It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School gives nonverbal Autistic boy most annoying student award

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

You know what's a really 'sad day'?

When everyone gets their panties all up in a wad over some article on the internet which is designed specifically for one purpose and one purpose only...to get everyone's panties all up in a wad.

That's a sad day.

And do you know why? Because (and read carefully here because there might be a quiz)...the more people who click on it, as it's linked from website to website, with ever increasing people getting their panties all up in a wad over it, means the more total 'clicks' the article will get, which translates into more advertisement views on the web page, which translates into more revenue for the website which posted the article...for the specific purpose of...getting everyone's panties all up in a wad.

edit on 6/8/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Can you understand what I have stated?

Did you read what I have already posted?

I answered this question already.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Answer this:
Will the child in question change their behavior now he has received this award?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Can you understand what I have stated?

Did you read what I have already posted?

No, no s/he did not because they went to the same school as Akalis.

I also suspect they may also have received the same award.
edit on 8-6-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Answer: Yes.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Answer: Yes.

Really?
How can you be so sure when he doesn't understand the award?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

He doesn't have to.

Again, I've already answered this. Please don't make me regurgitate it.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The child was happy to receive a gold star..... he does not know that it is an award for being annoying.

I don't think you get it.... his behaviour is very unlikely to change.

edit on 8-6-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I don't think you get it.... his behaviour is very unlikely to change.

Then lets hope next year they spell the name of the school correctly on the trophy.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Okay, I'm in a benevolent mood this morning so I will explain (again).

School: And the award for most annoying male goes to...Billy!

Parent: How dare you! He's autistic and in a special school for kids with autism. That's wrong!

School: Yes we were wrong.

Parent: I DEMAND an apology!

School: It wasn't appropriate.

Parent: That's not an apology. You bastages!

School: Okay, we're sorry.

Parent (later, thinking to themselves): **Hmmmmm...I wonder what Billy is doing which makes him so annoying to others? Maybe I can help him and encourage him away from those types of behaviors so he fits in with the rest of the students better. As Billy's parent, I really don't want Billy to get the most annoying male award next year. Billy is a great kid and I want him to be loved by others just the same way we love him.**

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Please tell me you are not suggesting that the behavior of an 11 year old boy will never change...throughout his lifetime!

Of course it will change, and in many ways too, even with autism.

I'm afraid it is you who doesn't 'get it'.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: efabian
a reply to: Grambler

Wouldn't the teacher be treating him as an equal by giving the kid the award?
Or you prefer for them to treat him as someone "different"?

I think you deserve an award for the most annoying person on ATS, but that award is allready taken. Lucky for you, an award for the most ugly and disgusting soul on ATS is free for you to get
Hope you enjoy.
Just being honest, i know you of all people will understand

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Not by giving him an award he doesn't understand.

If the teacher or school have an issue with a child who does not understand the award of most annoying then they should have a meeting with the parents.

Since when did any school give awards for negative behavior?
Even if this child understood that the shiny gold star was for being annoying.... he was just happy to get a gold star.
He is being encouraged to win again..... his thinking would be how do I get another gold star....... Oh be really annoying.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Autistic kids shouldn't be in the same class with the normal kids.

My daughter was latched onto by an autistic kid around 3rd grade and she was able to calm him down. As the years went by the school would pull her out of class when he started melting down.

They were just bragging up how great she was for him until I pointed out he wasnt doing her any favors and demanded they end the practice.

The teacher that gave this award is a dick.
But the kid shouldn't have been there..

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Despite my opinions about what awards should be given out in schools these days...this 'teacher' should have known that giving out an award of "Most Annoying Male" to any student, let alone one with autism, would cause almost certain repercussions and backlash.

I will grant that much.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Even if that's true, what utility does that have when the kid is disabled to the point he doesn't understand the award?

None in you world, just keep them indoors, locked up form the real world where they don’t have to deal with people making fun of them, that way they never need to develop those utilities.

So not wanting teachers to mock a kid with disabilities means I want him locked up indoors?

Stick to making fun of disabled kids, your not very good at this logic thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

So again whats the limit?

Teacher: The award for the most molested kid goes to...

Parent: geez how helpful. I will now use this award to teach my kid how to be less likely to be molested.

I find it very unlikely that these parents of a non verbal autistic child were unaware that their child may seem annoying to people without autism.

I don't think the award was a wake up call that will suddenly spring them to action and benefit the child.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

How do you know the parents made him feel awkward? The dad specifically said he didn't cause a seen at the event. The mom later took the complaint to the office.

Being non verbal does not mean the parents cant understand what the kid feels.

And yes, ofte times kids and adults with disabilities are mocked cruelly by people exploiting them for laughs but the disabled person doesn't understand they are being mocked and feel like part of a group.

So again, where do you cut the line off? Can we make fun of a disabled person for being molested because they smile when they get the award?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: efabian

In all likelihood, the kid was very annoying, but it's also very likely the kid is at least to some degree extremely aware that he's annoying others and cannot help it.

People with autism aren't exactly retards. Many have normal to well above average mental capacity in the IQ department. Their brains handicap them by being wired differently in other ways. They're basically trapped inside. Prisoners to their own neurology.

I have some degree of sensory over-sensitivity. It's not life-handicapping like it is for some, but it was annoying. I went through much of school with a boy-short haircut because I had sensitivity to touch. I couldn't stand to have the tangles combed out of my hair which is very fine and tangles easily. Early on, my mother gave up on the nightly battles to comb my hair out and simply opted for a short boy cut. Similarly, there are certain fabrics that are simply too itchy. I won't wear blouses often today because I find them abrasive to my skin. Most of my shirts are missing tags because they itch.

For autistic kids, that sensitivity ramps up to levels they cannot tolerate and act out on. They cannot help it. It's too overwhelming.

And that's the tip of the iceberg of challenges for them.

It simply isn't fair to label them as something they know they are and cannot help being.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

C'mon Grambler...that's a bad strawman and you know it.

You're way better than that!

I don't think I need to point out molestation is a felony, whereas being annoying is not even a crime.

Otherwise, fair enough. We disagree.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join