It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Experience Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I know we've seen threads like this pass by many times, but they never get old in my opinion...

I've dug up some testimonials on other websites:

When I was very young, we lived in a house that had the usual "ghost" activity- hearing footsteps, hushed voices in the next room, etc. But the really cool thing was the basement door. It would open on its own, I'm not talking open an inch or two when you closed another door nearby, I mean it would swing fully open like someone was walking through it. My parents tried locking the door and it would still swing open on its own. By the time I was learning to walk, my dad was concerned I would fall down the steps, so he went down into the basement and just said, to no one in particular, that he had a young daughter upstairs and could they please be careful with the door. Ever since then, the basement door would open, and then slowly shut on its own.

When I was younger and dumber, I was on a road trip the summer after my freshman year in college. I had been driving for maybe 5 or 6 hours straight without wearing my seatbelt. I then had a sudden urge to buckle my seatbelt. Less than 2 minutes later a driver crossed the centerline, clipped my car, causing a massive accident. My car rolled over and I walked away with bruises and scratches. I'm certain if I hadn't followed that urge, I wouldn't be here today. Still can't explain why or how that happened.

Two years ago, I woke up around 1:00 AM thinking, "I can never go home again." It was the most intense sense of homesickness I've ever experienced, full of panic and regret. I tried to calm myself down - logically, of course I could. My parents lived just a couple hours away, still in my childhood home. I'd fought hard to get away from the suburb I grew up in, so why this sudden intense longing? The next day, I got a call that my dad had been hospitalized during the night and was in the ICU. He didn't make it out. And while the house is still there, it's not home anymore.

Told this story on reddit a while ago, but my friends and I still talk about it years later. When I was in high-school, the days before cellphones were common, my friends were to come over to pick me up from my house one night. We had made plans at school for them to pick me up at 7pm. At 6, my parents said I had to come with them to do something, and I totally forgot to call my friends and tell them. They came to my house at 7pm, and called the house phone. No one answered. There was 4 of them in the car. They all told us the exact same story. They said that they were about to pull out of my driveway, but they saw someone peak through the blinds from the bedroom on the top floor right. That was my room, so they assumed that I was #ing around. five more times, they said that someone would peak through the blinds, and a couple of them said they even saw the persons eyes. We got home at probably 7:10-7:15, and they were still in our driveway. One of my friends came over and said they thought I was messing with them. Then they asked me, "So, whose staying in your room?" I told them that no one. So they asked, "Whose...home at your house right now?" Again, I told them, no one. There stone cold faces then told me what they had seen repeatedly over the last 15 minutes. At first, we all thought there was a burglar in the house or something, so we called the cops. They came over and inspected the house. There was zero signs of break in, nothing was touched and nothing was stolen. Our house had an alarm on it, so there is no way someone could have come into the house without setting off the alarm. My family, my friends, and the cop all kind of stood around for a few minutes, trying to make sense of the situation. My friends swore up and down(and still do) that they couldn't have imagined what they saw. All four of them saw the same things, and it wasn't particularly a dark night so there eyes wouldn't be playing tricks on them. To this day, none of us can make sense of the situation.

Few years ago now, I was driving home towards Chelmsford (England/Essex). Middle of winter, probably around midnight, my girlfriend is in the passenger seat. There is no moon and the road is unlit and empty and I am enjoying the drive, i'm pretty much flat out on a long right hander coming out of a roundabout when I notice there is a girl in the middle of the carriageway. She is tall, skinny and dressed head to toe in black with a long billowing skirt, she has long black hair and is facing away from me with her arms by her side. Like I said i'm pretty much flat out so it happens quickly, I swerve into the opposite lane just missing her and hit the brakes. In my rear view mirror she is momentarily lit up with my brake lights and is again facing away from me but still on the same spot and no sign of movement. I am spooked and instinctively get off the brakes and back on the gas, I can see her silhouette recede in the mirror. My girlfriend didn't see a thing but is startled awake when I swerve. I circle around the next roundabout to come back to prove i'm not crazy, but there is no sign of her. There is no path near that part of the road, it is on a slightly raised embankment through farmland, no reason for anybody to be there especially at that time of night and nowhere to hide when I came back around. I'm not religious or superstitious in the slightest and I think it's pretty easy to explain away (probably just a drunk girl or something) but it just didn't feel right, it creeped me out enough to consider it a potential paranormal experience. I had a pretty vivid night terror about the same girl sometime later, I woke up and she was tapping on the window (ground floor flat), then she was in the room but had no face. Weird.

If you've had any paranormal experience you are willing to share, please do so!

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ReligiousQuestionDude

I was house sitting for my grandmother at her farmhouse about 5 years ago. There's no one else there. I'm lying in bed one night, and I hear a click. I look up, and I watch the bathroom door handle right in front of me turn, the door open, then the door shuts and the handle turns back right in front of me. What's weird is that I didn't freak out. I just said to myself huh, I just saw a ghost open a door. And went back to reading.

My grandmother goes to senior citizens dances a lot. One night coming home she turns down the driveway and sees an upstairs light turn on in one of the rooms. So she calls the sheriff. She lives so far out in the country it takes him about 45 minutes to get there. Before the sheriff gets there, my uncle shows up and takes a gun to check the house out. He goes upstairs and sees a little girl run around a corner. He starts trying to talk to her and follows her into the room she ran into, and nothing. There's no one there. He searches the house, doesn't find anything. The sheriff searches the house and doesn't find anything. Nothing.

My grandmothers "boyfriend" stays there and sleeps in one of the upstairs rooms. He said all the time he wakes up to a little girl punching him in the back waking him up, saying "Where's my momma?" What's weird is that this house was built in the late 1970s, and no one has ever died there. But its extremely haunted.

One year at Thanksgiving, the little girl came down the stairs and vanished in front of almost the entire family. Everyone saw her. An uncle of mine from up north saw it, and still denies what he saw till this day. And still won't even talk about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I've had strange experiences my entire life. But I promise not to bore you too much! I'll just talk about our home's ghost for now.

We bought the house a little more than 20 years ago. The ghost "lives" in my daughter's old bedroom closet, now our guest room but at one time my office. We've all had personal experiences with him, but I'm the only one that's seen him clearly -- kinda sorta. When the room was my office, I was sitting at my desk one night waiting for a page to load on my computer (back in dial-up days!). I happened to look at the window over my desk, which was effectively a mirror because it was night, and I clearly saw him walk behind me from the door to the closet. He looked about in his late teens, maybe 20 years old tops; Native American; tall and slim, no shirt.

Another time while it was still my office, I was having trouble with my computer and my buddy came over to fix it. So he was at the desk and I was sitting on the bed behind him. We had been quiet for a couple minutes, and then I said something and he jumped and spun around, looking all around. He said there had been someone standing right next to him, so when I spoke from behind him it surprised him. He was sure I was standing next to him looking over his shoulder!

My son and his best friend saw the ghost out of their peripheral vision one time. I was sitting on the sofa, and they were both standing in front of me, trying to convince me to let them go romping. As they stood in front of me, both of them started following something with their eyes -- in perfect synch! -- and their eyes got wider and wider and their mouths gaped open more and more. I said, "You just saw the ghost, huh?" They were both in shock. But it got better! At that general time, I was occasionally having coins dropped around me out of the clear blue. So we decided we'd flip a coin to see if they could go romping, but none of us had a coin until all of a sudden a quarter literally fell from the ceiling in the middle of all of us... and it landed on "heads," which I had already claimed as a "no." Needless to say, they didn't go romping... they didn't want to after that! And that's good, because a monsoon blew thru and flooded arroyos all over, so they had no business being out in the canyons.

My husband and daughter have mostly just heard the ghost. But I think it has a soft spot for my daughter. On her last birthday, I had a few things I'd been picking up for her on the shelf in my closet. That morning, I could not find my bank card, which was freaking me out. I'm a creature of habit, my card has its place and is always in its place, but I could not find it anywhere! So later that afternoon, I go to wrap up the presents for my daughter, and there my bank card is. There was absolutely no rational or reasonable explanation for it to be there. Except that the ghost wanted me to wish my daughter a happy birthday for him also!

The ghost does like to hide things from us, and then return them all of a sudden -- usually in a very visible spot that there's no way we could have missed it before... but there it is! Not always though...

He may have a soft spot for my son too. When my son moved out of the house, he was working full time and going to school part time. Every so often, I would wake up from a dream of my son at my feet saying, "Mom, wake up. I need a ride to school." It freaked me out the first couple times, and I'd call my son to make sure he was okay, but every time he'd say, "I'm glad you called -- I overslept!" Or for some reason be glad I called. One time he said his battery was dead and he needed a ride. At some point, it was no longer my son in the dream, but the ghost waking me up -- but the ghost still calls me "Mom." I had one of those dreams a couple weeks ago, and when I texted my son, sure enough -- he had overslept!

Lots more stuff has gone on with our ghost, but I guess I'll leave it at that!

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Loving the stories! Keep them coming!

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I love these stories too! I keep refreshing the page hoping for more...

Come on folks -- share!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here's some more stories I've heard from my family:

My aunt was asleep one night and woke up. She glances down at the end of the bed and there is standing some type of "pan" looking thing as she described it. Like a man, but with the bottom half of a goat. She screams, and the thing disappears. Right afterwards she goes to check on the kids. Everyone is fine, except for my oldest cousin, who is thrashing around in bed. She starts yelling at him and shaking him and eventually he wakes up screaming.

My uncle swears he saw a man blowing a trumpet float out of the ground and up into the sky.

Funny story, another uncle of mine was on pcp back in the seventies and a tornado picked his truck up with him in it and sat it on the other side of a fence. He swears it was really aliens abducting him.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I was laying in my room and I got the feeling to look to my right. When I did I saw a little girl in a Victorian looking dress with a butcher knife. I freaked and quickly looked away thinking that she would disappear if I looked away. After a couple seconds I look again and she was still there. I can't remember what her face looked like but the knife told me everything I needed to know. I look away saying "damn, what the hell?". I look back and she was gone.

That is the only ghost thing I have ever experienced.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Sunnyvale California used to have a Toys R Us toy store that was notorious for being haunted. Employees and customers alike would report toys leaping off shelves, bathroom water faucets turning on and off, phantom touches, etc.

A few years back, I was at one of the cashiers, and my daughter went over to one of the little 50 cent candy dispensers near the front. There was a purple Flintstones Dino the Dinosaur ride right next to that area, just inside the exit door. When operated, it would rock back and forth and play the Flintstones theme song. I didn't pay much attention to my daughter as she walked the 20 feet or so to the candy, but as she approached, I could here "Yabba Dabba Doooooooo!" in Fred Flinstone's distinctive voice, just like in the opening theme to the Flintstones TV show, coming from the area of the Dinosaur ride. It wasn't very loud at all, but it was very clear.

I suspected it was just a normal sound that comes from the ride; perhaps it had a sensor when people get near that triggers the sound that is built into the ride. The logical and reasonable side of my brain tells me this, but I wonder....This ride is just an old fashioned ride that sort of undulates slowly for about a minute after you put in 50 cents. I have a hard time believing that any acoustic set-up with this sort of non-digital old-fashioned ride would sound so clear.

I went back to the Sunnyvale Toys R Us several times more since the experience I had with my daughter, and I heard Fred's "yabba dabba do" one other time. I contacted a company that restores these types of rides, and they said that this particular ride does NOT have the capability of making these sort of audio "lures" for enticing kids to ride them. There was another Toys R Us in our location in San Jose that had the same ride, but I never heard the sound, nor had the employees at that store that I asked.

Another person had a similar experience, albeit more sinister: www.abovetopsecret.com

May or may not be paranormal, but given the history of the place, it makes you think.
edit on 8-6-2019 by Monsieur Neary because: typo

edit on 8-6-2019 by Monsieur Neary because: another typo

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

This thread reminds me of the good ole days on ATS. Thank You!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have electrical paranormal happenings.

There are four fire alarms in the up stairs of my house in a row. One in one bedroom, two in the living room and another in the other bedroom. Some downstairs. One time in the middle of the night about 2am. I am all alone my husband is away traveling for work. The fire alarm in my room went off, I jumped out of bed to inspect and there was no smoke or fire. I Unplugged and took the battery out. Lay back down and just asleep when the next alarm goes off. Repeat over again for the next two; then the fourth one went off. I was shaken at this point and decided to get out of the house and go find some batteries- I needed a break from the creepiness. I grabbed my purse and drove to the closest open store and bought four new batteries. I think the guy working the counter thought I was nuts. Installed the batteries when I got home and never have they gone off one after another since.

Another is I had a radio in the living room unplugged and sitting by my back door for a couple of months unused. One morning getting ready for work. I went to sit on the couch near the radio to put on my shoes when suddenly the radio started blaring a song (I can't remember what song now- I wish I could). I grabbed the radio and threw it off the upstairs deck into the yard, went to work. Threw the radio in the trash when I got home from work.
edit on 8-6-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hmmmnnn... Well let me tell you my story. And this is really quite weird. Because. It's part of the story of how I became a saint. Apocalyptic visions and stigmata in which an ancient Jewish name for God was stamped into my leg by a supernatural force. So here's what happened.

9-11-2001. My 9-11 experience had led me to a prophecy in the bible and that really showed me some strange supernatural effects on that old KJV bible I had. So how do you describe "static" on a printed page of paper? And then watching the page rewrite itself over and over again. And finally when something realized I was watching it SCREAMED at ME. Needless to say that I realized that something was really wrong with the world that day.

So after thinking about it for about a week and looking back at that prophecy and confirming my worse fears I realized I needed to figure out what was going on. So I studied up on the prophecy and read through various books on the bible and realized what I needed to do was decipher out the prophecy and write it out.

So now it's the middle of October and everything is figured out but for one verse. And I'm mentally working on it. And then I get the 4th meaning of that verse. And then I did something really really stupid. I said the meaning out loud.

And then ALL HOLY F******* HELL BROKE LOOSE. Harry Potter would have been proud at the fuss I caused. I got to see the stars of the saints. I heard the rushing of the wind. And I actually felt the presence of the Holy Spirit. The kind of Acts 2 religious experience that people would kill for.

But this is what I experienced.

I felt the presence of "something" in my head. Like it had been watching and waiting for this moment. And when I said the magic words it sort of went "oh really?" And then it scampered off. And then there was this ding in my ear like a hearing test. And then my vision blacked out. And suddenly I wasn't in Kansas anymore.

It was like my spirit had been taken out of my body and I was being propelled upwards at a high rate of speed. And the stars were sliding by and oddly enough numbers. The number 2 to be precise. Then after a few seconds of that then the picture changed. I was just there in the darkness looking at the stars. But it was a strange darkness and the stars were different too. For in the darkness I could sense the words of the prophecy I had been working on. And scattered among the words were the stars. But they were actually numbers. The number 2. And these 2's were showing the points of duality in the prophecy. It was a tutorial of sorts.

Then after a few seconds of that then the focus of the vision changed. I was back in my body. And this extremely bright picture of the vision I just had was in my head. And it seemed to be expanding. And for a few seconds there was extreme pressure in my head. And then I heard the rushing of the wind. And then it was all over. Leaving me with a strange headache for the rest of the day.

And one more little detail to add. It was 11-2-2001. About 11 in the morning. I was sitting in my truck cab waiting for the cold storage plant I was at to unload the truck. I was dozing at the wheel. Then there was this stinging on my leg. So I scratched it. But my fingers came back bloody. So I looked and saw a 2 cut into my leg. In little circles so fresh they were still bleeding.

And now you know. Doesn't the mark of God make a great ATS Avatar?"

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Your story is interesting to me on how it is manifested in your body.

And then there was this ding in my ear like a hearing test.

This makes me think of the internal speakers that I have heard once in a state where I was awake, very aware but the body is needing sleep.

On One level spirituality is about energy manifesting. And the energy then manifests ideas in the brain that is decoded.

Some people who seek can listen to both the divine (symbiotic) and the demonic (ego manipulative). It is like a frequency dial on a radio. Some people play with sound without thinking like a child making noises before it learns what language it should talk/understand.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

My older brother and I shared a room when we were kids. One night when I was about 12 I was sleeping when I felt some pressure on my feet, like someone was sitting on the end of the bed. I opened my eyes and saw this little figure about 8-10 inches tall standing down at the end of the bed. This was a good 5-6 years before Star Wars but the best I can describe him is he looked a lot like Yoda. I froze in panic and he started walking toward my face with his arms folded across his chest and staring right at me. He walked right up my legs over my stomach and onto my chest. I couldn't move but I noticed that he weighed a lot more than he appeared for his size! He was standing on my chest and I could hardly draw a breath from the weight. After a second or two he looks to the side and jumps into the closet, which was the old sliding door kind which didn't even have doors. I yelled and jumped out of bed and flipped on the lights which woke my brother who was like "What the hell??!!". I told him about the little dude and pointed to the closet where my clothes were swinging back and forth on the rod. We spent a good 10 minutes working up the nerve to poke around in there but when we did we found nothing. Never had anything like that happen again - I made my Dad install new closet doors the very next weekend.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Just another little detail here. According to Jewish Mythology it's said that if you meditate on Torah verses it's possible to see visions. I suspect that's what happened to me. And another part to the story.

A day or two after I had the first vision I felt the urge to look at the bible I looked at on 9-11. And saw another odd sight. The twos were back. Overlaying the printed pages on that bible. Some pages were bare. Others had a light dusting of twos. Then I leafed all the way back to Revelation and got a surprise. Revelation was black with all the twos covering those pages.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I'm recently researching the spirit box sessions within the EVP topic there are some very interesting people who talk to spirits either by the Panasonic dr60 or spirit boxes the answers on questions are clear and direct on many occasions.

Trying to understand how dimensions work and connect them with the UAP is my main research on this topic.
I'm in the assumption that they're closely related, I mainly think that because in several occasions spirits are confirming other entities besides human entities both living and dead in the surroundings these recordings take place.

top topics

join