It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC: Stupid Is as Stupid Does

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

This is what makes you irrelevant, and why there are so many complaining that ATS is projecting a "right-wing" attitude. The simple truth is that ATS isn't doing so, but the "left wing" posters are incapable of holding themselves to even the lowest of standards to debate their points.

You're offended by left wing posters debate tactics, here on ATS. LOL

Where is this thread located? In the Mud Pit. What's the title of this thread? "AOC: Stupid Is as Stupid Does". What's it about, really? It's about creating an opportunity for ATS right wing posters to mock a Democratic Congresswomen, AOC, for complaining that there is no legal way to charge people with "domestic terrorism", unless they're Muslims.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Sorry. I was wrong. You said that anyone wearing gang colors should be removed from society. So does that go for anyone wearing red, blue, or purple? Or just minority kids in urban environments?

Should all the UTR attendees be removed from society since they were repping neo-Nazi symbols and shouting white supremacist chants?

Also, when did you ever try to have a serious discussion with me? Your first reply to me in this thread was to insinuate a was a racist because I brought up the Trump administration's report that found far Right extremists are the number one perpetrators of terror attacks in this country. That doesn't seem like someone who wants to have a serious debate. More like someone who is scared of the truth.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

This is unexplained! So AOC gets into Boston University based on her academic credentials from grade school through high school, and yes; she has two degrees and one is in Economics. I proved that by going onto the Boston University web site. They confirmed all in a story about her that she has two degrees. So. Since I went to graduate school for my MBA, I had to take Micro and Macroeconomics as they are part of obtaining that degree. I am also sure that she had to take similar courses to get her Economics degree at Boston. My point being is that a flaming so so would still retain some knowledge about something. Even after graduating several years ago. Now I know firsthand that Boston University is not a joke of a University as I have a nephew who recently obtained his Doctorate in physics from Boston University. My point is that what comes out her mouth is the equivalent of a low IQ individual having a score from anywhere from 60-90. So it doesn't add up................ UNLESS [Choose Wisely]

1. She rode into Boston University as a USA mandate as a female minority of privilege to meet diversity requirements
2. Her grades and test scores are all padded or fake since grade school.
3. Others took her tests for her throughout her life
4. Her boy toy really gets turned on during extracurricular activity and he %^$%^& her brains out. Happens all the time

Please advise

edit on 10-6-2019 by Waterglass because: typos

edit on 10-6-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Its just sorry but true that "two half wits don't equal a quarter wit"

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You're offended by left wing posters debate tactics, here on ATS.

"Disgusted" would be a better word. And it's not just the left; there are many on the other side whose debate tactics disgust me as much. I simply don't hear them complaining that ATS is turning into a "left-wing" site.

ATS is neutral. Members all have their own biases, including me. Theoretically, that would result in a decent cross-section of national opinion. If you're complaining about that, you have much bigger problems than a single web site.

Where is this thread located? In the Mud Pit.

And that is your excuse for calling the majority of people in the US "white supremacists" because their skin isn't dark enough for you?

The full standards of ATS do not apply here (specifically political trolling is allowed), but neither is it mandated anywhere that serious, reasonable discussion is not allowed.

What's the title of this thread? "AOC: Stupid Is as Stupid Does". What's it about, really?

It is about a legislator, defined as one who makes law, not even knowing what the law is, and worse, not bothering to find out before opening her pie-hole and making a fool of herself.

I consider that applicable to any Congressman in either House, from either party. You, on the other hand, seem to think it is restricted to the Democrats. Maybe it is right now, but in my life I have seen a lot of "Stupid Is as Stupid Does" coming from both parties. I simply call it out when I see it.

I expect you to call that "racist." If so, it is simply further indication that you do not know what actual racism even is. There's really no need to prove that any more, however, since you obviously cannot see it in your own words.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

And that is your excuse for calling the majority of people in the US "white supremacists" because their skin isn't dark enough for you?

Nope, there you go again, putting words in my mouth, and judging me for them!

Most white supremacists are white. Go figure!

It is about a legislator, defined as one who makes law, not even knowing what the law is, and worse, not bothering to find out before opening her pie-hole and making a fool of herself.

Congress people "get schooled" all the time at these hearings. Mostly, these hearings are held to educate Congress. Because, while AOC and other members of Congress may be educated, articulate and smart, they don't know everything about everything that comes across their desks. President Trump is always saying things that are wrong, and he gets schooled and educated. But you all don't mind, because you never expected Trump to know everything about everything, you voted for him because of what he does know, and what he does get right, right?

So, why do hold AOC to a higher standard than you hold the President of the United States?

Nah, this thread isn't about discussing domestic terrorism, it's about trashing AOC.

edit on 10-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: NthOther

I don't get it. What the topic of this thread...The stupidity of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or the fact that there is no legal "charge" for domestic terrorism, and the FBI doesn't care about white supremacist domestic terrorism against Muslims?

Really? You don't get it? It would appear you are a prime candidate to run for the democratic party. All you need apparently is a glass of water with a D on it :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Sorry. I was wrong.

Apology accepted.

You said that anyone wearing gang colors should be removed from society. So does that go for anyone wearing red, blue, or purple? Or just minority kids in urban environments?

That goes for anyone in a gang that exists for the purpose of criminal activity. You are the only one mentioning minority status here. I am basing all of my statements on criminal actions and close association with (as in aiding and abetting) such criminal actions.

Why should skin color even be a consideration when determining if an action is a crime?

As to my first post to you, you were defending an obvious racist. I asked if you were one as well. I think that was a legitimate question, and you did eventually answer it. I accepted that and attempted to have a serious reasoned discussion. Had I not accepted that you were not a racist, I would not have done so. As I stated, I have no reason nor inclination to engage a racist, other than to point out their racism. I also consider that term something that must be clearly identified before using it, as the original poster did by posting generalized slurs against those of a certain skin color as evidence to her position.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Nope, there you go again, putting words in my mouth, and judging me for them!

Most white supremacists are white. Go figure!

And "most" black supremacists are black. I would expect most Martian extremists are Martian. That's the problem... you specify that only one group of supremacists are the problem, the white ones, then you post a definition that includes "traditional" white supremacists without defining traditional, thus making every white person at least suspect, and stating "Christian Identity" as white supremacist, thereby implicating an entire religion.

I know what you're doing! You already tried it and it failed. You (meaning those who think like you) started calling anyone you disagreed with "racist" many years ago. And it was more than a label... ask Terry Bollea, Dwayne Chapman, and Paula Deen if it was a harmless label. It was a threat. But it didn't last forever, and when you tried the same thing on Donald Trump, it failed. People were wising up to what you were doing. Now you are trying the exact same tactic, but using a phrase with even harsher connotations than "racist."

I see you. And I WILL call you out on your hatred Every. Single. Time. Don't like it? Don't use those tactics. You're not getting ahead of us this time. You're the hater; you're the racist; you're the supremacist and the elitist.

And one more thing you are: exposed.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So not gonna answer my question?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

you specify that only one group of supremacists are the problem, the white ones,

No I didn't. White supremacist domestic terrorism was the subject that was being discussed at the Congressional hearing that caused AOC to question certain "charges", and you all to mock her.

I know what you're doing!

No you don't. You keep putting words in my mouth, as usual, and projecting your pet peeves onto me, personally. You have a habit of spending pages and pages, here, putting words in my mouth and accusing me of wrongs that are projections of your own makings.

I see you.

No, you don't.

You're the hater; you're the racist; you're the supremacist and the elitist.

Yeah, LOL, no you don't see me. You're the supremacist elitist, too emotionally triggered to compromise your echo chamber kingdom with people who aren't like you.

edit on 10-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

I cited my source. IF you have questions about how The Defamation League gathers their information, do your own research, and then state your case. I'm not doing it for you.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Oh, you disagree? And, who are you?

White supremacist terror is rising, and Trump's policies kneecap our ability to fight back www.usatoday.com...

U.S. sees steady rise in violence by white supremacists www.cbsnews.com...

FBI sees 'significant' rise in white supremacist domestic terrorism since fall FBI sees 'significant' rise in white supremacist domestic terrorism since fall

Trump goes off script, and white supremacists cheer www.politico.com...

Trump’s counter-extremism task force will no longer target White supremacists rollingout.com...

Linking a garbage tabloid (USA Today) that is pure drivel does not prove a point. One that's named Politico is by it's name alone committed to spewing nothing but propaganda garbage to sell more copies. Try to read a periodical instead of a tabloid it might make a difference.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyFox

Where are your counter articles proving that it's not true that the Trump administration defunded anti-white supremacists surveillance and intelligence?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12

CNN is racist.

So was the last Democrat who ran for president as well as their "Current Front runner" Hey my mentor was not the former Grand Wizard of the KKK and I did not "say not in my backyard" while enacting the most racist legislation in recent history. The same legislation that Trump undid recently. Then again, I am not a democrat either, but those I mentioned earlier are and heck even Trump used to be until he realized how Racist they are and left them like a bad date.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I am not making the claim he did it, you did, and then presented tabloid journalism to support your claim. I was pointing out that the articles you provided to support your claim are not reputable but garbage. Why would I need to counter something that is not made by a reputable source. Why don't you show where a reputable periodical backs up what you say. Just because someone writes crap does not make it anything but crap.

From your Politico rag "But for the so-called alt-right, whose nationalistic and anti-immigrant views helped fuel Trump's rise" Left out a key word "Illegal" proving my point they are garbage the USA Today piece is an opinion piece (not that their "news" pieces are written any better) and CNN well I remember when CNN actually spread news but that was nearly 20 years ago when they were still owned by Ted Turner. Give me a break if you can provide something from a periodical that does not leave out important words so it fits their biases I will take it seriously, until then I will point out flawed your sources are.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyFox

Back when the KKK was strong in Alabama, they used the exact same tactics. They would find 'news articles' that supported their position, and use them to convince people to either join with them or donate to them. Of course, their 'news articles' were purposely-spun opinion pieces written by people who were as much racist as they were. Haters have been using that tactic for untold years.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

That's not at all how burden of proof works. You submitted said statistics. It isn't anyone's job but YOURS to provide proof they are accurate.

Remember: Anything that can be asserted without evidence can be just as easily dismissed.

Ball is in your court...

Edit: Pay attention everyone. This is how someone who has no way to prove what they just said is true acts. Shift that Burden of Proof.

Prediction: If I even get a response, it will be just more "do your own research" or some similar nonsense.
edit on 10-6-2019 by jjsr420 because: More

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Yeah it took me a semester in mass media to figure it out in college. No journalist here lol, but it at one time was a dream until I was forced to grow up.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   
She'll be your president. Late January 2025.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join