It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Straight Pride’ parade planned for Boston

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Everyone loves a NORML parade!

Oh wait! You said "normal". Never mind...

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

We NORMS gotta Represent too Man , know what I Mean '? It's a Really STUPID Game some Politically Correct Anal-Retentive Sorry Excuse for a Human Being Individuals Created out of some Crazy Irrational Emotional Need to Project their Fictitious Beliefs on Others in order to Feel Relevant in this Current Earth Timeline . Just Ignore them and they Magically Disappear ............

edit on 6-6-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
while I thinks its a very meh idea, I also don't understand the angst that so many people have with it...

If its ok for other groups to do so why not straight people.

Funny thing, I commented on an article about it on yahoo of all places where the majority of people responded saying yea as long as its fun who cares id go.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

We NORMS gotta Represent too Man , know what I Mean '? It's a Really STUPID Game some Politically Correct Anal-Retentive Sorry Excuse for a Human Being Created out of some Irrational Emotional Need to Project in order to Feel Relevant in this Current Earth Timeline . Just Ignore them and they Magically Disappear ............

Yes, it's all really stupid... at least taken at face value.

But that's pretty much where we're at these days, right? There's a competition for the biggest victim. If this group gets a pity party then we get a pity party too! Tit-for-tat. (Don't say it Augustus!!!)

And rightfully so. In the grand scheme of things it just proves that anyone can have a protest/march/parade/whatever. And anyone can counter protest/march/parade/whatever. Which says more about how much freedom we still have than anything else. It's great for getting attention, boosting morale among the ranks, attracting new supporters, etc.

But if the cause is worthwhile, then the real work is accomplished in the real world by real people... not on a parade.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I have no problems with gay pride so why would I have a problem with straight pride?
Pretty straight forward to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Funny thing, I commented on an article about it on yahoo of all places where the majority of people responded saying yea as long as its fun who cares id go.

That's good to hear! I'm happy to hear people are keeping it all in perspective and fair play.

I always suspect half of any moral outrage is faux outrage manufactured for the cause. Alinsky's Rule #-I-have-no-idea, but basically always make it appear that you have more support and resources than you really do have...

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Whatever Happened to Unity in America ? We Once Had it , but some Evil People Want to take it Away . Live and Let Live . A Noble Ideal IMO .

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

yep, live and let live.......

....Until their heads explode....

........or it gets too late.......

I'm sleepy.....

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ

(just imagine what happens at a "two-lip" Parade)🌷🌷🌷

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I agree - It should be a really preposterous idea, and the only reason anyone at all is making any kind of thing out of it is because the leftist heads are exploding over it.

I guess only gay folks can celebrate how they screw other people.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
This is probably attempting to accomplish several things at once.

Firstly, it's a troll, it's meant to trigger certain people while highlighting or attempting to highlight potential inequality from those that champion their own sense of equality.

Secondly, it's probably going to have some other issues wrapped into it, like the highlighted link about gender changes for minors.

Third, it's an excuse for men to march behind a camp flag while idolising Brad Pitt. The only thing it's likely to trigger is irony meters.

UPDATE: It's not Brad Pitt, it's Milo Yiannopoulos. EIther this is comedy or it's an obvious gay pride false flag operation.
edit on 7-6-2019 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I want to see a pro-life pride parade.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I think the end goal here is to point out the ridiculousness of publicly "celebrating" your own sexuality. I feel the same way about "pride" as I do towards public religious displays.

No one cares, leave it at home and we'll all be fine. Straight, homo or any "other".

Oh and...I wholeheartedly agree on the side issue. No sex op on minors. When you're an adult...do whatever the hell you want with your junk.

My universe would be rather simple.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Oh jesus. Sure, "straight pride" parade. But first, straight people need to be beaten, drowned, stabbed, chained to fences, murdered (even by our own police force) etc. just for being straight. They need to be completely shamed to a suicidal degree, and then we must outright ban heterosexual marriage.

After that, sure, have a "straight pride" parade. Cause otherwise this is just another pathetic show of idiocy by people that have no clue what other people have gone through and are, once again, celebrating their own ignorance.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Oh jesus. Sure, "straight pride" parade.

While I feel this "parade" is just taking the piss out of "non-binary" folks...Everybody that "feels hurt" has a parade these days. I see no difference. On one hand, if you're straight these days..you're not allowed to "not like" non straights. You're branded a bigot, racist, homopfhobic nazi...take your pick.

I'm not defending violence that you mention, but there is whole other spectrum of straight people that are non violent and are not allowed to dislike "progressivism". Often time people just want to live their lives and stick to their own. To their traditions. More and more these days...they make you look like a cave man for it.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

ABOUT TIME, I am sick of being treated as a second class person, actively discriminated against and hated by so called Rainbow people simply because I am a straight guy.

edit on 7-6-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I guess only gay folks can celebrate how they screw other people.

Or not apparently... I was very surprised to learn just recently that the asexual -- the voluntarily celibate -- is considered part of the LGBT. Under the "transgender umbrella."

How that works I have no idea!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I think a Straight Pride parade is a wonderful idea.

After all, who doesn't enjoy a nice festivity.

Anyone who has a negative opinion about this is deluded.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

But...why on earth do asexual people need a parade ? I wasnt aware they have issues ? Are they being attacked, beaten ?

what a world...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Isn't there still a pro-life march in DC every year? Not exactly the same, but close...

A parade on the other hand? The thing is, that could turn into another anti-man-bashing thing real quick as single women parade their kids without their daddy... that would be the face of pro-life. Those women who were strong enough and brave enough to have their kids even when their daddy was gone as soon as he lost the twinkle in his eye. And rightfully so to one extent or another.

I'm not saying that's the whole picture. But I am thinking that would become the public face of it.

After all, there's no challenge or virtue in two people who love each other and are committed to each other having and raising a family.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

My universe would be rather simple.

I'd be a happy camper in that universe!

I think the greater point -- both now with this Straight Pride parade and with the original Gay Pride parades -- is to say that no one should be shamed or lessened for their sexuality.

But I still don't really get it. I don't think anyone's sexuality is anyone else's business. I'm happy to let consenting adults do as they wish on their own time. I'm most bemused that so many people seem to think it's appropriate to wear one's sexuality on their sleeve...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join