It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When leftists lose again in 2020. . . . . Civil War against the party of Hate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: DBCowboy

There aren't enough to wage any kind of war outside of that which is already waged.

We are talking about the fringe of the left. 10% of our population max.

What percentage of the population fought in the last civil war?

If my Googles are correct, the answer would be 10.2%.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You are probably right.

Several states have already put into place laws that would negate the Electoral College and would precipitate a Supreme Court ruling on the election.

But even if that's the case. . . . . Trump would still be president until the decision was made, wouldn't he?

What if Trump actually won the national popular vote in 2020 even by just a small number? Would those democratic states who signed the national popular vote pact actually give their votes to him or put up a fight that the voting is not right?

They way things are going it looks like that is exactly how things will happen. The clueless dems have no idea (again) what they are asking for. It will be hilarious to watch them try to walk back all their "popular vote" BS.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

answers.yahoo.com... YWdlK29mK3RoZStVUytwb3B1bGF0aW9uK2ZvdWdodCtpbit0aGUrY2l2aWwrd2FyJTNGJmZvcm09RUROVEhOJm1rdD1lbi11cyZodHRwc21zbj0xJnBsdmFyPTAmcmVmaWc9NmYzYTVlZmE5ZDJkND M1NGY0ZDRkMTE1MGY4OTYzZDQmUEM9SENUUyZzcD0tMSZwcT13aGF0K3BlcmNlbnRhZ2Urb2YrdGhlK3VzK3BvcHVsYXRpb24rZm91Z2h0K2luK3RoZStjaXZpbCt3YXIlM0Ymc2M9MC02MSZxcz1u JnNrPSZjdmlkPTZmM2E1ZWZhOWQyZDQzNTRmNGQ0ZDExNTBmODk2M2Q0&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAopJbqXVzsqYau0YBItEoD0uUUUoXKNUasFKr6jWQ2CUOAUv_0-uADae9B6TtjF1wIpQ1P ktMhkXITGS93EePRmTPPldqQhbWrQgps874VovSdGtsNTNkZAnb2Uyl-WZV-hXLTPMU6qqdHS0ibrcO2nQwLhEz4pWqnfKwxk5Wco

About double, from this link

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

At the end of the rifle, though. Its not like the civil war was a bunch of zealots...it was pawns only.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

"Normal Americans" try our best to ignore the morons of the hardcore, extremist left and right. They are vocal minorities who do not speak for normal Americans. They are all nut jobs and need to be committed due to their political mental disorders. Doesn't matter if they are left or right, they are definitely mentally disturbed.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

At the end of the rifle, though. Its not like the civil war was a bunch of zealots...it was pawns only.

All it takes is just a few dedicated extremists to start a war.

It's usually left to the rest of us to end it.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

"Normal Americans" try our best to ignore the morons of the hardcore, extremist left and right. They are vocal minorities who do not speak for normal Americans. They are all nut jobs and need to be committed due to their political mental disorders. Doesn't matter if they are left or right, they are definitely mentally disturbed.

Complacency gets you in trouble.

While you're busy thinking yourself above the fray and superior for it, they go and get things done that suddenly make it impossible for you to go about your business.

Consider the authoritarian Green New Deal, for example. If enacted as envisioned, you'd be going about your day and suddenly have a bunch of schlubs show up at your door and turn you out while they forcibly "update" your home in whatever ways deemed necessary by government to make compliant whether or not you want it and whether or not it's convenient for you to have workers scrambling all over the through your home at that point in time.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Consider the authoritarian Green New Deal, for example. If enacted as envisioned, you'd be going about your day and suddenly have a bunch of schlubs show up at your door and turn you out while they forcibly "update" your home in whatever ways deemed necessary by government to make compliant whether or not you want it and whether or not it's convenient for you to have workers scrambling all over the through your home at that point in time.

as much as I dislike A.O.C and her agenda, you are absolutely wrong and very ignorant to the subject. The green new deal provides goverment investing and funding for private citizens to transform their homes, not mandatory in this specific piece of legislation.

Also, it calls for all buildings to be upgraded for "energy efficiency, water efficiency, safety, affordability, comfort, and durability." Again, this is not mandatory for private citizens, this claus was actually intended for public buildings.

And last, the piece of legislation does not call for a ban on airplanes, it calls for subsidization and incentives for commuters to use high-speed transit that is energy-efficient.

You telling everyone these "schlubs" are gonna come and "forcefully and mandatory" update your home is not only misleading but dangerous. It's doom politics and doesn't help create an atmosphere of collaboration. I think the best argument against the green new deal is it will cost us a very shiny penny and do absolutely nothing in the sense of decreasing green house has emissions into the atmosphere. Because according to statistics, which members have posted countless times in countless threads, the biggest emitters of CO2 is China and India, with America making huge gains in decreasing yearly emissions. Another argument you could possibly make is that this legislation would hurt our economy when corporations are faced with new regulations.

My only recommendation, though i do not agree with doing it, is to set a carbon tax. A carbon tax > Green New Deal. Instead of wasting money with subsidization and funding, tax people/corporations on the amount of CO2 they emit. If you drive a Prius, you'll pay $100 extra at the end of the year. If you're the owner of JetBlue, you'll be paying $5,000,000 extra at the end of the year. Wouldn't that be an easier and straight-forward answer to solving this question?
edit on 10-6-2019 by JoeGee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

The Green New Deal would give government sweeping powers and authority over private business, private individuals.

If enacted, it would be a bullet in the skull of freedom.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Sorry I edited my quote while you were replying (for all fairness):

*EDITED TO ADD*

My only recommendation, though i do not agree with doing it, is to set a carbon tax. A carbon tax > Green New Deal. Instead of wasting money with subsidization and funding, tax people/corporations on the amount of CO2 they emit. If you drive a Prius, you'll pay $100 extra at the end of the year. If you're the owner of JetBlue, you'll be paying $5,000,000 extra at the end of the year. Wouldn't that be an easier and straight-forward answer to solving this question?

--------------

The Green New Deal would give government sweeping powers and authority over private business, private individuals.

If enacted, it would be a bullet in the skull of freedom.

I agree with you, I am not in favor of more regulation. It would only hurt our economy and put us at a disadvantage, especially against China 2025.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The ONLY way you could convince me of entertaining any new tax or a raise in taxes, is if you could show me that the government is spending the money they currently take from us, wisely.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The ONLY way you could convince me of entertaining any new tax or a raise in taxes, is if you could show me that the government is spending the money they currently take from us, wisely.

I love when libertarians say things like this (not assuming you are, but this is a talking point for libertarians). Do you like when the firefighters show up to your house when there is a fire? Or when the police show up when there is a burglary? You seem to enjoy the benefits of the government, yet don't like paying for those benefits? Would you rather have a police force and no fire department? If you want these benefits in life, someone has to pay for them. Otherwise you can buy a little deep water oil well, call it the Principality of Sealand, and not levy any taxes on your inhabitants. Good luck fixing up your island though :/

Or how about when a lot of my Republican collegues call for border security from the DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY. Who pays for them? You think you'll get more border agents if you say no to raising your taxes? Who's going to pay for them?

Again, there's nothing in the Green New Deal that compels you as an individual. If I were you, I'd be more pissed off about Social Security. I don't know how old you are, but I'm half way to my retirement age. Projection shows there will be more old people in America taking from Social Security, than there is young people in America paying into social security. People are not having kids nearly as much as the baby boomers did. We are headed for a different major crisis in America, circa 2050.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
But I think we can definitely agree on one thing. The Democrats have us on a path of destruction since the rise of the democratic party in the 1940's with Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
It's so funny watching our American right leaning members imploding on here, now even threatening death to there fellow country men, then saying that they are not triggered, and not B.M.W. (bitchin, moaning, and whining) about it all.
No wonder America has so many shootings, it's because so many of you live in fear of a "leftist" bogeyman or bogeyman who is transitioning to a bogeywoman or bogeyman of colour.
The way you are all screaming about "lefties" on here, somebody only has to say boo to you lot, and your heads will explode.
I'm glad you're just a small number of lunatics, otherwise America would wipe itself out from propaganda from Russia, China, and the 24hr left and right not-news but opinion channels.
If you're going round talking politics to each other like this, can't you see you pushing each other over the edge?

The right has been extremely tolerant of the lefts constant 24/7 dumbass BS and Americans are sick and tired of the lefts sniveling nonsense. The left hasn’t done a GD thing for this country since Trump was elected, NOTHING, with the exception of impeding progress that the majority of this country wants. The left is constantly going against the will of the people and it’s to the point that they need to just STFU and get out of the way so the rest of us can move forward. They didn’t get their way in 2016 and they’ve done nothing but act like a bunch of preschool crybabies since. We’ve had enough of their whining and sniveling BS, just STFU already.

That’s the way I and many others see it anyways. YMMV

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What we’re seeing now is a lot bigger than just the left, it’s about the deep state that’s trying to control everything to do with this country and others. The people intelligent enough to see this for what it is are afraid of the end results if they achieve their goals and they’re afraid for a damn good reason. It would mean adios to this country as we know it and the majority of Americans don’t want this. So yeah, for many of us, there is a reason for us to have great concern.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Is government spending our tax dollars wisely?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow, the alt right is seriously deluded these days. It's comical.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Well someone has passed the alarmist test.

Who cares a lot? When my favorite football teams loses, I get cranky when they lose, only because they 'made mistakes and cost them the game, I don't attack the opposing team for winning.

political fanaticsism is out of control, when Tom Brady got sacked in the Superbowl and cost them the game, I didn't blame the Eagles for making the sack.

People need to chill the eff out when it comes to politics, just enjoy the game.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Is government spending our tax dollars wisely?

Well, when I look around me, and my garbage is picked up 3 times a week, I have a school I can send my daughter to for free, the snow is plowed when there is a snow storm, roads are rebuilt, natural gas lines being run in the street for home oil-gas conversions, electrical lines being brought to homes to remove the need of generators, so on and so forth..Yeah, I would definitely say our tax dollars are spent wisely.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join