It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never let women control the thermostat!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Bluntone22

You hire women? Is this a sandwich shop?

Why would I hire men?
Haven't you heard that women only make 76% as much money as men.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Water freezes at low temperatures. Let the women warm their hearts once in a while, you will be grateful in the end.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Woodcarver

You hire women? Is this a sandwich shop?

Why would I hire men?
Haven't you heard that women only make 76% as much money as men.

Unless they are chemical engineers, in which case they make more than men. It's just that Gender Studies majors don't command large salaries.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I can tell within 3 steps inside the door if the manager is working that day. Why? Because it's 9,000 degrees in the store. This woman is the biggest pu_sy about "being cold" that I've ever encountered. She "gets cold easily," so instead of bringing a sweater (or hell- how about NOT wearing a paper thin short spaghetti strap dress to work?) she cranks the heat up (in the winter) and turns the AC off (in the swampy summer) so the rest of us have to sweat like hogs year round.

If you're in public, there are only so many pieces of clothing that a person can remove, to cool off, and not get arrested. However, there's no law against too many layers.

The 11 temp adjustment in just a few days IS hilarious. Why don't they do it when you're there as well?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You are dealing with Women, if you challenge their perfect temperature, you are the the one who has to get punished. They will sabatage your efforts for weeks or more.

This is true. We do hold grudges.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: rickymouse
You are dealing with Women, if you challenge their perfect temperature, you are the the one who has to get punished. They will sabatage your efforts for weeks or more.

This is true. We do hold grudges.

Naw....I'm like an old English Sheepdog puppy, upset for a few minutes, then onto something else.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I got back into my office building today after being gone for three days attending a conference.
The temp was a frigid 68 degrees...

Now I'm hot blooded and don't mind cooler temps,"I prefer them" but this being Saturday I found it a bit odd.

We have a computer controlled thermostat that is programmed to Conserve energy on the off business hours.
It kicks on AC or heat an hour before employees arrive to make everything comfortable.
70 degrees for those wondering..

Well after inspecting the computer logs I discovered that from Wednesday to Friday the temp was adjusted 11 times including the furnace being turned on twice in the morning. Wtf?

I made a phone call.
The office manager said the girls were cold when they arrived so she kicked on the heat.
After eating there lunches "outside in the picnic area" they were hot so they dropped the temp down to cool off.
They did an override on the automatic system and never turned it back on..

Ugh....

I run a relaxed casual dress business.
No dresses, skirts or heals required.
No suits either, khakis and polo shirts are fine by me.
No jeans, no sneakers, no flip flops.."I don't care as long as I don't hear them"

Monday morning meeting time!
Wear a fricken sweater!

Never let a women control the thermostats!

How about you quit being an over controlling temperature nazi and let your employees make themselves comfortable.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Well, we'd prolly get along pretty well, at least you like it above freezing!!

LOL!!

9,000 is a bit rough though...I did that S# over in Malaysia (24x7x365). Not fun!

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Where I work there are locked covers over the thermostats . It HAS to be 68 degrees year round

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I got back into my office building today after being gone for three days attending a conference.
The temp was a frigid 68 degrees...

Now I'm hot blooded and don't mind cooler temps,"I prefer them" but this being Saturday I found it a bit odd.

We have a computer controlled thermostat that is programmed to Conserve energy on the off business hours.
It kicks on AC or heat an hour before employees arrive to make everything comfortable.
70 degrees for those wondering..

Well after inspecting the computer logs I discovered that from Wednesday to Friday the temp was adjusted 11 times including the furnace being turned on twice in the morning. Wtf?

I made a phone call.
The office manager said the girls were cold when they arrived so she kicked on the heat.
After eating there lunches "outside in the picnic area" they were hot so they dropped the temp down to cool off.
They did an override on the automatic system and never turned it back on..

Ugh....

I run a relaxed casual dress business.
No dresses, skirts or heals required.
No suits either, khakis and polo shirts are fine by me.
No jeans, no sneakers, no flip flops.."I don't care as long as I don't hear them"

Monday morning meeting time!
Wear a fricken sweater!

Never let a women control the thermostats!

How about you quit being an over controlling temperature nazi and let your employees make themselves comfortable.

Nazi....nice
Somebody that wants the thermostat left alone is called a name associated with killing millions.
Hmmmm

Besides, it's seven women working together in offices.
There is no way in hell they were all comfortable at the same time even after making the changes.
The skinny ones are always cold.
The heavier ones are always hot.

edit on 9-6-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

They don't mess with the controls when I'm there because I assume they know they shouldn't be changing things. Honestly it's never been an issue when I'm there.
They have said they are cold in the winter and we kick it up a bit but it's not an up and down three times a day kinda thing...

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Interesting, the heavier ones are hot. I'm heavier and cold. My work place is suppose to be around 70. When my husband picks me up he always comments that my skin is freezing when I go to turn down the ac in the car.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

This is just made for this thread honestly.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That video was great fun. I was raised with parents always arguing in front of the thermostat - ah childhood memories. We all ended up being cold because mom always won.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join