It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC: Stupid Is as Stupid Does

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
She'll be your president. Late January 2025.

Locked up for 2028

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Not gonna happen. Nothing to do with her politics. I just don't see the US electing someone in their 30s. Then again I didn't think they would elect a septuagenarian either.
edit on 6/11/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

you specify that only one group of supremacists are the problem, the white ones, then you post a definition that includes "traditional" white supremacists without defining traditional, thus making every white person at least suspect, and stating "Christian Identity" as white supremacist, thereby implicating an entire religion.

No, that's you spinning, getting all triggered and melting down like a fragile snowflake. LOL

This isn't a college thesis. I don't need to address ALL domestic terrorism and violence. This isn't even my thread, and I owe posters nothing.

Like I said, this thread is an excuse to attack AOC. My posts are in defense of the concerns about the rise of white supremacist domestic terrorism, and how the Trump administration is stifling surveillance and counter intelligence of these groups.

I see you. And I WILL call you out on your hatred Every. Single. Time. Don't like it? Don't use those tactics. You're not getting ahead of us this time. You're the hater; you're the racist; you're the supremacist and the elitist.

You're a moderator, so you should know better than anyone that you go for the ball, not the player. Your obsession with attacking me and my character, page after page, thread after thread, isn't very "moderate".
edit on 11-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

My posts are in defense of the concerns about the rise of white supremacist domestic terrorism

You have defined "white supremacist domestic terrorism" pretty much as any violent act committed by someone who is white, and that very definition makes your assertion meaningless. If the definition is widened, the rate will increase, by definition. It also outs you as one who judges others based on skin color, which is what I pointed out. And here you are, still trying to defend that definition and your position, rather than explain where I read it wrong.

I already know AOC is racist. She says so every other sentence.

I really don't care. You can be a card-carrying member of the KKK for all I care. You have a right to do so; I'm not at all in favor of hate speech laws, because I want to know who the racists are. I have a right to point out when I see you saying racist things to try and create an illusion of all white people, all Christians, and especially all white Christians as "white supremacists." And I am exercising that right. Sucks when that happens, don't it?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

You have defined "white supremacist domestic terrorism"...

No I didn't. I linked and cited a study, done for law enforcement, by the Anti-defamation League. It was in the results of a Google search. I posted it because, 1) you accused me not knowing what a (white) racist really is, and 2) I was challenged by some other posters to cite my claim that white supremacist terrorism is on the rise, and that the Trump administration is ignoring it.

I don't come here to get into fight with rednecks trying to defend their echo chamber kingdom, flipping out and melting down every time a left winger posts something they find contrary and threatens their safe space.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You're not threatening any "safe space." You're threatening the livlihoods of literally hundreds of millions of people for no other reason than they are white.

Nice to see your true feelings about "rednecks" finally came into the light as well. We're sub-human, right? Beneath you? Less evolved?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

And there you go again making hyperbolic claims that Sookiechacha believes every white person is a terrorist based ona link they posted. Looking through their criteria, I don't fit it. And I look like a white supremacist's wet dream. Blonde hair, blue eyes, Scandinavian ancestry.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

you specify that only one group of supremacists are the problem, the white ones, then you post a definition that includes "traditional" white supremacists without defining traditional, thus making every white person at least suspect, and stating "Christian Identity" as white supremacist, thereby implicating an entire religion.

No, that's you spinning, getting all triggered and melting down like a fragile snowflake. LOL

This isn't a college thesis. I don't need to address ALL domestic terrorism and violence. This isn't even my thread, and I owe posters nothing.

Like I said, this thread is an excuse to attack AOC. My posts are in defense of the concerns about the rise of white supremacist domestic terrorism, and how the Trump administration is stifling surveillance and counter intelligence of these groups.

I see you. And I WILL call you out on your hatred Every. Single. Time. Don't like it? Don't use those tactics. You're not getting ahead of us this time. You're the hater; you're the racist; you're the supremacist and the elitist.

You're a moderator, so you should know better than anyone that you go for the ball, not the player. Your obsession with attacking me and my character, page after page, thread after thread, isn't very "moderate".

You don't owe posters anything? Yet another way to deflect from actually having to prove anything you say. So since you aren't willing to submit to your Burden of Proof, no one needs take you seriously, ever again. I know I won't.

You've been weighed, and measured, and found lacking.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

I made my claim and linked my sources. I don't need to represent the stats and facts of any other hate or terrorist group, to make this thread a fair and balanced discussion. This thread was never meant to be a fair and balanced discussion. It's in the Mud Pit, and, its title is AOC: Stupid Is as Stupid Does. This thread was authored to bash a congresswoman, and anyone posting in it who threatens your tiny myopic reality.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Go ahead and wear that martyrdom! It fits you so well! But, you might want to get down from your high horse, take off that halo and polish it up, its got some schmutz on it!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Terry Bollea didn't think he was a racist. Dwayne Chapman didn't think he was a racist. Paula Deen didn't think she was a racist... and I don't think any of them actually are. They lost a fortune each over accusations exactly like what the other poster tried to do to undisclosed white people.

It doesn't matter what you think if you are accused. It doesn't matter how innocent or guilty you are. All that matters is if you fit the definition, and that definition according to the ADL can extend to anyone with white skin. All it takes is one innocent comment that goes against the agenda, and you're done.

That's just wrong, and nothing anyone can say will ever make it right.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I have no intention of being a martyr... I am simply calling you out for blatant racism and a dangerous tactic based in it to further whatever political agendas you have.

I notice that you deflected when I originally called you out on those definitions, deflected again when I mentioned it again, and now you're deflecting when I ask you pointedly about your dehumanizing another group. That tells me I was right and you're not comfortable with others knowing it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I have no intention of being a martyr...

Then stop acting like one.

I notice that you deflected when I originally called you out on those definitions

You name calling is just a cry for attention from a melting snowflake that can't handle sharing his safe space with people that see things differently. Your tantrums and finger pointing don't merit any serious consideration and I won't pamper you by pretending to take you seriously. You probably just need a proverbial clean nappy and a nap.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
From Sookie's link, all emphases mine:

“Traditional” white supremacists

The majority of groups in this category are Ku Klux Klan groups—though often referred to as “the Ku Klux Klan,” there has not been a unitary Klan since 1944. Today, the Klan is simply a type of hate group. There are actually between 40-45 completely separate and independent Klan groups in the United States—the exact number may even vary month to month as small Klan groups form or fall apart—ranging from Klan groups that claim a presence in a number of states to tiny Klans focused on a single local area.
The large proportion of new Klan groups does not indicate growth in the Klan—far from it. Klan groups have been in a long-term decline since the 1970s, as they lost their battle against civil rights for African-Americans. Occasionally, Klan groups may slow or even arrest that decline, such as during a surge of right-wing extremism, but then the decline will resume. The result is a collection of Klan groups that have great difficult even maintaining themselves, which is why most such groups do not last very long before fragmenting or falling apart. When new Klan groups do emerge, they tend to grow by swallowing or poaching the membership of a previous or weaker Klan group.

Doesn't sound like much of a threat to me, but I'm just some random internet poster.

Christian Identity

Christian Identity is a religious sect whose roots extend back well into the 19th century. It is a modern racist and anti-Semitic variation on British-Israelism, an older faith whose central tenet is that Europeans, or people of European extraction, are actually descended from the so-called “Lost Tribes” of ancient Israel, scattered after invasions of the region by Hittites, Assyrians and Babylonians.
The available evidence suggests that Christian Identity has been stagnant for some years, neither appreciably increasing nor decreasing in size. In 2015, ADL has identified nearly 100 different Christian Identity groups, and around 120 Christian Identity preachers, active in the United States. Christian Identity adherents are spread so thinly around the country that actual, physical churches are relatively rare; the Internet has been a boon to Identity adherents, replacing earlier methods of disseminating Identity ideas, such as shortwave radio programs and cassette tape ministries.

Again, this hardly sounds like something that is a clear and present danger to a majority of Americans.

Public and private white supremacist events

As a fringe movement deeply discontented with the status quo in the United States, white supremacists frequently mobilize—though typically only in small numbers—to protest things to which they are opposed, from specific events or government decisions to entire races or communities. They may also hold events to commemorate things they hold dear, or to share ideas and concepts.

Again, maybe it's just me, but it does not seem like this study supports that idea that domestic terrorism is this huge all encompassing danger that Sookie is attempting to paint it as. I do not see a section for methodology in the report anywhere so it is impossible to independently and objectively verify what is being purported.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You name calling is just a cry for attention from a melting snowflake that can't handle sharing his safe space with people that see things differently.

More deflection... not a single attempt to clarify your position, not a single word explaining what makes you not racist. That's how it works now, right? Guilty until proven innocent?

But you did finally get one thing right: I do have an issue sharing space with a racist.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

More deflection... not a single attempt to clarify your position, not a single word explaining what makes you not racist.

I'm not going to stoop to your level and try to defend myself against your hyperbolic hysteria. This thread isn't about me. It's about a Congresswomen who doesn't understand why white supremacist domestic terrorism is prosecuted as "domestic terrorism", and an opportunity to trash her and anyone who reminds you of her.

I don't have a position on AOC, or the fact that domestic terrorism isn't a "charge". I just had something to add to the discussion. Take it or leave it. But your attacks are transparent and betray your insecurity.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You name calling is just a cry for attention from a melting snowflake that can't handle sharing his safe space with people that see things differently.

More deflection... not a single attempt to clarify your position, not a single word explaining what makes you not racist. That's how it works now, right? Guilty until proven innocent?

But you did finally get one thing right: I do have an issue sharing space with a racist.

TheRedneck

Funny how everyone calling others racist has made it so it has no meaning anymore.

It's actually hit the point that people just ignore it now which is about the last thing you want to do. But alas people will never learn and these terms will get thrown around. And of course that makes debate impossible meaning no compromises. After all you dont negotiate with a racist.

Sad really sad.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I made my claim and linked my sources. I don't need to represent the stats and facts of any other hate or terrorist group, to make this thread a fair and balanced discussion. This thread was never meant to be a fair and balanced discussion. It's in the Mud Pit, and, its title is AOC: Stupid Is as Stupid Does. This thread was authored to bash a congresswoman, and anyone posting in it who threatens your tiny myopic reality.

Dang, I called that one, didn't I? Yep. Can't back upyour numbers with evidence. Nobody needs take you serious after this show of intellectual dishonesty.

A claim does not stand without evidence that it is factual. Basic effing logic. I didn't ask you to represent stats for any other terrorist group. I asked you to provide evidence that the numbers you already provided we're accurate. It isn't anyone else's job to verify your claim(s). The rest of your post was just more attempted deflection. I see through your bull. You have no facts to back up your claims. NEXT!

After this, I will ignore all posts from you that don't include evidence to back your claim as factual. I suggest you all do the same, as the user isn't here for a debate. All they will do is deflect more, and act like they don't have a burden of proof to satisfy which they do.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Funny how everyone calling others racist has made it so it has no meaning anymore.

I actually think that was the idea. If everyone is "racist," no one is. What better way to run cover for someone who is a racist to find cover than to make the term meaningless.

It's not meaningless for me. I grew up when actual, real racism existed. I saw it first hand. I can still remember when there were public highways with home-made signs warning that black folk weren't welcome, and they were left to stand. The school where I went for the first grade burned down that summer... rumor is it was intentional, to protest desegregation. That was a beautiful, majestic old building that seeped history. I was actually approached by the KKK with an invitation to join... twice... in my youth, and KKK rallies were common. I remember when the poor section of town was called ###### Hill, and no whites were allowed.

I remember those days, and this new PC crap that gets slung around is offensive to me because I remember it. Now folks are trying to do the same to "white supremacist." No. I was silent when "racist" became meaningless thanks to the racists; I will not be silent while "white supremacist" becomes meaningless thanks to the white supremacists.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

A claim does not stand without evidence that it is factual. Basic effing logic.

I made a claim, I provided sources. You don't like those sources? It's up to you to debunk them, not me.

I didn't ask you to represent stats for any other terrorist group.

The Redneck, whom you seem to be emulating and taking cues from, accused me of being biased, focusing only on white supremacist. Well, this thread isn't about "Black Lives Matter" or "La Raza", This thread is about AOC and her misunderstanding of why white supremacists terrorists aren't being arrested and charged with "domestic terrorism".

suggest you all do the same, as the user isn't here for a debate.

Are you here for debate, or to jump on AOC supporters and their ilk? What side of this "debate" are you representing? Where are your arguments, stats and sources?

Nope, you're here to bully and insult people whose opinions represent a threat to your "safe space" echo chamber.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join