It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US cop sentenced over shooting death of Australian woman - triggers Somalis,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
US cop sentenced over shooting death of Australian woman - triggers Somalis, calling it attack on Muslim Immigrants

www.news.com.au...

Locals have slammed the jailing of a former US cop for killing an unarmed Australian woman, calling him a “victim of identity politics”.

Protesters have lashed out over the sentencing of killer cop Mohamed Noor, slamming the “racist” decision to jail him.

The drama occurred outside court as former US police officer Mohamed Noor, 33, was sentenced to 12 years and six months behind bars over killing of unarmed Australian woman Ruszczyk Damond, 40.

Protesters from the Somali-American community held placards, calling the ruling unjust and labelling the case “identity politics”.

According to the ABC, the large group of protesters called the sentence “an aberration of justice and an attack on Muslim immigrants”, although the crowd left quickly and peacefully.

Really?
12 1/2 years for murdering a women approaching him asking assistance and unarmed.

Her family got a life sentence!

On Friday, Judge Kathryn Quaintance sentenced him to 12 years and six months behind bars.

“The act may have been based on a miscalculation, but it was an intentional act,” Ms Quaintance said. “Good people sometimes do bad things.”

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

*ahem*

HEY!

ASSTARDS! YOU'RE "COUNTRYMAN" KILLED AN INNOCENT WOMAN. BE GLAD THE #TARD DIDN'T GET THE CHAIR YOU WHINEY BASTARDS!

NOW. . . . GO # YOURSELVES AND GET OVER IT YOU #HEADS.

Sorry mods, if you must, I will understand.
edit on Fri Jun 7 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Gotta love his lawyers.

"Your honor, I know my defendant was found guilty by the jury, But I was wondering if you would maybe consider.......just dropping all charges and letting him go."

I mean, I guess if you don't ask you'll never know the answer.
edit on 7-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Members of Minneapolis’ large Somali expat community protested the sentence outside court, claiming Noor was treated differently to white officers who shot minority members of the public.

Noor’s supporters held placards including “Black Muslim Immigrant Guilty” and “Noor: Victim of Identity Politics.”

Maybe so, if he was white maybe they would have covered it up and there'd be no justice at all.

If you're a privileged Somali who happens to identify as a follower of Muhammad you get a "free pass"?
Got it: I'll bear that in mind next time I run across someone wearing a hijab, or thawb.

You can't have it both ways

And heres some stats on Sudanese-born people crime in Australia; make of it what you will

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Way to show them!

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Another thing, just a random blurb.

That dudes lawyer creeps me out, weird looking fellow and his hat fetish(he seems to be wearing a different hat everytime I see him) is even stranger.

He looks like one of those guys from that show fringe.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You have to cool it with the all caps or triggering - we can have a civil discussion without the drama some of you showed in "that" thread.

Time to ? try ? to keep ATS classy?

But I get your disgust.

Woman stabs Herself 3 Times because of Trump Derangement Syndrome

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Way to show them!

Free expression, Poo.

It's what I do.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I have never been classy, never taken the high road, and never been nice when being an utter dick served a better purpose.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Oh yes, this was clearly a case of racism, not because he shot and killed a white woman...... nooooooo
and not because she was wearing her Pj's and not a burka...... noooooooo

he was arrested and convicted for his.......... beliefs!

Strange that that didn't prevent him from obtaining a career in the police force?

Go figure

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
In Noors defense, most cops are aware of crime stats and sadly that does effect their policing habits.

In minneapolis, when a middle aged blonde haired white woman in her nightgown approaches you, you are statistically very likely to be in life threatening danger.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

You have to cool it with the all caps or triggering - we can have a civil discussion without the drama some of you showed in "that" thread.

Time to ? try ? to keep ATS classy?

But I get your disgust.

Woman stabs Herself 3 Times because of Trump Derangement Syndrome

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Asking a right winger to have an emotion free civil discussion?

I would say when pigs fly. But cops have helicopters these days.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

They were called the observers; maybe you're onto something.

A sign that they are part of the "gang" of insiders - didn't work with the female Judge, maybe if it the Judge was male?

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Fair enough. Each to their own. Lots of back slapping for the first 2 pages of that thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

This is what happens when you hire people to fill quotas rather than on merit and skill.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Village Idiot

If you recall he had already been shifted around a got special lenient treatment in his career, prior to that posting.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Ok its was a reported sexual assault - so the cop would have been on edge if approached by a man, not a scantily clad female who may have been the victim.

www.news.com.au...

Ms Damond, formerly of Sydney, had called police to report a possible sexual assault after hearing a woman scream behind her house. But when an unarmed Ms Damond — dressed in a pink T-shirt with koalas on it, pyjama pants, carrying a glittery gold iPhone — walked towards the patrol car barefoot and to meet police, Noor shot her in the abdomen at point blank range.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Yes agreed - finally a post that gets to the root of the problem.

When I last went in to get an updated photo for my MDL, there were those "public servants" that chose to dress down to the area they served, then there were the "tatts" in your face and the hijabs.
LOL I thought I had walked into flea market on a lazy long weekend.

I've always believed that what you wear to work reflects on your attitude or values and what you're trying to project to the people you interact with. But their co-workers can't do a damn thing, once they're employed.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Very witty, blue lives matter leftist freak a reply to: underwerks

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I thought this was sounded familiar. ATS: This topic when it happened

At the time there were many questions over the "official" story about what happened. It might be good to good to go over the old thread on this to play catch-up on the situation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join