It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some U.S. Embassies fly the Gay Pride Flag Next to the United States Flag.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Flags and other symbols like that are toys used by children.

I'll leave the symbols to the simple minded.
--george carlin

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
That is really weird that the embassies fly that flag at their places in other countries. Some countries frown on that kind of stuff, sounds like poor public relations tactics to flaunt a flag that they may not agree with.

That does not sound like a good diplomatic practice to me. I think the government should stay neutral on that issue, yes give them equal rights at home and stressing equality in diplomacy, but not promoting gay pride by flying their flag..

Sh*t, "some", most non "western" "progressive" countries do.

I really am saddened that most people really do have a complete lack of reality in that America(moreso) and most western civilizations are the absolute epitome of personal freedom and safety.
edit on 8-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity... where is the UAE gay flag? We don't one anyone to be excluded here...

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Personally I think it reaks of divisive politics.

Back in the early 2000`s, we had the beginning of forever wars, constitutional violations loophole through the patriot act, and other stuff I won't bore people with.

I was happy when it got legalized gays would marry, it was a win for liberty and I thought at least politics wouldn't be deluded in a time where there was more pressing issues.

So embassies are flying gay flags. Big surprise. Embassies be doing unpopular shi#, it's their MO. What better way to throw people off by raising a rainbow flag. Good luck talking trash, you're a bigot now. Speak against the foreign policy and you're an apologist for our enemies.

Something something pick a side 🤷‍♂️

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Stop making me give you stars!

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
So what do you think, ATS? Should U.S. embassies be allowed to fly "special interest" flags next to the U.S. Flag for an extended period of time?

If it doesn't create a diplomatic problem I don't see any reason why a "special interest" flag can be flown next to the country's flag on an embassy.

But, if they do not get permission from their government to do it then they should not do it, embassies are supposed to represent their countries', not the ambassador's, interests.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
America's enemies are just waiting. Weak minds equal weak bodies in times of trouble. Don't believe me, walk the streets of any major city worldwide and you'll realize them people living on the streets can not and will not help its nation in times of an invasion.

A flag with a man stick'n his little wee wee up another man's butt I think would be more appropriate type of flag. That is their nation, a nation of weird sex behavior. That type of flag would go well with 90% of the people, they want pride flag, lets give it them like they give it to the 90% who need a flag for normal sexual relation between man and woman.

Fire those in the embassies .

I'm gay and I don't stick my "wee" in another man's butt nor any man stick his in mine. Stop heteronormalising gay sex. Not everyone needs to behave like breeding animals.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

To whom?

What a silly statement.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Ah, so we're going to officially endorse the way some people screw.

But these same people want government to stay of their bedrooms too.

Honk honk indeed.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: chadderson

To whom?

What a silly statement.

Not to whom, to what.

Should a government building fly a flag of any orientation?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

So what do you think, ATS? Should U.S. embassies be allowed to fly "special interest" flags next to the U.S. Flag for an extended period of time?

If it doesn't create a diplomatic problem I don't see any reason why a "special interest" flag can be flown next to the country's flag on an embassy.

But, if they do not get permission from their government to do it then they should not do it, embassies are supposed to represent their countries', not the ambassador's, interests.

What is the criteria for "special interest" in this case?

And that last line. Yes they should represent their countries, not one specific group or another.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
What is the criteria for "special interest" in this case?

I suppose the same criteria that is applied to consider them a "special interest" in other cases.

And that last line. Yes they should represent their countries, not one specific group or another.

I wrote "their country's interests", so if it's in their country's interests to fly a "special interest" flag they are doing nothing wrong.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

When did the gays get a country?

The rainbow flag is a symbol of their pride. Lots of groups have flags.

When did all the gays vote on a flag?
Does this nation less,as you admitted, flag get furled with the same rules as real nations flags?
Or does it have its own special rules?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

edit on 9-6-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
A smart enemy would use an army of gays to invade the US. That would mentally incapacitated the majority of the country.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

When did all the gays vote on a flag?

Good point.

Shouldn't we get to vote on the US flag?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Nothing wrong with showing support to a marginalized demographic for a month.

I think at this point it could be argued that they WERE marginalized. Now they pretty much have no opposition in this country, outside of (ironically) some immigrant groups from other cultures which they believe they are aligned with.

I think it's only healthy to recognize progress, progress being that a group can move from being marginalized to accepted and no longer requires the special treatment that it did while attempting to be pulled into acceptable mainstream society.

What?

No opposition? Dude let's be real. My gay friends still get slurs screamed at them in the streets. They still get beat up, they still get billboards and protests.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox
My sexuality isn't on display for all the world to see. Honestly, most people don't give a f who you're attracted to. If they are pushing their # onto the public, they are going to get a push back. Very few people even care at this point. If they are getting assaulted for their sexuality, that's absolutely wrong and illegal. People disagreeing with them is not assault.

Why the # would heterosexuals expressing their sexuality be a problem for the LGBT+ community? It really seems like LGBT+
is ok but heteronormalcy is wrong. I have no problem with anybody, but apparently being normal isn't good enough for the LGBT+ crowd.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

No one is saying anything about heterosexuality being ok/not ok

This is about... If a guy and a girl are kissing in public, no one says a word, they smile and think to themselves 'theyre in love'

However if 2 dudes are kissing in public... People walk by and scream f** and "gay" l.. cover their children's eyes, look in disgust.. etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join