It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fishing Is Now Under Attack By PETA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Dear PETA,

kindly go f**k yourselves

regards,

AP

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I actually agree with PETA in principle, animals are sentient and should be treated ethically, backed by sufficient regulations to prevent cruelty and suffering.
Having said that the way these organisations like PETA operate is extremist and unbalanced.
They end up alienating a large percentage of potential supporters with the tactics they employ, ultimately doing more harm than good by undermining the progress that has been made in animal welfare.
Recently in Australia one of these groups staged a protest where they stopped peak hour traffic, chanted slogans and waved signs at some severely ticked off motorists.
All this achieved was a ton of negative publicity for animal welfare advocates as a whole because unfortunately the good get lumped in with the bad.
By employing these illegal and/or extremist tactics they are only damaging the good work done by more legitimate, effective campaigners.

edit on 9-6-2019 by BlackIbanez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackIbanez

If they were sentient.

They wouldn't get caught.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

One of my favourite pastimes is fishing where I usually run out of beer before bait & catching an actual fish is a massive bonus - but when I do catch one, I eat it.

This will continue to be one of my favourite pastimes regardless of what these #wits say.

PETA are pathetic.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
one of my favorite things to do to unwind from the stressors of everyday life, is to pull up a chair riverside, toss a line in, pop open a beer and just fish all day. So help me God peta, if you try to take that away, we are going to have problems.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

If they were sentient.

They wouldn't get caught.

Yes, well I'm sure that makes sense to you somehow...
Have you ever owned a dog?

Definition of sentient: able to perceive or feel things.

Every dog Ive owned has absolutely been able to perceive and feel happiness, sadness, pain, loneliness, loss and many of the same things that we do.

Many animals are the same, sentient creatures that deserve to live their lives without being subjected to unnecessary pain and anguish.
I'm certainly not saying they should have the same rights as people but they deserve protection from the worst kinds of treatment by subhuman mouth breathers.
* Just to clarify, I have no issues with individuals fishing, especially if it's to catch dinner!
edit on 9-6-2019 by BlackIbanez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Ok fish whisperer.

I guess it's too much to ask for people to stop trying to anthropomorphize rocks,trees, and the fisheys in the sea.
edit on 9-6-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
If you give a man a fish and you feed him for a day .
If you teach the man to fish feed him for life.

I prefer this quote...

Build a fire for a man and he will be warm for the night.

Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Your sense of humor is as screwed up as mine so I thought you would like it.

For the rest of you.... whatever.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
one of my favorite things to do to unwind from the stressors of everyday life, is to pull up a chair riverside, toss a line in, pop open a beer and just fish all day. So help me God peta, if you try to take that away, we are going to have problems.

You can take my fishing pole from my cold dead hands!!!!

Seriously though... if PETA shows up at my place I will just shoot them (which I can legally do here) and feed them to the fish.

Win/Win!

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The fishermen missed an excellent opportunity to baptize someone.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
While I agree catch & release fishing is complete BS that should not be encouraged, fishing with the goal of eating what you reel in is fine by me. MANY of our trips to the beach as a kid were punctuated with my dad going down the beach to the fishing spot and tossing the line out. My brothers and I sometimes joined him. I ALWAYS dug up the sand fleas (Emerita) at the shore that he used for bait, FL fish always went for those. Never used a lure in my life down there, those things were a solid guarantee to catch something.

And we always ate what we caught, usually the same day and as soon as we got home if the beach grills were occupied. Nothing like eating a fresh snapper right out of the water and slapped on the grill up the beach, good eatin' is GOOD
Caught many flounder and sheepshead that way, too, and they were also delicious on the grill.

Small ones always got tossed back if we had the misfortune of reeling one in, but if we'd ever played catch & release out there, my dad would have clocked us. "It's mean, and a wasted effort if you're not eating it. Don't ever let me catch you catch & releasing!"

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yep that was funny.

The punchline caught me completely offguard . Lol

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I agree.

The whole concept of catch and release is actually pretty cruel.

I fish to eat them.

Sport fishing I consider as bad a sport hunting.

Eat what you kill isn't a hard concept.

ETA.. and God forbid we teach our children to be self-reliant...

edit on 9-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Ok fish whisperer.

I guess it's too much to ask for people to stop trying to anthropomorphize rocks,trees, and the fisheys in the sea.

See, look at it here.. This is the entire problem. Black put forward an entirely well considered post on the subject, to get what.. called fish whisperer.

UGG UGG me eat meat in front of puny peta man hur hurr. Me show him...

Teach a man to fish, he's fed for a day..
Give a man a carton of beer and a rod, he'll not care if he catches a fish, he'll head home drunk and eat the excess of bacon in his freezer..

Just fyi, I fish... but ignore that, under the clown mask is a closet peta terrorist, surely.. as i dont like to torture dumb animals.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I don't get PETA. If everyone just ate vegetables there would be a food shortage. Do you know how many vegetables you would have to eat each day to get to 2000 calories? The answer is pounds. Tens of thousands die everyday from starvation, including human babies. Killing stuff sucks but it has to be done until we are able to make fake meat that tastes like the real thing, only then would it make a little more sense. Plus it would have to be made on a mass scale too. In fact PETA should start a fake meat company to speed up the not having to kill stuff train instead of looking like assholes all the time.
edit on 9-6-2019 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

some of your sayings crack me up

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

It would only be considered a well thought out reply if you kill and eat dogs.

Every dog Ive owned has absolutely been able to perceive and feel happiness, sadness, pain, loneliness, loss and many of the same things that we do.

I don't think I've ever caught a trout and just sat there, thinking if they perceive and feel happiness. pain, loneliness, loss and many of the same things that we do.

I know my dogs do.

So next time I pull a carrot from my garden do I need to sit there, thinking if they perceive and feel happiness. pain, loneliness, loss and many of the same things that we do?

Always of course thinking that the people fighting for this are the same people that snuff out a kid in the womb with no regret.

~Shrug~

edit on 9-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Yep that was funny.

The punchline caught me completely offguard . Lol

That's why it's funny.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

PETA issued a warning, two days ago

Meh.

They have no real power.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
When I go fishing, if I get a legal fish, I bring it home and cook it. I hate when I get a brookie that is six inches and the minimum size is seven inches and it swallows the hook. I have to throw it back knowing it will die, a life wasted. I used to take them as part of my limit when I was younger, but now the fine is really high. So I toss them back and feel bad.

I try to pay attention so I can set the hook before they swallow the hook, but it does not always happen. Fish do feel pain, they are also half way intelligent. I used to have a sucker as a friend when I was young, it would come to me when I went fishing at the lake for about three years. But it eventually died, I fed that fish a lot of worms, it was my friend.

I know they cannot redo the laws, the minimum size needs to stand or people will take everything. But it does not mean I should not feel bad when one swallows the hook.

Fishing is my favorite sport, I have taught my kids and some of my grandkids to fish so if things go bad, they can provide for their families. PETA can kiss my .............
edit on 9-6-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join