It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, another thread about Atlantis.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Our TRUE History has been Taken from Us by the PTB . Independent Researchers Will Eventually Reveal the True History of Man , and it Will be Earth Shattering to Some .......

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GuyfridayTimeline may be off.

I read something somewhere that it was in question whether Solar years, or Lunar years were used. Lunar year is only one month. That would change the timeline greatly.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SamIamSam
The city of Atlantis was the Eye of Africa, obviously. There's mysterious structures all over the Sahara, and The Eye itself is covered in clear signs of ancient human construction. There are even what some believe are canals. When was the last time there was water enough in the region to warrant that kind of construction? 6000 years ago, and that's the minimum.

I am now more convinced than ever that the "eye" was the Capital City of Atlantis. If you look at Atlantis as a place holder for a Country name then you can see all the other places Like the Americas, the Islands, as part of its holdings, similar to what the French and British tried to do with their "Possessions"/ Colonies. Atlantis looked at in this manner is then understandable. The Island City was its capital. Plato pointed to all of its holdings, as being Atlantis.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I understand what you are discussing and I should have elaborated further the purpose of mentioning Byrd was not to throw the thread of track but to show evidence of advanced technology as the Atlanteans were rumored to have. The earth has changed drastically since Atlantis due to polar shifts and the most recognized entrance points to Argatha is in the polar regions. There is a lot of ice over Antartica and rumors of it possibly covering the lost city of Atlantis. I have usually 10-15 points in my brain and sometimes when I try to cover them all it gets sloppy. My apologies, I have no factual evidence to support my theory just an overload of deductions I constantly am trying to organize.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Agartha is from the Hindu traditions so I doubt highly that Critias talked about it in relations to Atlantis, but the Hindus valley trades were taking place at during the time of Plato, so I might be willing to look at that. The biggest issue though is that Agartha is noted as the underground realm of the king of the world. Plato doesn't talk about this though. If Agartha is a foreign name for Atlantis, this would be very interesting angle to go with since it could indicate that Atlantis might be located in India.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
The victors do write history. This might be why the ancient Greeks claimed to be the first inhabitants of the Attica Peninsula, but also have stories about how they weren't the first people there too.

This is why we need to figure out what war Critias was talking about. Wars level scars in both societies and in the battlegrounds. If the war was during the 1200BC timeframe, then there should be something about it hidden within the lines of the Trojan War. On the other hand if the war is during the 9300BC timeframe then there may be nothing to find.

I already posted my concerns about the "Eye Theory" being correct.

a reply to: CrazyFox

Byrd was going to come up eventually, I'm glad that it was brought up early. As to the rumors of Atlantis being Antarctica, well it doesn't support the narrative of what Critias discussed about Athens being at war with the people who live outside of the pillars. Well I guess it does, but it would also mean that the people of Athens were fighting everyone in the world and that Atlantis had the most powerful rulers
out of the globe. This would include China, India, the Americas, everyone.

I personally think that people place it down south for no other reason then to assign a bit of mystery to Antarctica (not that it needs it). I toss this notion in with some of the other new age ideas about Atlantis. No need to feel off about it, it's a possibility that I'm not going to address in this thread because there is nothing in the Dialogs that would indicate this as a possibility.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Agartha is from the Hindu traditions so I doubt highly that Critias talked about it in relations to Atlantis, but the Hindus valley trades were taking place at during the time of Plato, so I might be willing to look at that. The biggest issue though is that Agartha is noted as the underground realm of the king of the world. Plato doesn't talk about this though. If Agartha is a foreign name for Atlantis, this would be very interesting angle to go with since it could indicate that Atlantis might be located in India.

I don't believe Agartha is another name for Atlantis. But logic would say, if the gods withdrew to the center of earth to discuss the great flood, or punishing man, then that would be the genesis for Atlantis. Virtually all cultures have ancient folklore about the "Underworld". I wouldn't doubt it a bit if another name for it was Agartha, SHAMBHALA, or Edin.

Its a name game!

Poseidon was allotted the island of Atlantis. Enki obtained the island of Dilmun.

Atlantis, Enki and Ninhursanga, Sargon of Akkad

when you see that Poseidon and Enki are one in the same you can see the confusion that is brought forth. And the full extent of the term "Babble".

On one side of the coin it is Atlantis, on the other it is Dilmun(Tilmun). Everything must be equated down to the basic common denominator. And if it all went back to the Inner Earth, as plato stated, then that is where it came from in the beginning.

There are also references to it being called "Magan", which connects it to Tilmun.

A research team of the Ministry of Heritage and Culture began excavating the site at Bildat Al Ayoon in order to preserve around 250 graves ahead of construction work to build a road. Archaeologists found artefacts, including pottery and jewellery, dating back from the Iron Age to the middle of the Bronze Age of the Majan civilisation, otherwise known as the ‘Magan’ civilisation.

Ancient artefacts found in Oman are linked to great Majan civilisation

Dilmun in the Myth of Enki and Ninhursag Apart from the Epic of Gilgamesh , Dilmun is also mentioned in the myth of Enki and Ninhursag / Ninhursaja. In this story, Dilmun is presented as a sort of earthly paradise:

Its all a name game!

The gods themselves withdrew to, as Plato put it, center of the world, leaving the half gods, demigods to fend for themselves. And as you can see, the gods, made a mess of it. But rather than to be honest about it, they instituted "secret societies/ mystery schools" to confound the "babble" even further to insure mankind would never be able to reassemble our history, or find our "Common Denominator", Edin.

Agartha, is not located in India. Virtually all the Hindus believe our world to be hollow, and the home of Agartha/Shambhala. And then Platos description of where the gods went, would make perfect sense.

Atlantis was known for its trading. Its like finding something with a tag that says made in Japan. I find this product in Brazil. Am I now going to start calling Brazil, Japan? I wouldn't doubt you will find many things made in Atlantis all over the world...

Sorry, I strayed a bit...

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

This is why we need to figure out what war Critias was talking about. Wars level scars in both societies and in the battlegrounds. If the war was during the 1200BC timeframe, then there should be something about it hidden within the lines of the Trojan War. On the other hand if the war is during the 9300BC timeframe then there may be nothing to find.

I already posted my concerns about the "Eye Theory" being correct.

I have discovered a Boundary wall, fortified boundary wall that is over 350 miles long in the Sahara, north of the "Eye" aprox 200 miles. To have created and manned this wall would have required thousands upon thousands of workers. There is no archeological record of this wall. This is evidence of a great nation/ society, that no one has any information on, in the middle of a present day desert. Who do you suppose had a workforce to build such a wall?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It's definitely a 'Name Game.' That's why I say 'Ouadane' is an echo of 'Wodan' from the far distant past. Odin had one eye, right? So, the Richat IS Odin's Eye. Or Ouadane's Eye.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I don't believe Agartha is another name for Atlantis. But logic would say, if the gods withdrew to the center of earth to discuss the great flood, or punishing man, then that would be the genesis for Atlantis. Virtually all cultures have ancient folklore about the "Underworld". I wouldn't doubt it a bit if another name for it was Agartha, SHAMBHALA, or Edin.

Gods can do what ever, but for the purpose of this thread I would like to stick with natural events that can be explained with science. Having a god punish mankind by magically doing something, doesn't negate that fact that something was done that should leave evidence of the something having to have happened. By assigning a notion of gods doing something to man, you need to define what a god is in terms of the ancient cultures being discussed. It's due to the differing opinions of what a god is that makes me not want them discussed here in terms that are end statements.

On one side of the coin it is Atlantis, on the other it is Dilmun(Tilmun). Everything must be equated down to the basic common denominator. And if it all went back to the Inner Earth, as plato stated, then that is where it came from in the beginning.

If you are implying that Atlantis is a middle eastern kingdom, then I could see that. Though I'm failing to see the points being made that Plato it came from the beginning?

The gods themselves withdrew to, as Plato put it, center of the world, leaving the half gods, demigods to fend for themselves. And as you can see, the gods, made a mess of it. But rather than to be honest about it, they instituted "secret societies/ mystery schools" to confound the "babble" even further to insure mankind would never be able to reassemble our history, or find our "Common Denominator", Edin.

Agartha, is not located in India. Virtually all the Hindus believe our world to be hollow, and the home of Agartha/Shambhala. And then Platos description of where the gods went, would make perfect sense.

Atlantis was known for its trading. Its like finding something with a tag that says made in Japan. I find this product in Brazil. Am I now going to start calling Brazil, Japan? I wouldn't doubt you will find many things made in Atlantis all over the world...

Again I'm not see this point where Plato states that the gods withdrew to the center?

Agartha is a Hindu tradition, so it doesn't matter where it is the root story comes from India.

Atlantis didn't have anything about trade, it states,

Now Atlas had a numerous and honourable family, and they retained the kingdom, the eldest son handling it on to his eldest for many generations; and they had such an amount of wealth as was never before possessed by kings and potentates, and is not likely ever to be seen again, and they were furnished with everything which they needed, both in the city and country. For because of the greatness of their empire many things were brought to them from foreign countries, and the island itself provided most of what was required by them for the uses of life.

It doesn't sound like a trade hub, but more like other nations were paying protection fees or extortion dues.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Are you talking about the ridgeline that's just under 200 miles north?

Again if we want to go that far out, why not look at Cruiser Tablemount in the Atlantic?

My main objection to the Richat being Atlantis is that if we were to assume this we would also have to assume that the 9300BC date is the actual date. This would bring up the issue of why would Athens be at war with the people of northern Africa at a time when people were just beginning to organize into social communities?

I am at no time saying that a society could not have been there at this time, but rather that this society doesn't fit the geopolitical environment that Critias lays out in his story.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SamIamSam
It's definitely a 'Name Game.' That's why I say 'Ouadane' is an echo of 'Wodan' from the far distant past. Odin had one eye, right? So, the Richat IS Odin's Eye. Or Ouadane's Eye.

This does seem to be the case in many myths and stories. This is why understanding the world that the story takes place in is very important in breaking down the facts.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Gods can do what ever, but for the purpose of this thread I would like to stick with natural events that can be explained with science.

I refrain from using a capital g when discussing the "Ancient gods", as they were flesh and blood. They play a major role in the past and in order to understand the past, you must understand the gods. It was the greatest part of the ancient past.

but for the purpose of this thread I would like to stick with natural events that can be explained with science.
That is going to be tough because the "gods" have a science to themselves, that can not be explained by our, science. And in that is a catch 22.

Again I'm not see this point where Plato states that the gods withdrew to the center?

Zeus, the god of gods, who rules according to law, and is able to see into such things, perceiving that an honourable race was in a woeful plight, and wanting to inflict punishment on them, that they might be chastened and improve, collected all the gods into their most holy habitation, which, being placed in the centre of the world, beholds all created things. And when he had called them together, he spake as follows: *

* The rest of the Dialogue of Critias has been lost.

www.lost-civilizations.net...

Plato, Critias, tells us the gods left and went to the center of the world to pass judgment. We know the center of the world, as Agartha. And undoubtedly also the home of Mount Olympus.

It doesn't sound like a trade hub, but more like other nations were paying protection fees or extortion dues.
You may be right about that. Over time they got arrogant, selfish, greedy, etc. They no longer bowed to the gods and even attempted to battle them. In the link I provided you can see the gods justification for bringing about the flood. They blame it on the "mortal admixture". This is the gods taking responsibility for our creation admitting something went wrong. So true. Ill leave that right there.

Yes we all want proof, irrefutable proof. We want, we need evidence. But when their science beats our science its going to be a tall order to fill.

Having a god punish mankind by magically doing something, doesn't negate that fact that something was done that should leave evidence of the something having to have happened.

For the past 5 years I have been working on the mechanization's of the global flood. I have the evidence as to how it was accomplished, but can not provide the science behind it. And why? Because that science is on a scale we can not comprehend, yet. And no one will accept evidence, that can not be explained by science. And besides, as in science it must be able to be reproduced. Believe me, we never want that to happen again.

By assigning a notion of gods doing something to man, you need to define what a god is in terms of the ancient cultures being discussed. It's due to the differing opinions of what a god is that makes me not want them discussed here in terms that are end statements.
First thing about the "gods" mankind was not allowed to reproduce their true image.

For me, I define the gods as a species that had a advanced knowledge of science, that they did not teach mankind. They had a extended life span by eating a certain fruit that resembled a apple or peach. It grew or grows on a tree, and we are forbidden to eat. This is probably why they consider themselves gods. They taught us they were gods, but they themselves, well, another one Ill leave right there. They, are not, Gods!!! They only wanted us to think, they were Gods!

They are a ancient species that have definite traits, and they are not the traits of mammals. Their offspring's, the demi gods were displaying "Their" traits as though on steroids. As I understand "Their" history, is full of wars, greed, incest, torture, selfishness, arrogance, destruction. I only use the term gods to denote their species.

The people of the past saw the "gods" as benefactors when you gave homage, sacrifices, in their honor. The gods demanded this in return for the gifts that were given to us, grains, livestock, knowledge of farming, buildings etc. These gifts were given to us at cost plus. In actuality, we were nothing more than slaves. And I'm certain some people knew this but learned to be quite about it, or participate in a war, to end it.

At any rate, that is the frame I put the "gods" in. Sorry if I have strayed too far...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Are you talking about the ridgeline that's just under 200 miles north?

No. I'm talking about a actual wall that runs over 350 miles. And along that wall in intervals there are posts, walled posts, some simple and small, some complex and large. It is documented in my post. I hate to do this, page 7.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a continuous wall with few breaks in it. In the mountains whole valleys are walled off. Mountain ridges are fortified. Its massive. There must be almost a thousand posts on it. The coordinates are given in the post. Use satalite pro to see it. Google earth is useless.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Thank you for clarifying that, and for giving me the spot where the center was mentioned. At the end … doh, I read that and was more focused on earlier part. Sorry.

I will still leave Agartha out of this since it is a Hindu tradition and was a place of kings not gods.

Thanks again for providing context to this. like I said though I don't see how or why Athens would be at war during this timeframe with an empire so far from the Attica peninsula. Not to say that a society didn't exists there, I just doubt they were Atlantis.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I'd like to weigh in for my namesake.

Agartha is subterranean and has nothing to do with Atlantis.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Just saw your thread. I should have posted this post here and not responded to you in the Rick. But oh well.

Your idea of the Cruiser Tablemount makes sense. If Kircher’s Vatican Egyptian map is a map of the Great Meteor Seamount, as it sure looks to be, then Cruiser should have been above water at the same time too. As would be the 2 mounts between them, Irving and Hyeres. And north of them, the seamounts of Plato, Tyro and Atlantis would also been above water. This gives an island chain running a hundred miles north to the Azroes.

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Seewarte3d.svg

“In a 1954 issue of Geological Society of America, Bulletin, Bruce Heezen and others reported on a seamount - an underwater mountain - that has been named Atlantis by geologists and is in the Atlantic Ocean. It has been found to have been an island about 12,000 years - exactly the time specified by Plato! This abstract is given:
The Atlantis, Cruiser, and Great Meteor seamounts rise from a broad ridge or plateau which extends from the Mid-Atlantic Ridge to 37°N. 32°W. southeast to Great Sea mount at 30°N. 28°W. The Atlantis Sea mount, briefly explored 1947 and 1948, was found by echo sounding and submarine photography to have a fairly flat bedrock summit area at about 180 fathoms covered in some cases by current-rippled sand. Its slopes are covered with sand or ooze symmetrically rippled at 400 fathoms and marked by slump features in 570 fathoms. A small piece of volcanic agglomerate was dredged from 400 fathoms on the north slope. About a ton of flat pteropod limestone cobbles was dredged from the summit area. One of the cobbles gave an apparent radiocarbon age of 12,000 years ±900 (J.L. Kulp). The state of lithification of the limestone suggests that it may have been lithified under subaerial [i.e. above water, on land surface] conditions and that the sea mount may have been an island within the past 12,000 years. (Heezen, Bruce C., et al, "Flat-Topped Atlantis, Cruiser, And Great Meteor Sea Mounts" in Geological Society of America, Bulletin, 65:1261, 1954 (Protogonos issue 9))”

The Horse Shoe Seamount is a submerged mountain chain about 450 miles off of Gibralter and is supposed to cover 6,000 square miles, plenty large enough for Atlantis. A Russian expedition dredged up elephant bones and beach sand from the Horse Shoe Seamount. And the rocks which were brought up showed that they had formed on dry land within the last 10,000 years. Fossilized freshwater algae was also brought up from Mount Ampere, whose summit is only 65 meters under water. All of this shows that the area had once been above water.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
When I read Plato's descriptions of Atlantis, I see two different versions.

I see one that is just a fairly straightforward description that would situate it in a relatively large island east of the North Atlantic ridge where the Azores are now. Here's a map of the Atlantic showing what it looked like when the water was 400 feet lower:

I like that he even gives a reason for the destruction, which was that a comet or asteroid impact caused a massive upheaval and the whole place dropped into the ocean.

The other version is a larger expansion of the story and intended to provide a kind of moral lesson about hubris. Since he was not exactly a newspaper reporter, and back in those days history and myth were basically the same, it's not hard to imagine Plato taking the germ of the Atlantis myth and making a lesson out of it, probably for political reasons.

But what about the basic information? The description without the heavy moralizing? Did he completely make that up? Considering how much he got right about the general lay of the land (Atlantic ocean), he's got to be one of the luckiest guessers of all.

That's why I think that while it's plausible that there was a small, somewhat advanced human civilization that rose up, it was not as big as the later myth Plato made it into. They were a seafaring people making some advancements in building and agriculture and astronomy (no crystal powered flying pyramids, sorry Edgar Cayce), and in the end they were destroyed by the same things that destroyed the other First Civilizations. Natural catastrophe.

But it was so long ago. Chances of finding even tiny fragments of their civilization would be nearly impossible. The best bet still seems to be looking for genetic anomalies in people around the Atlantic that might have come in contact with the Atlanteans, linguistic fragments (it doesn't look like they developed writing, but may have been close to it - Rongo Rongo?), ruins of outposts and ports (hard to find along a shoreline that used to be 400 feet lower), and so on. Maybe underwater mapping and archeology could find something, but I really doubt it.

In any event, I still like the idea of Atlantis, and see where it could be plausible, finding definitive physical proof of something that specifically indicates "Atlantis" will probably never happen.

I wonder what they called themselves.
edit on 10-6-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
"The Gods withdrew to the center of the world."

Giza?

Giza is the center of the world, which proves that the Osiris pyramids were built by aliens. because only someone on high looking at the globe could have figured out where the center of the land masses was. Let alone that 299,792,458 is incorporated into the Great one. That is not a coincidence. Sorry, but for me coincidences do not run into 9 numbers.

Oh wait, naughty me. I was not supposed to mention aliens.

But since I did, the possibilities that Zeus and Poseidon/Neptune were Set and Osiris as well as Enlil and Enki make it all the more likely that we are talking at least 10 grand out from BC. So I am wasting no time on any other year than what Plato told us. I'm not losing any zeros.

Remember, the war is between the Olympic Gods and the Titans. Not a bunch of spear chucking Spartans and Trojans.

www.google.com... world&gs_l=img.3...315326.321583..323012...0.0..0.80.1676.27......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......0j0i67j0i24.S7loVXwiI98#imgrc=hT_2-1ifBHguIM:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Zeus, the god of gods, who rules according to law, and is able to see into such things, perceiving that an honourable race was in a woeful plight, and wanting to inflict punishment on them, that they might be chastened and improve, collected all the gods into their most holy habitation, which, being placed in the centre of the world, beholds all created things. And when he had called them together, he spake as follows: *

* The rest of the Dialogue of Critias has been lost.

www.lost-civilizations.net...

Plato, Critias, tells us the gods left and went to the center of the world to pass judgment. We know the center of the world, as Agartha. And undoubtedly also the home of Mount Olympus.

Wherefore he assembled together all the gods into that abode which they honor most, standing as it does at the center of all the Universe, and beholding all things that partake of generation and when he had assembled them, he spake thus: ...

Perseus Digital Library
The Earth was the "center" of the Universe to Plato. Spells it out clearly in the Timaeus, immediately preceding this dialogue.

Harte
edit on 6/10/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join