It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ilhan Omar is found Guilty of Campaign Finance Violations

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: mtnshredder

And when someone of 'left' says the same about you? What would your response be?

Water off a ducks back, I couldn't care less what the left has to say anymore nor do I care what they think or say about me. I'm sorta done with the left and their constant nonsense, hate and hypocrisy.

Omar is a good example of this. She married her brother FFS and committed fraud by deceiving and lying to the US government. So...what does the left do about it? They let their brilliance shine once again and elect her to congress.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes I suppose.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics
a reply to: xuenchen

Wow this seem to be some big news for the right wing, woooooow, this is huge!

Freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar has been ordered to reimburse her campaign account about $3,500 and to pay a fine of $500 after an investigation found she illegally used campaign funds in 2016 and 2017, a report said Thursday.

$500 fine? LMFAO!

You guys are fkin comedy, make me laugh all day!

I think you're missing the point about why people are so interested in this news. I'll give you a clue - it's not the $500 fine.

It's that Omar has been given 10 days to explain why she was married to one man from 2009-2017, but filed joint tax returns with another man from 2014-2015.

Given that there is a long-running theory that she married her own brother for citizenship purposes, there's quite a few people interested in her answer. At the very least, it sounds like tax fraud. At the most, it's something a whole lot more juicy. And damning.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Also, the right are using this to further ridicule the left, but that seems to have gone over your head.

You see, for two years they've been screaming that Trump paying Stormy was a campaign finance violation, and that he should be impeached, imprisoned, and hung/drawn/quartered.

But now that one of their own has ACTUALLY been found guilty of campaign finance violations, and the fine is only very minor... well it makes the left look pretty dumb for their frothing at the mouth for two years.

That's why people are laughing at you...

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Ilhan Omar 2024 POTUS!

Ya bunch of bigots!

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

originally posted by: mekhanics

Wow this seem to be some big news for the right wing, woooooow, this is huge!

Freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar has been ordered to reimburse her campaign account about $3,500 and to pay a fine of $500 after an investigation found she illegally used campaign funds in 2016 and 2017, a report said Thursday.

$500 fine? LMFAO!

You guys are fkin comedy, make me laugh all day!

I think you're missing the point about why people are so interested in this news. I'll give you a clue - it's not the $500 fine.

It's that Omar has been given 10 days to explain why she was married to one man from 2009-2017, but filed joint tax returns with another man from 2014-2015.

Given that there is a long-running theory that she married her own brother for citizenship purposes, there's quite a few people interested in her answer. At the very least, it sounds like tax fraud. At the most, it's something a whole lot more juicy. And damning.

From what I've found, it was all resolved, a fine was given for the misuse of campaign funds. No one is going back to Somalia, no one is going to jail, no crimes were committed. She's a loose cannon with words, but the tax return thing could have easily been a mistake. Her marrying her brother, well that's obviously using a loophole to get him into the country.
Either way, she's not very honest, until she it gets pointed out to her and reacts. Typical politician.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

From what I've found, it was all resolved, a fine was given for the misuse of campaign funds. No one is going back to Somalia, no one is going to jail, no crimes were committed.

Other than yes, a crime certainly was committed (hence the fine), you're right about the campaign finance charge. That will not affect her citizenship nor her position, and it won't lead to jail time. It's done.

But, depending on the tax issues, that could indeed land her in jail. Or it could be another fine.

The situation with marrying her brother is fraud against the United States, a felony, and could disqualify her form public office... and if bad enough and pressed hard enough, could cause her citizenship to be revoked.

Do you honestly not see a problem with someone fraudulently entering the country, fraudulently gaining citizenship, then becoming a member of our national legislature? In Russia, one would be executed by firing squad for that. In Somalia, they would likely be beheaded on the spot.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It was a civil fine, not a criminal one. It never went to court.

Also, if you saw a chance to leave hell on earth and live in America would you take it? I certainly would. Legality aside, she made it here and became a citizen, at least she isn't just a parasite to the illegal system.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

It most certainly has not been resolved. The notice gave her 10 days to provide details regarding the tax situation.

Do you really believe someone ACCIDENTALLY filed a joint tax return with someone she wasn't married to, not once but twice???

Whoops, I did it again...

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

Then why did she pay a fine and ordered to reimburse the misuse of funds?

When you get a traffic ticket, it's not resolved until you either pay it, or fight it.

She even tweeted that it had been resolved and took responsibility.
edit on 8-6-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It was a civil fine, not a criminal one. It never went to court.

So any tax evasion charge isn't a crime either according to that; they don't go through the judicial branch. I'll remember that the next time someone mentions Trump's tax returns.

Also, if you saw a chance to leave hell on earth and live in America would you take it? I certainly would. Legality aside, she made it here and became a citizen, at least she isn't just a parasite to the illegal system.

She is illegal if her citizenship or entry was granted because of her fraudulent activities.

Worse, she may be guilty of sedition against the United States of America. How would you feel if a Russian friend of Vladimir Putin came here under false pretenses, gained citizenship, then became a member of Congress? Heck, weren't you one of those who used to scream about Trump being a Russian plant? Ilhan Omar may actually be a Somali plant!

This is why you keep getting called out. You are rabid when there's any indication that Trump may have once upon a time possibly did something that someone considers morally wrong, but when there are actual convictions and evidence of deadly serious criminality on the Democrat side, you're like, "Oh, no big deal. They didn't mean it."

TheRedneck

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I've never accused trump of being a Russian plant. If I did it was just a theory. Ive always been skeptical of collusion. But I never dismissed that there was a possibility of it either.
Skepticism on both ends is better than blindly jumping on the band wagon which might crash.

Back to Omar tho, you're painting this picture she is out to personally dismantle American democracy, I thinks that's a little far fetched. She has lived most of her life in the US, and you should probably take into account shes lived in almost a life of ridicule and judgement. Shes very out spoken on blatant racism towards her and her family. Who by the way all came to the US legally through asylum and took the path to citizenship. Only her brother has ties to sketchy beginnings.

The more you push back the more I'm finding out all these accusations are over sensationalism of rather minor mistakes. The only thing that I can see being really bad was her comment about 9 / 11.

You really need to think of individuality and social issues. Not everything in life is about right angles and black and white. Humans arent robots.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

No, humans are not robots, and not everything is black and white. And I pointed out already that I am not suggesting she be put in front of a firing squad without a trial. What I am saying is that these are extremely serious allegations! The government is supposed to operate for the benefit of the citizens... and if her citizenship is in question, then that is sedition.

Now, if her citizenship is not based on fraud, so be it. She is then innocent of that accusation and deserves no punishment for it. But... if she is guilty, I don't care about her upbringing or her troubles in life. I've had a hard life, too, but you don't see me trying to defraud the USA!

That's the black and white issue: Is she guilty of these crimes? Can we not agree that this deserves at least as much investigation as a dossier full of lies with no basis in reality did?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

What crimes?
What was criminal about what she did or has done, if so you go lay charges on her see how that works out.
Seems to me she's pretty open about what happened and wasn't trying to hide anything since it was all documented pretty much. If she committed a crime, then put her in the court system, but guess what, it's over, she got the fine, got the punishment, which wasn't criminal. You're just making stuff up.

She's an American citizen, how else would she be in government? Her family dragged her from war torn Somalia to seek asylum, and instead of dodging the system to not pay taxes and all that jazz like most illegals do she took the time to become a citizen.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Holy #, high crimes and misdemeanors!!!

Hang the woman from the yardarm!

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

What crimes?

Campaign finance violations.

What was criminal about what she did or has done, if so you go lay charges on her see how that works out.

She has already been convicted. She paid the fine. That is an admission of guilt. Can you not understand that?

And no, it wasn't civil... civil is a lawsuit between two parties over a tort. This is a misdemeanor legal violation.

As to the rest, I already said there needs to be an investigation; give her her day in court.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Rewey

Then why did she pay a fine and ordered to reimburse the misuse of funds?

When you get a traffic ticket, it's not resolved until you either pay it, or fight it.

She even tweeted that it had been resolved and took responsibility.

You're not separating the two issues here. The campaign finance violation is done, yes, but that's the least significant part if this equation, potentially. I'm referring to the tax fraud issue, and what that possibly unravels...

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
This, on top of filing fraudulent taxes for 8 years.

Filing taxes and campaign finance laws will suddenly become racist I bet.

Perhaps a new term is required here for snowflakes Religist????? Do you think it will take? You are being such a Religist? Kind of sounds funny not really catchy tho. Would be able to call someone who attacks Christianity a Religist could we change the verbiage from anti=semite to that guy is a real religist? What about Satanism? Could the Hollyweirdo's defend themselves by calling those who oppose all their witchery religilists?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Did this result in her getting a criminal record?

And so far from what I have found the taxes might lead to a criminal act. They might not. Guess we will find out.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It probably would come up if someone ran her ID, but it's a misdemeanor... might not, depends on whether or not they report misdemeanors. It's similar to a traffic ticket... easier to pay a small fine and not worry about it than to go to court and all that jazz. Do traffic tickets show up on a criminal record?

The problem I have has nothing to do with the campaign finance issue... my concern is her marrying her brother to defraud immigration, and potentially a tax problem.

If someone were to leave home, get a speeding ticket, then rob a house, steal a gun, rob a store, and shoot a clerk, would you be all upset when they were arrested because they only got a traffic ticket?

That's exactly what you're doing here.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join