It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School gives nonverbal Autistic boy most annoying student award

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

"Visceral reaction"????? Seriously?????

Gram, you should know by now I hold no grudges. None at all. I'd be even more disappointed if you thought I did. I even talk happily with many of this forums arch enemies on other sub-forums. Please don't go there, it's a mistake.

Honestly, I think what's bothering you is someone taking you to task for your own debate. I'm not here to "win", I'm just here to offer a differing opinion. And, on this subject, my opinion differs somewhat from yours (because I see the two issues as separate).

I have nothing but love and support for children with autism. I equally have much disdain for the educational system in this country. Can you see the difference? Please look over my posts on this whole thread and tell me where I have said differently.

Take care, my friend.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yes the reaction seemed visceral

It seems an extreme reaction to not just say I disagree, or you are wrong, but to instead say you are disappointed in me, it may affect you thoughts in videos I do, the mods are backing me with stars, etc

To me, that seemed like more than a normal reaction and disagreement

I don’t know what you mean by taking me to task for my debate? You think I’m upset because I perceive you as making me look bad in this disagreement? In my opinion you are not making me look bad, so I don’t think your assessment here is correct

I didn’t attack you, I did t say you disliked kids with autism. We just disagree in if the teacher should have gave this award

You said we would disagree, I left it at that

Then you made another post joking about how awful the thread is (using sacrasm)

I responded, again without any animosity toward you

Then you claimed i wouldn’t let it go and made what seemed to be the very strong reaction beyond a disagreement that I mentioned

I was honestly shocked you would react in that way, but respect it’s your right to do so and don’t hold a grudge

And I am still puzzled at how you respect ketsukos opinion and think so little of mine when they are nearly identical

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Okay, let me start from a different place....

You win. I was completely wrong. Every point I made was in error. I stand corrected on all fronts.

Is that better?

And I am still puzzled at how you respect ketsukos opinion and think so little of mine when they are nearly identical

Okay, I'll be perfectly honest. Ketsuko is a very measured poster and I highly respect her posts. They are normally well thought out, to the point and without challenge. So yes, I do give her posts a little deference. Quite frankly, I learn from many of them.

Honest enough?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
A teachers job is to teach not humiliate. You can slice this one however you want, but it was wrong to publicly humiliate a child with Autism, period. If this was my child I would’ve been really pissed and guaranteed teacher and I would have had a few words and I’m not one that’s easily offended.

Just because you can do something doesn’t make it a good idea to do it.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

And, once again, I will say... you have no idea what context this "award" was presented in, you don't know the child, the school, the teachers or the parents involved.

You only know what you read in the zerohedge story linked in the OP designed to get your panties all up in a knot!

edit on 6/8/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

If you don’t want to continue the conversation that is fine, but don’t say you were wrong if you don’t believe it

As far as ketsukos post, yeah I agree with what you said about her post history

I still dont see how that justifies respecting her opinion that was nearly the same as mine, and disliking my opinion so much it makes you think less of me

But that’s fine we all have our own standards for what we like in discussion and if you don’t like how I presented my point that is perfectly fine

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Ok, you’ve aroused my curiosity. In what context do you feel this “Award” would be acceptable?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Is this about you...or her?

ETA...or is this about the OP?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Already answered that...it was a foolish award, and anyone giving it should have known better.

But, then again, you haven't read my posts here...have you?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Updated article:

3 teachers, principal disciplined over student with autism’s ‘most annoying male’ award

wgntv.com...

"According to a statement released Friday by the school district, an internal investigation was launch after parents of a fifth grade student said their son was humiliated at an awards luncheon."

"Rick Castejon, Akalis’ father said they gave out awards for things like “best student,” “funniest,” “class clown,” and other categories.

He said his son was singled out by students and teacher and received the “most annoying male award.”"

"Friday the school issued a statement that said the investigation resulted in “in three teachers being served preliminary determination notice of contract cancellation. The school’s principal has been placed on administrative leave pending an additional investigation.”"

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I can do this all day, my friend. All day, and all night.

I will continue the conversation as long as you can stand it.

I'm sure you know I was being sarcastic by giving up. It's not my style. (but I'm sure you knew that too)

LOL!

Your discussion was presented just fine. Biased as it was. I take exception to it. We don't agree. And, THAT is perfectly fine.

I understand your emotion, I really do, but I'm not sure I take a hard stand on the evidence presented. This was a "hit story", and it was designed to fire people up. Sad it fired you up.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Fire 'em ALL!!

So...how was that "Class Clown" award received??????

**just wondering**

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
OH...this is getting better!!

"Class Clown"??????????????????

Where does it end???

OMG!

ETA - So, "Most Annoying Male" wasn't even the half of it!!!

---->>panties all up in a knot!!

What say ya, Grambler????

Seems there's a whole lot of "bullying" going on with these kids, now doesn't it???

Hmmmm...now the real story comes out.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Define the difference between "Class Clown" and "Most Annoying"!

I'll be waiting.

Maybe we should just shut down the whole school for kids with autism, right? Just shut the damn joint down!

Then what???

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

And, once again, I will say... you have no idea what context this "award" was presented in, you don't know the child, the school, the teachers or the parents involved

Text Already answered that...it was a foolish award, and anyone giving it should have known better. But, then again, you haven't read my posts here...have you?

The statement you made above tends to lead one to think there’s a certain level of acceptability, where the award would be an ok thing to do. Which is why I asked you the question the way I did. I’ve read enough of your post to already know you’d think this was a asinine thing to do. Nothing to make a mountain over my friend.

And yes I read your post and respect your views but I certainly don’t always catch everything in a thread

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Define the difference between "Class Clown" and "Most Annoying"!

Depends upon which type of student takes away from the lunch room census...

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think we should just shut this whole damn insensitive god-damn school down, bulldoze their building, and send all these kids home to their parents. These jack-wagons have no business teaching autistic children, right?

Burn that F#'er down!

(not really)

I mean, C'mon, let's get real. Not a single one of us know the real story here. Everyone is incensed about some internet story. None of us know the child, the situation, the school, the parents, the teachers or the school management.

And now there's the "Class Clown" thing.

OH Man.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I think we should just shut this whole damn insensitive god-damn school down, bulldoze their building, and send all these kids home to their parents. These jack-wagons have no business teaching autistic children, right?

Burn that F#'er down!

(not really)

I mean, C'mon, let's get real. Not a single one of us know the real story here. Everyone is incensed about some internet story. None of us know the child, the situation, the school, the parents, the teachers or the school management.

And now there's the "Class Clown" thing.

OH Man.

You seriously can't figure this out? I mean, obviously the most annoying kid is the kid who costs the most in free lunch.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Fire 'em ALL!!

So...how was that "Class Clown" award received??????

**just wondering**

I have the upmost respect for you and generally don't disagree with you. However, class clown does not have a negative connotation; it means you are someone who is humorous and makes the class laugh. " Most annoying student" cannot be construed in any other way- it is a put down.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I had to bring my lunch.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join