It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School gives nonverbal Autistic boy most annoying student award

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Stick to making fun of disabled kids, your not very good at this logic thing.

Am actually making fun of you and how serious your taking this....

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

C'mon Grambler...that's a bad strawman and you know it.

You're way better than that!

I don't think I need to point out molestation is a felony, whereas being annoying is not even a crime.

Otherwise, fair enough. We disagree.

Its not a strawman when I am asking a question.

You are saying that mocking a kid with autism as annoying can be beneficial because it will force parents to help the child make positive changes.

Where is the cut off then?

The fact that molestation is a felony is irrelevant; making fun of molestation is not a felony, that's what we are talking about.

If the molestation award could possibly help the parents make better decisions to help change the child to not suffer negative consequences of molestation, in your interpretation why should that award be avoided?

If the answer is well there are some things that mocking a child for is so terrible the possible benefit of changing the parents parenting isn't worth it, I would agree with you and say that is exactly where I am coming from in not wanting teachers mocking kids with autism.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well you are bad at that too.

I know, why don't you make another thread lamenting how you are such a terrible victim of all of the trump supporters on here?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So... I'm trying to understand why a kid with autism who only rocks back and forth and sometimes shakes would even be in school,even a special school for people with autism. What is it his parents are expecting him to learn? I have very little understanding of autism so someone enlighten me. Is it free babysitting by putting him in school with other children with autism or is it hopeful that he will snap out of it one day? This whole article sounds....well.....dumb.
edit on 8-6-2019 by baddmove because: words

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

The parents want to feel like they have a normal kid.
They don't give a damn if theirs disrupts the classroom and is a hindrance on the rest of the kids.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: baddmove

The parents want to feel like they have a normal kid.
They don't give a damn if theirs disrupts the classroom and is a hindrance on the rest of the kids.

First the kid was in special ed classes

Second having autism does not mean you can’t learn anything in school

Now the school should take any overly disruptive student out of class or it effects everyone else

But I wouldn’t be so quick to judge the parents, and o certainly would recommend doing what this teacher did

edit on 8-6-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Please excuse my. Language but if I had a child get this award from a male special education teacher he would find out the meaning of word bitch slapped across auditorium and been looking for a new job and if it was a female teacher I would expect the same response from my better half. This is inexcusable behavior from any teacher but from one who is supposed to be special trained to deal with children with special needs makes my blood boil. At least they didn,t do like that school a few years ago that placed an autistic child inside a restraining bag .

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

No you're not.

He made you look an idiot and you want everyone to think you're being that way on purpose.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I've had to much experience with autistic kids in regular classrooms.
My daughter would come home with stories about what happened in class today.
It happened enough that it eliminated any tolerance I have for the whole situation.

And I said earlier the teacher was an ass.
Kids shouldn't be singled out.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Look I personally received this award before why because I was always pissed I would put my homework in the homework basket and then receive a zero because some little turd who did not do the assignment would walk over to basket and take out my paper and copy my answers and throw my paper away . When I complained about it I was accused of lying so I started putting my homework on teachers desk and the lazy teacher would tell me no no no homework goes in the homework basket on other side of classroom. So I walk it back there and then get another zero because as soon as it hots basket it gets stole eventually I caught the thief and beat crap out of them but I still flunked that year because of that and teacher telling parents I do not know why to failed he always scored above 95 on his tests but he rarely did homework assignments. Smdmfh.
You ask why the teacher did not collect homework because she was to busy doing her crossword puzzle book.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I've had to much experience with autistic kids in regular classrooms.
My daughter would come home with stories about what happened in class today.
It happened enough that it eliminated any tolerance I have for the whole situation.

And I said earlier the teacher was an ass.
Kids shouldn't be singled out.

There is definitely a huge problem with schools allowing disruptive kids to affect others, rather if he from disabilities or behavior in general

But I wouldn’t blame a parent for sending their kid to school necessarily

I will say working in the field there is some optimism of specialized schools and classrooms that can benefit people with disabilities, but there needs to be much improvement

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Well you are bad at that too.

I know, why don't you make another thread lamenting how you are such a terrible victim of all of the trump supporters on here?

Why don’t you run for congress.....oh wait

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Disgusting.

This so called teacher should be fired. This is nothing less than bullying, and should be treated as such. What else has this bully been up to, I wonder?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Why even have a most annoying kid award? What's the purpose of such a thing? Truly a disgusting action by those who came up with this, and further add insult to injury to the child and family for a condition the child cannot control.

My niece suffers from autism and also receives odd mistreatment from the staff who see it as a hinderance to their day to day life instead of seeking to help the child grow. These types of teachers hate themselves and their carreer choice.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: efabian

You think this kind of bullshiite make this kid stronger, seriously? The kid does not understand..the parents sure do.
No, this the supposed adults in this making fun, and its WRONG!!

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

As a parent, you don't always have a choice. The law says your child has to attend school, and if your financial situation is such that you are stuck with what the public system will or won't do for you, then that's what it is. Your son or daughter goes there.

Did it ever occur to you that the parents of the children disrupting your child's class don't really want their son or daughter in that situation but don't have the financial means to do anything else except what the public school will do? And if they pull them out, then they're legally outside the law?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

That's the hell of it though, the kid very well might understand and not be able to control what's happening.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It is abhorrent, absolutely disgusting that this teacher did this.

Even though the child may not be aware of being given an offensive " award"; the other kids in the class have learned it is okay to pick on the weakest(someone unable to defend himself) and make fun of him. They have been taught he is less than and not worthy of respect. The teacher should be fired immediately!

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Just out of interest, I wonder at the ideological affiliation of the teacher. Most teachers side with a liberalism ideology, I wonder if this one does as well. It. It would bring into question the dogma of the left if the teacher is a leftist and intolerant.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Didnt think there would be a thread where I agree with Gambler rather than you, but you are coming across as a total dick.

Might be worth thinking about.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join