It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About That "Bad" Economic Data We Saw Friday

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

All ties in with the general Pluto in Capricorn effects 😎

Exposures to: 💥The💥Sun💥Burn💥

John "No Bull" Durham:
"My Assignment is to get all these Bastards"

edit on Jun-11-2019 by xuenchen because: 🍌bananaMob/MSM🍌

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: chr0naut

Or we could just look at where you are coming from...

New Zealand's unemployment rate fell to 4.2 percent in the first quarter of 2019 from 4.3 percent in the previous period, matching market expectations and close to its 10-year low. Unemployment Rate in New Zealand averaged 6.01 percent from 1985 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 11.20 percent in the third quarter of 1991 and a record low of 3.30 percent in the fourth quarter of 2007.

So your unemployment rate is higher than ours and the total population on your island is less than some of our cities here.

Glass houses and all that...

I never made any spurious claims.

Our unemployment rate right now (4.2%) is the same as your unemployment rate in September 2017, nine months after Trump was elected.

In November 2018, New Zealand's unemployment rate was 3.9% actual, the same as the US rate (3.9%) was in April the same year.

Who knew that Trump would make New Zealand Great Again! You're welcome

It is obvious that he didn't... in the US, either.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I see desperation is steroidal controlled 😎

Do you? I'd love to see those studies. Please post links.

I have observed that some control their desperation through obsessive/compulsive behaviors.

So, quick, post an irrelevant pop tune, a vaping .gif and wave that flag harder, while typing "reeeeeeeeeeeeee"!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Who said there were any "studies" ?

You are the *.."study"..*

An excellent failed laboratory experiment 😎

This will keep you "occupied" for at least 4 hours.....

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: Lumenari

Or we could just look at where you are coming from...

New Zealand's unemployment rate fell to 4.2 percent in the first quarter of 2019 from 4.3 percent in the previous period, matching market expectations and close to its 10-year low. Unemployment Rate in New Zealand averaged 6.01 percent from 1985 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 11.20 percent in the third quarter of 1991 and a record low of 3.30 percent in the fourth quarter of 2007.

So your unemployment rate is higher than ours and the total population on your island is less than some of our cities here.

Glass houses and all that...

I never made any spurious claims.

Our unemployment rate right now (4.2%) is the same as your unemployment rate in September 2017, nine months after Trump was elected.

In November 2018, New Zealand's unemployment rate was 3.9% actual, the same as the US rate (3.9%) was in April the same year.

Who knew that Trump would make New Zealand Great Again! You're welcome

It is obvious that he didn't... in the US, either.

Only, he did.
So there’s that.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

One more in case you're confused and befuddled ....

"The Ballad of the 5-Eyes ....

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

GDP growth is happening, since slowing right down in 2016, but it has been gradual, not spectacular.

2018 was the first year of 3%+ GDP growth since 2005.

No, the overall economic growth rate was better in 2017 according to the Congressional Budget Office.

2017:
Unemployment: 4.1%
Wage Growth: 3.0
Jobs created: 2.1M
GDP Growth: 2.6%
Inflation: 2.1%

2018:
Unemployment: 3.9%
Wage Growth: 3.2%
Jobs created: 2.6M
GDP Growth: 3.1%%
Inflation: 1.9%

How could it? [govt shutdown grow economy]

I'll let you figure that one out. The numbers say it had zero or a net positive effect.

Me: Inflation is dropping, not rising.

You: Just no.

Take a look at the numbers. If you want a higher resolution picture, look at monthly numbers. The trend is clearly down right now.

No, Trump instigated some stiff tariffs which changed the situation by hundreds of billions of dollars.

Yes, 25% on steel, 10% on aluminum in april of 2018 (over a year ago). The price of both today is practically identical to the day he started those tariffs. They're actually lower prices than they were in 2012.

Then he instituted a 25% tariff on 100 billion dollars worth of chinese goods in august of 2018. What are you buying now that is costing you way more than in July of 2018?

The tariffs imposed by Trump will cause equivalent action on the US domestic economy. Everything imported will cost a fortune and in that market, American businesses, unconstrained by trade, will put their prices up. Without question.

Keep telling yourself that. The fact is, we're a year into this trade war and prices are decreasing overall, not increasing as evidenced by the monthly inflation numbers. In fact, inflation peaked in july, before the major tariffs on china took effect. They have only gotten worse since then and inflation has been declining.

No. 2017 was great, 2018 started slowing, 2019 even slower. Still improving, but decelerating.

You seem to not be able to read the chart I posted in the OP, it disproves this.

Sears, GoPro, FitBit, Remington, Neiman Marcus, Payless, Home Depot, Macy's, Subway, Burger King, Victoria's Secret, David's Bridal, Tesla Stores, Guitar Center, Home Depot, GNC & Starbucks - all closed or failing... and that was before the tariffs were raised.

LMAO, this is great. This is the old fling poo against the wall and see what sticks. Just to point out how ridiculous this is, apparently the investors in Home Depot didn't get the memo they were closed or failing. Their stock is near all time highs. Now contrast that with GNC. Their stock went from $50 to $11 before trump was inaugurated. They were dying long before trump and have continued dying since. Nothing to do with tariffs.

One other point, Only one or two of the businesses you listed are reliant on chinese goods so the rest are not really affected by tariffs. So to blame tariffs for their demise is just hilarious.

This year is what did them in. Sure, there are 1,000 reasons, but things are NOT booming.

LOL, what does booming look like to you? Honest question, because from where I sit everything seems to be booming. Even during a booming economy stores close. That's what competition does.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Thank you 👍

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Not that middle american can see. Interviews in trump land reveal that the people do not see any improvement in their daily lives.

Ask the people of Trenton Michigan. Where the factories are still closed down and the windows are all broken out of the plants.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

This is so wrong. This is why you can't rely on the fake news media to give you your information. They'll find the exception and tout it as much as they can to mislead you. Even CNN polling shows people think the economy is doing great. Unless you think 60% of the country is just the old rich white folks. Consumer confidence is right around 100, compared with the 70's and 80's throughout most of obama's tenure. It's a bald faced lie to claim people don't think the economy is good.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Honestly i think we have major systemtic issues but it has drastically improved from 2015+

<< 1  2   >>

join