It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter Backflip Video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have been searching everywhere and cannot find the video of the, Apache I think, pulling off a backflip, does anyone have this video, and/or the video of the comanche.

On another note, Integurl, any predictions on when the next 'black' aircraft will be unvieled to the public. How ong has it been, almost 20 yrs since the b2?

Train

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain
On another note, Integurl, any predictions on when the next 'black' aircraft will be unvieled to the public. How ong has it been, almost 20 yrs since the b2?

What kind of question is that? How would she know.

I dont think the B-2 was the last one. What about DarkStar or Bird of Prey.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The only helicopter I have seen doing a "backflip" is the Lynx. It is also, I believe, the fastest.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I have seen footage of an Apache Performing a "loop" and i believe i have seen it performed personally. I have a link to a large database on all variants of the Apache. (i am new to ATS and i do not know if i can get into trouble for this) but here it is..
www.fas.org...
I searched the net and could not find video of the loop.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

i am new to ATS and i do not know if i can get into trouble for this

Get wrong for what?
Posting a link to info! Course not, thats how people back up stories and such. With links to the sources.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOCKBA 1181
I have seen footage of an Apache Performing a "loop" and i believe i have seen it performed personally. I have a link to a large database on all variants of the Apache. (i am new to ATS and i do not know if i can get into trouble for this) but here it is..
www.fas.org...
I searched the net and could not find video of the loop.

The link you provided is to the British version of the Apache.

I have never heard of any doing a loop, but i will try and get confirmation of some kind from my son.(he is involved with the Apache)

The only heli i saw do a loop, was the lynx, and yes, it can out run an Apache, and is a lot faster.

The Army Air Corp has a saying about the Apache. Its just a slow Lynx with a body kit strapped to it.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The Apache Longbow performed a series of loops and rolls, hammerhead stalls and split-S maneuvers at full mission gross weights. Boeing pilots also reported that the AH-64D performed better during the aerobatic tests than its predecessor, the combat-proven AH-64A Apache.

Proof that the "loop" can be done, but im still tryin to find a video!

Link to that quote:
www.boeing.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hey BigTrain
ya might like to look at the link posted i posted in the first part of this thread.

Its got some excellent footage of air craft etc doing allsorts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ive just read my above post more carefully.
Is there a difference between the longbow and the AH-64??

My apologies if this is a different heli!!!

Ooops

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
Ive just read my above post more carefully.
Is there a difference between the longbow and the AH-64??

My apologies if this is a different heli!!!

Ooops

Its the same heli. just got differant armourment etc.
The US version tends not to have the same rockets on it.
It sometimes is without the "dome" on top too.

Basically they are about the same, a bit like cars with differant specifications on them.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So it can do loops then?

I cant find a clip anywhere!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
So it can do loops then?

I cant find a clip anywhere!

Not sure about the loop bit. still looking for the vid. it aint nowhere to be seen

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, it was my first post in ATS after 3 years of reading posts here. In response to Intelgurl knowing, I didnt say she did, I was just wondering from her expertise to fathom a guess, 1 yr, 2, 5 etc. Just a simple question.

As for the lynx outrunning an Apache, I totally agree speed wise, but it cannot outrun its weaponry, mainly hellfire etc. Going up against an Apache with a lynx would be one stupid idea. I wish the Comanche would be reopened, what a marvelous bird.

Anybody have the Comanche video?

Train

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there is also a Russian helo that can do a loop - I forget what it's called, the shark or black shark perhaps?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I believe the chopper you are talking about is the "Chernaya Akula" The Black Shark! Awesome piece of equipment! Im not sure of its looping abilities with its coaxial rotor but then again... I am new and i would like to post images. Can somebody U2U me on how to host images??
Thanks.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by MOCKBA 1181]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
True, the Kamov with it's coaxial rotors might have trouble doing a flip. Actually, all helos inherently have trouble doing a backflip, which makes the achievement of the Lynx awesome.
By the way, what's the advantage of a "back flip" maneuver for a helo?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBaron
True, the Kamov with it's coaxial rotors might have trouble doing a flip. Actually, all helos inherently have trouble doing a backflip, which makes the achievement of the Lynx awesome.
By the way, what's the advantage of a "back flip" maneuver for a helo?

If a helo' could do an Immelman Turn that could be handy in certain situations. Defence, ect.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm curious as to why an Immelman would help a helo? Helos are not air superiority fighters that need such maneuvers. Or am I missing something here?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Did someone mention a lynx?

Beatiful machine, 400kmph, roughly 250 MPH.

I have heard it can do the loop, never seen or heard of an apache doing it, wouldnt it be too heavy and big to do one?
Yes Mad man its the black shark , MOCKBA 1181 you have a beatiful choice of helos.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Greetings,

To my knowledge, a loop for a helicopter can result in 3 things,

1. Slamming into the ground.
2. The Rotor head coming apart and then slamming into the ground.
3. Pilots having kittens once the loop is complete

I think that there are a few aircraft that can pull of a loop, the lynx as already mentioned, the Germany Army Bolkow 105 and the European Tiger. Its all to do with the crafts rotor head and to a lesser degree the rotors. Haven't seen nor heard of a Russian, Chinese or for that matter american designed helo.

I personnally wouldn't fancy sitting in it as they try it.

- Philip

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join