something like that too. But I won't duplicate yours. Haha.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

Beautiful pics, Cyn. I miss the forest and nature, as I live in a city these days. Beatific flowers.

Get creative indoors then! You can have more variety since it is temperature controlled. Look at Ketsuko posts they can be very inspiring in realizing there is always a way to create nature, no matter where you reside...even if you are in a tiny apartment! Potted ferns, caladiums, spider plants, palms, flowers (Begonias have gorgeous shade flowers),around a tub of water can provide an amazing space of forest and nature.

Google shade loving flowers and plants, if you do not have a sunny location in your apartment. It may truly inspire you that you can have your city and nature too.
edit on 6 11 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

Edit add: a simple oversized mural on a back wall or corner will even create the illusion that your relaxing spot is bigger than it is too.
edit on 6 11 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

This is true. You can put a betta in a container that holds between 5 and 10 gallons and leave the top open. That's a pond. There are also fish small enough to live in such containers like ember tetras, galaxy raspboras, several kinds of shrimp like cherry shrimp which are bright red.

Do your research and you can easily do a small indoor container pond.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Wow, I wondered if that was your face in the avatar. How cool! I wouldn't want my face in my avatar. Maybe if I had a better face. LOL

I loved your suggestions to Lone. I have plants and herbs all over my house. I also have big vases of silk flowers that people always think are real.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I love bettas! They have different breeds of them and they are just gorgeous! I haven't had one in a while and am overdue. I used to put live aquatic plants in with them.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It's just fish and coral, it's well established as it's been around for about 10 years, and it pretty well looks after itself now. Clean the skimmer cup out every now and then and thats pretty much it.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Thanks for the suggestions, Cyn.
I'm always so busy, between work and my artistic endeavors, that I have little time to manage much in the way of plant and animal life. I would like to get some fish of some kind sometime however, and definitely some easy-to-manage plants. There are also parks I plan to visit more often too.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Homefree

Sounds so beautiful! Why don't you have it anymore? The bullfrog must have been cool to see. Lol!

Sold the property. The pond helped seal the deal.
I plan on building another when the situation allows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join