It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentecost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This weekend is the most important religious holiday. The holy spirit may rain down on us and fill our souls with his presence. And suddenly we will understand no matter what language we speak, we will recognise the Holy Spirit in the people we meet.
Pentecost is one of the oldest religious days surviving, schawuot, which means it might be as old as we harvest wheat.

I think it's exactly what we need, so let's pray his Holy Spirit will rain down on us.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

As someone raised as a catholic and has over 2 decades under their belt of musical ministry through many denominations.
I hope you find what you need.
Again as referenced above, you will not find it in organized religion unless you have done so already.

But I am happy to pray with you. " Let's pray his Holy Spirit will rain down on us."

I will add the caveat in an enlightening way. As depending on the preacher it may well be fire and brimstone, or enlightenment.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I'm 1/3 catholic, mostly hippy, I believe all religions need some updates. Revelation, it means epiphanies for everyone, mental orgasms when his wisdom gets revealed to you,.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Who's wisdom? God, or Jesus, or the preacher you choose to follow?
I've not been let down by the messages in the bible. And there have been some harsh messages in the bible.
But the only preacher I heard that has not let me down was from a Unity preacher.
Unity (not Unitarian) do choose to use other holy books in their sermons, and preaching.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I don't believe Jesus is the one we should focus on, only one god means only one god. Sure Jesus was a cool dude, but human.
Just like following no wrong leader/preacher means following no one, no (organised) religion means no religion. That includes your sect. The truth is not found in what others say but in what you live.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I don't believe Jesus is the one we should focus on, only one god means only one god. Sure Jesus was a cool dude, but human.
Just like following no wrong leader/preacher means following no one, no (organised) religion means no religion. That includes your sect. The truth is not found in what others say but in what you live.

Agreed.
So why are you advocating a religious day when no religion exists?

Praise Odin?

Perhaps you can clarify your OP, to fit with the post I have quoted?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   

That's actually a good question, sorry I sometimes assume people would know the obvious, because it's my train of thought you don't have to have the same, sorry.
I believe there is an intelligence which can make reality seem like childsplay, something we humans are in contact with since we developed the capabilities to tell stories. Intelligence is a reaction to our contact with something above us, it's something we are subconsiously (?) striving for. All search for wisdom is a search for god, if you're aware of it or not.
Religion is to me the record of what was on the people's minds at that time. And just like I respect and acknowledge there might be something to the experience they're describing I believe once upon a time these events might have happened to some on, like that but maybe different.
And in this case it's also nice to share a festivity with the ancestors. Ancient rituals.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Pentecost tomorrow is the birthday of the church

Also the day God chooses his people....like at the mountain.

Also it's the top rapture date now.......it's harvests, too....Pentecost is harvest waving, supposed to wave two loaves of bread...so
edit on 8-6-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 8-6-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

top topics

join