It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Called out for acting like a white man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Have the liberals done a mind EF on you so bad....

Serious question, Do you hate yourself? Do you feel embarrassed by what you are?

edit on 7-6-2019 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Nice neighborhoods you can drive around in

the neighborhoods that are on the brink, is where the cops care if you drive around, so it won't become a crap hole location

crap hole neighborhoods, don't care because they have bigger fish to fryer
edit on 7-6-2019 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It sounds like you have some pent up frustrations.

Or maybe your own life experiences make you see something that isn't really there.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

That is funny, but no liberal would be caught dead in a right wing hat.

it's like when I hear "white power", I aint that strong, I'm just tall.

or 'white supremacy" I'm good at some video games, but thats it.

"Kill whitey" what did I ever do to you?

"white privilege" that means I got to work a physically labor intesive job, that no one else will do. wooohooo

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Watched this earlier, has some fantastic data in it(starts around the 3 minute mark). While it is "shocking" to see it all charted out like this, it just reinforces what many have been observing over the past few years. The good news that it still looks to be that "small and vocal" subset of a certain side that is falling off the rails. Sadly, the rest of us have to be exposed to their insanity.

edit on 7-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
So much arrogance and patronizing to put all those white stereotypes together..."but not you, just the white race does these things." If you don't thinks it is right to stereotype other groups, you should hold off doing it to any group. Ugh.
Any way, what's a white person supposed to act like? Anything else would be considered cultural appropriation.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Serious question, Do you hate yourself? Do you feel embarrassed by what you are?

What?

No sir not at all. I love myself. People actually tell me my ego is too big sometimes.

I do recognize my flaws though. We all have them. I also recognize the flaws in the society we live in.

I grew up poor, in minority neighborhoods. Ive witnessed first hand the hundreds of breaks I was given that my friends werent. I know first hand that that has led me to being more comfortable "breaking the rules" and "taking risks." Im not saying I can get away with murder.. but.. Ive been driving for 15 years, and Ive never gotten a ticket. Ive been pulled over a handful of times, even for doing some things that were blatantly against the law.. and Ive gotten warnings. In school I was in detention all the time, suspended many times.. but never expelled (when others were expelled instantly). At work... I dont officially have a degree.. I do have 4 years of college and other higher education and certifications... but Ive gotten promotions, and landed jobs over POC with masters degrees and a much better work history.

I dont hate myself. I just recognize that white privilege is a thing. Its real, Ive benefited from it. I think the only reason why its so easy for me to see is because of where I came from and how I grew up. I lived in that contrast.

Recognizing white privilege doesnt mean you have to hate yourself, hate white people, give up everything you have, change your life... etc...

If someone tells you that, they are one of the crazy liberals (just like there's crazy conservatives)

Recognizing your white privileged means you appreciate what you have no matter how big or how small, or even if you have nothing, and you're down and out, appreciating that it isnt worse. The only responsibility that comes with it, is a responsibility that everyone has any way. Try to treat everyone and every situation the same. Dont be prejudiced.

This isnt a condemnation or anything like that.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
BIcyclists are the worse might be that more than anything else LOL. We have a group in our neighborhood, early one morning before light on a Saturday, I was pulling out of my driveway. we live at the bottom of a hill with a bit of a curve, there are some trees and bushes so the viewpoint is limited,but you expect lights on from vehicles. Anyway I backed out and was driving forward when two bicyclists came zooming down the hill, narrowly missing slamming into me. As they pulled around one of them gave me the finger and I couldn't help my self when I caught up to them. LOLtold them straight out it was their fault as they had no lights and were speeding coming down the hill. They didnt want to hear it at first, but hill and curve is such that you dont expect something coming downhill at 40 plus MPH in a residential speed zone.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
"That's right, and I'm here to kill you Little Bill, err . .Little Lady."

"You think driving around in circles hasn't affected me ? Well . .do ya ?"

"Just as soon as I get this car out of park I'll show you some white knuckle driving
that'll turn your hair white ! "

(Too old to take your $#it)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You felt as if you could stop and wait in the drive up lane, or in a driving part of the lot instead of a space because you felt..

A: It wouldnt bother anyone, and you were checking to make sure you werent in peoples way
and

B: Because why not? Its more convenient for you...

Us white males (and yes.. I said US) have grown up being told we can do anything we put our mind to as long as we work for it. We have been taught to take chances, take risks... "shoot your shot".... and most importantly "dont ask for permission...ask for forgiveness"

First of all, I have never heard that last line... but anyway...

What you are describing as "white privilege" is what others call "freedom." I'm sitting out here in my shop, and if I decide to get up and walk around, I can do it. Why? Because I am free. If I want to take a swig of cold Mountain Dew, I can do it. Why? because I'm free. If I want to light up a smoke, I can do it. Why? Because I m free. I do not have to ask anyone's permission, because I am free.

But it goes farther: if I want to get in my car and drive to town, I can do it. Why? Because I am free. If I want to drive around and around the county courthouse, I can do it. Why? Because I'm free. If I want to park the car and take a nap, I can do it. Why? Because I'm free. If I park in a handicapped spot, I will get a ticket. If I park in the middle of a road, I will get a ticket. Those actions are illegal. But I can do it, even though I will pay consequences. Why? Because I'm free!

Now here's the important part... in the USA, everyone is free! Everyone! Skin color doesn't matter... if you're white as an albino, you're free. If you're peach-colored, you're free! If you're sorta dark beige, you're free! If you're brown, you're free! If you're black as night, you're free!

This is not about race. This has never been about race. This is about freedom, and how some people don't want others to have it. Some people want others to do as they are told, every waking moment of the day. That way, they won't interfere with them, because Big Brother will make sure they don't. Big Brother knows all, sees all, and tells all what to do.

Nope, sorry, doesn't cut it with me. I'm free; you're free; the idiotic woman with the mental abilities of a gnat is free. We can all choose to use our freedom or not (because we're all free!), and no one should blame someone else for not making the right choice for themselves.

It was several years ago when this happened. Anti-smoking was all the rage. An friend and I had gone into the local Harbor Freight tool store to pick up a few things. I finished well before he did, so I took my purchase and stepped outside to wait on him. Now, I didn't want him to wonder where I was, so I wanted to stay visible through the windows. I could do that, and still be a respectable distance from the main door, so I took up a position out of the way, lit a cigarette, and waited.

I was looking the other direction when I heard a voice behind me. "You need to stop that! My wife has asthma!" I turned around in surprise, and there was no woman there... just an old man with a scowl on his face... at least it was a scowl at first. His expression changed to shock as he saw I had drawn back to knock his block off. I told him, "You have the whole damn parking lot, and you chose to come over here just to bitch at me? You best get out of striking distance." He did.

This woman is going to come across someone who values their freedom some day, and that day will be a quite shocking and potentially painful wake-up call. I hope it won't be me she chooses to teach her her lesson. I'd really rather not deal with her.

OP, you did nothing wrong... except be free.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace
Belive me, yes things have changed that much and as the 2020 crap-show of an election gets ever nearer its only going to get worse.

Your crime is simple to analyze, at 62, you are discounted as a hateful racist old white man. You have no business even being in Austin. I know, I am near the same age and I wouldnt set foot even in Travis County. At our age and demographic, we are good for nothing but the "knock out game".. One thing I have noticed and you have now learned is that people like her LOVE to surprise you on your six.

Watch your back and stay safe. But understand, it isnt going to be easy.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
She could be just mental and so the whole thing meaningless. No need to worry over one such incident I think and again if she was White again it became meaningless.
I was wondering if the parking was almost empty why not stop in a parking spot instead of the trouble of circling?

I was trying to save my friend a few extra steps. Not a great excuse, I’ll admit. My friend is a 60-year-old lady who could lose a pound or 50. All the spots near the entrance are either handicap parking or for curbside delivery (an increasingly common phenomenon). My friend would never complain, no matter how far away I’m parked, but I was trying to be considerate to her and unintentionally ended up being inconsiderate to the cyclist. I’m not claiming I was completely in the right; I just think she overreacted and the white privilege insult was uncalled for. I’ve seen people of every description do what I did.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

These days, for some people, any negative thing someone else does has its roots in white culture or something. Only white people do bad things.

Of course, the irony is that they did a study about education on white privilege and they discovered that educating people on their privilege didn't actually make them more sympathetic to people of other races, it only made them hate white people. Go figure.

I'm sorry you got caught in the crossfire. Driving like a white person is a new one to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

What?

No sir not at all. I love myself. People actually tell me my ego is too big sometimes.

I do recognize my flaws though. We all have them. I also recognize the flaws in the society we live in.

I grew up poor, in minority neighborhoods. Ive witnessed first hand the hundreds of breaks I was given that my friends werent. I know first hand that that has led me to being more comfortable "breaking the rules" and "taking risks." Im not saying I can get away with murder.. but.. Ive been driving for 15 years, and Ive never gotten a ticket. Ive been pulled over a handful of times, even for doing some things that were blatantly against the law.. and Ive gotten warnings. In school I was in detention all the time, suspended many times.. but never expelled (when others were expelled instantly). At work... I dont officially have a degree.. I do have 4 years of college and other higher education and certifications... but Ive gotten promotions, and landed jobs over POC with masters degrees and a much better work history.

I dont hate myself. I just recognize that white privilege is a thing. Its real, Ive benefited from it. I think the only reason why its so easy for me to see is because of where I came from and how I grew up. I lived in that contrast.

Recognizing white privilege doesnt mean you have to hate yourself, hate white people, give up everything you have, change your life... etc...

If someone tells you that, they are one of the crazy liberals (just like there's crazy conservatives)

Recognizing your white privileged means you appreciate what you have no matter how big or how small, or even if you have nothing, and you're down and out, appreciating that it isnt worse. The only responsibility that comes with it, is a responsibility that everyone has any way. Try to treat everyone and every situation the same. Dont be prejudiced.

This isnt a condemnation or anything like that.

Do people of Chinese and Indian descent act like they’re privileged, too? They do extremely well in our society. I don’t question what you said re: preferential treatment. But I have to wonder why Asians have done so very well. I can only assume whites love them now despite being highly racist toward them in the past. We apparently changed our attitude toward them, but not toward blacks, Hispanics or Muslims.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I’ve seen people of every description do what I did.

Yeah I was just curious, I do that but I usually park with car running see the person come out and head over. I let them know i will be picking them up. Actually now it is done for me the oldster instead of me doing it !!

In our town there are a lot of mentally ill types riding around on bikes all hours so I guess I am inclined to picture that as the insult was so not part of the situation.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Belive me, yes things have changed that much and as the 2020 crap-show of an election gets ever nearer its only going to get worse.

Your crime is simple to analyze, at 62, you are discounted as a hateful racist old white man. You have no business even being in Austin. I know, I am near the same age and I wouldnt set foot even in Travis County. At our age and demographic, we are good for nothing but the "knock out game".. One thing I have noticed and you have now learned is that people like her LOVE to surprise you on your six.

Watch your back and stay safe. But understand, it isnt going to be easy.

You’re so right; I don’t belong here anymore. I adored this town not long ago, right up until Trump was elected. The tradition of tolerance Austin was known for seemingly vanished overnight. Oh, it’s still incredibly tolerant, just as long as you’re not conservative, especially white and conservative. I don’t even feel like my alma mater, UT Austin, is my school anymore. My neighborhood is riddled with Beto signs and the “In this house, we believe ...” signs. No one would dare post a Trump sign.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Act black and it's cultural appropriation.

Act white and it's evil white privilege.

Maybe try Asian?

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Strange. Just the other day you were posting on here how a MAGA hat is a symbol of hate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=Lucidparadox

I wonder why you didn't take your own advice on this post and give people the benefit of the doubt who wear maga hats?

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

White privilege is real. So is black privilege, Asian privilege, male and female privilege, straight and gay privilege, etc.

The truth is all of these characteristics can sometimes benefit us, and sometimes be determinantal to us, depending on the location, time, situation, ect.

Funny that only white privilege is discussed and lambasted (or straight or male privilege).

In fact, time and geographical privilege far outweigh any of these others (being alive today in the US or a first world country makes you more privileged than 99% of all humans in history) yet some chose to focus on the far less important categories of privilege.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join